049

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Wait, you mean you went there to pretend that you’re on his side?” Joy was currently inside Wendy’s unit. She immediately set off the moment she received a call from her friend. Upon arriving, she attacked the other lady with questions. And right now, she felt stupid for thinking that Seungwan would actually conspire with her father.

Wendy served a double dutch flavored ice cream, her ex’s favorite flavor, in front of Joy.

“Yes. It’s the only way I could think of to make it up to Joohyun…somehow.” She replied with her knitted eyebrows. She was still at fault after she hated her for something she wasn’t sure of. Indeed, the girl was right for telling her that she should have a proof before she tries to blame someone.

Her baseless accusations backfired on her. Her father was the murderer and not Joohyun’s.

She recalled the day she had seen all the files about her father. It was that morning when she met Joohyun at her hotel.

 

Wendy was sitting on the couch with her hands fidgeting, she couldn’t meet the older girl’s eyes. She was bothered and nervous at the same time.

She felt the need to vomit right then and there if not for her hunger to know the truth about her father. She doesn’t want other people to be dragged into the messy connection of her father to the Bae’s.

She saw Irene walked to her desk as she got some files on her drawer before she sat on the couch across hers. The raven crossed her legs as she slid the folder toward Wendy. "That's the answer to your question last night. Go ahead and take a look."

With trembling hands, Wendy reached for the said folder and opened it. It took time for her to realize that it was all some gathered files about her father. From the accident of the Bae family in the states to every single detail about Son Seungwoo.

She saw police reports about a car that was wrecked that night. There were witnesses as they confirmed that the truck driver purposely hit the vehicle several times until it crushed to a post.

The big impact caused Joohyun’s parents’ death as hey protected their daughter. But it doesn’t mean that Joohyun was let off easily. The girl suffered and went through hell that others weren’t aware of.

Not only that, Wendy saw other files that Son Seungwoo was involved into illegal drugs.

She couldn’t believe what she was seeing.

She took time to read the files, from time to time shaking her head in dismay. Hurt and disbelief could be seen in her eyes, until she came across with one thing that was relevant to her.

But one thing lingered in her brain when her eyes fell upon with some documents about her mother.

Her widened eyes glistened with tears while she cupped to muffle her cries.

It’s not the Bae’s who killed her mom, it was him. Son Seungwoo, her father. He plotted to assassinate Mrs. Son because she planned to reveal that the money they borrowed from the Park’s was not for their debts, it was for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter