026

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Oppa where the hell are you taking me?” Irene exhaled as she slid inside the vehicle. Yunho just chuckled but didn’t disclose any information about his surprise.

“Fairyland.”

“Do you want to eat shattered glasses for dinner?”

“Just wait and see. You’ll be glad I brought you there. I promise.” Yunho shook his head, amused at how his cousin could be so brutal in terms of language. She had the power to do that but he knew fairly well that it was just one of her empty threats.

She rolled her eyes at him and made a face. “Whatever, oppa. Make sure to bring me home before midnight.”

The male beside her just snorted as he switched lanes. “What are you? A high school kid with a curfew? Just relax. You can ditch work tomorrow in case you’ll not get enough sleep.” He glanced at her briefly as he pressed on the pedal, increasing their speed, making the young lady squeal unintentionally on her seat but was able to compose herself in just seconds.

“How about no? I’m a professional human being who reports at work everyday. Thank you.” She chided amicably before sticking her tongue out at her cousin.

“I can make your day tomorrow, free. Seoju will take care of everything.” Yunho shrugged. Irene balked.

“I’ll pretend that I didn’t hear you calling unnie like some intoxicating drink.”

Yunho just laughed, being with Irene won’t bore you out. Yes, she could be intimidating and you would certainly hesitate to talk to her but she’s very approachable with people, as long as you are not going to waste her time with nonsense.

 

 

The doorbell rang continuously and it echoed around Sooyoung’s condo unit. She barely got a rest from her nonstop photoshoot the past week. Now that she’s on her comfort zone she’d hope that it’s about time to finally have her decent rest. But right now, this person who kept on murdering her doorbell wasn’t giving her the peace she wanted.

So, without looking through the peephole, she didn’t bother checking if it was some annoying paparazzi stalking her as she opened her door widely.

Her eyes rounded as it revealed, Wendy.

“Seungwan.”

Joy couldn’t gauge on what to do while seeing Wendy looking all drained and miserable.

“Soo, I...I’m tired being like this.” Wendy entered and welcomed herself inside as she rested her head on Sooyoung’s shoulder. “I don’t even know what I’m doing. All I know is that I hate Seulgi’s fiancé.”

Joy stilled but mentioned nothing. She just kept mum and let the girl vent out for the mean time. She pulled Wendy as gentle as she could inside after checking the vicinity for some snoopers and closed the door.

 “What would you like to drink?” Joy had asked on her way to the kitchen.

“Can I have some beer?”

“No.”

Joy made a face while Wendy laughed.

“You always forbid me to drink some liquor. It’s funny that you still stayed the same despite being a popular model.”

Joy sighed and tossed her a can of grape juice and sat on the couch. “Liquor won’t help you solve your problem, Wan.”

“But it’ll help me forget for a while. I wish my mom is still here. With all the s that have been happening to me lately, I can survive if she’s here.”

She confessed. Joy grabbed the can from her and opened it while seeing the girl struggling from opening it and handed it back to her.

“It’s a surprise showing yourself in my place. What led you here? Did you and your girlfriend fight again?” Joy probed and she could see how Wendy’s forehead wrinkled in dismay for few seconds.

“Seulgi...she changed. Something changed right after being engaged with Bae Joohyun. She seemed distant when that girl appeared. I don’t know why but seeing Seulgi act around with that Bae with familiarity seemed odd to me. It was like she had known the girl all her life. The way she looked at her, the way she held her…I don’t know. Is it just me?” Wendy directed her gaze to Joy, looking for some answers that were not answerable.

But who knows?

Joy might have the answers. However, the girl remained calm and showed no signs of knowledge about the topic.

“Why don’t you ask your girlfriend? It’s not like I’m Seulgi to know the answers to your questions. But…” She inserted that conjunction immediately because she’s positive that Wendy would have rebutted on her statement.

“But...I do believe that she has proper explanations about her behavior. You won’t know unless you ask her Wan-ah. You really do love her, don’t you?” Joy asked even though the answer might hurt her.

“I do. And I don’t know how to act on it.”

That answer stabbed Sooyoung a million times right through her heart but tried to endure it all. “If she tells you that she’s in love with her fiancé, are you still going to fight for her?”

Without delay, Seungwan answered, “Yes.”

Joy chuckled bitterl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter