070

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

During the meal, Mr. Kang was squirming uncomfortably on his seat. His eyes were drilling holes to his plate as he intensely focused his gaze on it. Mrs. Kang noticed her husband’s odd discomfort, clueless at what was happening to him. It all started when he went to look for the couple.

The dining area was filled with stroppy silence and Seulgi decided to break the ice. “So…what brings you here?”

She doesn’t want to sound rude for asking but she was just curious, since it’s her parents’ first time visiting her here.

“You sound like you don’t want us here.” Mrs. Kang made a face that made her daughter chuckle.

“It’s not like that eomma. It just felt weird that you decided to visit here.” An odd timing at that.

“Actually your father insisted surprising you for a visit. Believe me, it felt weird too. Look now, he’s being quiet and just…odd.” The older lady rolled her eyes before wiping her lips with a napkin.

Seulgi raised an eyebrow at her father at exactly the moment he lifted his head. Their eyes met but the Kang heiress gazed at him questioningly with a challenge in contrast to Mr. Kang’s rounded, surprised orbs – veering away from his daughter’s prying eyes.

Yeah, he’s being odd for seeing something he’s not supposed to see.

Irene, on the other hand, ate quietly because she was fully aware of what was happening. She wanted to hide under the ground, feeling embarrassed because of that indirect exposure yet it wasn’t intentional for him to see. They don’t even know that they were inside the house for Christ’s sake.

But not only that, Irene was not sure on how to act around her father-in-law after the incident last year when he begged for her to let go of Seulgi.

Is he still against that she’s with Seulgi, again?

Is it still the same thought about her?

She doesn’t know but whatever it is, she’s going to fight for her wife. She had never wanted anything nor anyone ever in her life than Seulgi. Yes, she chose her dream before but that doesn’t mean she never chose her as well. It’s more like she wanted her dream and at the same time needed Seulgi.

But you can’t have it all, they say.

Things turned out with the way she never expected it to be. As much as daunting it was to experience such – she found her way back to her Seulgi bear by fate.

This time it’s not about fate anymore.

It’s about her choosing to love without fear, without insecurities, without doubt but with courage and with drive to decide that it’s way better to experience life with her wife.

So much thoughts were running inside her brain that she didn’t notice being called by Seulgi. The monolid girl looked worried, her eyebrows furrowing.

“Are you okay, baby?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter