057

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The italicized letters are her memories recently with Seulgi while the bold italicized letters are recollections from way back high school days. Have fun!!

 

“Should we order first? I mean…”

“Yeah sure.”

Seulgi lifted her hand to call for a waiter. In just a few seconds, someone moved towards their table.

“Are you ready to order ma’am?”

“Ahm, well I wanted to order some Bolognese pasta. And~”

“What about one of our best seller meals? Would you like to try our roast beef with sprinkled peanuts~”

Irene was about to react at the mention of peanuts when Seulgi beat her to it. That it grew more confusing and at the same time intriguing to be with the younger girl.

“Ah, no. My friend is allergic to peanuts. I guess we’ll just have Lasagna too. And pizza?” Seulgi looked at Irene for validation, she just nodded.

 

Seulgi never forgot every tiny detail about her. It was tattooed in her heart that amazed Irene. And with each passing moment spent with Seulgi after she knew that she’d be marrying her, her recollection of her forgotten memories of her childhood friend – slash – former lover seemed to grow stronger.

Her thoughts wandered to the day she had a fight with one of the waiters for serving them a wrong dish.

 

“What is this?” Joohyun asked, irritated. Seulgi’s eyes grew wide, alarmed with how her girlfriend’s voice began to ascend. “H-hyun…it’s o~”

“No! It’s not okay. You can die because of that shrimp!” She squeaked. The male before them squirmed in fright as he stood there with a crestfallen face, eyes were drilling the ground.

“Look, I haven’t taken a bite so chill, will ya? Please?” Seulgi placed her hand on top of Joohyun’s hand reassuringly. The girl has a point that somehow calmed the intense nerves of the older girl.

“I’m sorry for yelling at you. I didn’t mean to do that, I’m just worried for this brat.” Joohyun chucked her hand, pointing at the innocent girl who was blatantly grinning at her as she apologized to the man before her.

The waiter balked because never in his life he met a customer apologizes to a mere worker. Most rich people he had served before were rude and inconsiderate.

“N-no, m…miss. I-it’s my fault. I’m sorry for serving you t-the…the wrong dish. I’ll change it right away.” He was a stuttering mess as he removed the plate, bowed and scurried to the kitchen.

Seulgi clicked her tongue, clearly teasing her girlfriend. “Look what you did. You scared the poor man.” She chuckled. Joohyun puffed her cheeks. “And whose fault is that? Why the hell are you allergic to sea foods?”

“Why the hell are you allergic to peanuts?”

“Are you trying to fight me?”

“Are you?”

“No. I’m trying to fight that shrimp!” She huffed dryly while Seulgi bit back her laugh, amused at how over protectively cute she was.

 

Irene couldn’t help but smile at the way they teased each other back then. She sighed. She wished it was that simple just like before. But it was not. Their life was chaotic to even be in it.

Then as the time wherein that Han Joohyuk approached her at the coffee shop played in her mind while Seulgi saved her from facing an unknown man with awkwardness, a reminiscence of jealous Joohyun dropped by in her mind when she, herself, was getting stressed out because of girls and boys flocking towards her baby bear.

 

“Ahm…Irene-ssi. C-can I talk to you for a bit?” The male stuttered miserably as he fidgeted. Irene blinked and nodded.

“May I know who you are? I don’t mean to be rude but I don’t know you.” She revealed. Her tone was flat. She doesn’t know the guy but he shouldn’t be hitting on her, at least that was what she hoped for.

“I…I’m Han Joohyuk. I’m~”

He was cut off when someone talked. And at the same time, Irene felt an arm s around her waist that she spun around, her eyes widened.

“I’ve been waiting for you, love. Is he giving you a hard time?”

Seulgi smiled down at her which Irene equally mirrored the taller girl’s face.

Irene tensed at the close proximity of Seulgi. This short distance between them was new to her. Her heart stammered against her ribcage, her body welcomed the jumpy sensation within her.

“No. He just wants to talk to me about something. I’m sorry did you wait long for me?” Irene asked her voice was soft that just melted Seulgi into a puddle the same time her knees weakened.

Seulgi gave the guy before them a look that made the poor soul scurried away from them. Irene laughed, amused at how her fiancé could easily scare them.

Clueless, Seulgi raised an eyebrow at her, slightly demanding for the reason of her laugh.

Is there something funny? Why is she laughing? But her laugh is like a music to my ears.

“You frightened him, Seul. But thank you for helping me out there. It was actually awkward. What are you doing here?” She grinned as she faintly pressed her palm against the latter’s shoulder to have her personal space back.

 

As soon as the bell rang, the students of Daehan High burst out from the school. In just a few minutes, the campus was filled with noisy boys and girls – ready to go home.

Just then, Joohyun, Seulgi, Krystal and Solar gathered at the quadrangle because they planned to eat out before going home.

However, to Joohyun’s distaste, they saw familiar people lurking at the exit gates – in Joohyun’s terms, Seulgi’s serpents, ready to devour her girlfriend.

Joohyun’s dark orbs seemed to darken more, unusually, today.

Once they spotted Seulgi, they started squealing.

“Oh god, my ears will fall because of their piercing screams.” Krystal grimaced at the high pitched sound from the females and the low growls in sync.

“Oh please, they make me want to be the female version of Apollo who killed the monstrous serpent.” Joohyun said in gritted teeth. Solar, standing behind her best friend, could only shake her head while the clueless Seulgi was focused on her phone.

“Seulgi unnie!”

“Kang Seulgi, saranghaeyo!”

They shouted that alarmed Seulgi. She almost dropped her phone on the ground. Joohyun, beside her, hissed.

Oblivious to her girlfriend’s foul mood, Seulgi looked up and waved her hand, with a soft smile formed on her lips

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter