006

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“You have no idea how scary those kids were. “Mr. Jung pointed out with his exaggerated hand gestures. Mr. and Mrs. Seo grew amused. Mrs. Jung eyed her husband warily.

They gathered inside the living room of the Seo residence. As soon as their lunch finished more like Irene and Seulgi left, they went to the Seo’s to fret about how Seulgi and Irene stormed out of the place. Well, it was actually when Seulgi threw a fit while Joohyun was strangely calm about everything.

If only they knew how the news had Irene panicking.

“What did I tell you? They won’t like this set-up.”

“We can’t really do anything about this. The elder did this.”

“Exactly. It’s not like they’ll rise from their graves and come back to life to reprimand us if we let the children be. It’s their life.”

“No, honey. I can’t really risk it. I don’t want to die in my sleep while the elders haunt me there.” Mr. Jung shuddered at the thought. His wife glared at him and she wondered sometimes if she did the right thing to marry this man.

Mrs. Seo laughed at them, half laughing but deep inside she was frightened, too, about the brewing storm to come in their way.

 

 

It was seven in the morning when Seulgi strolled in the dining area. She was clad in her usual Armani suit and black mule pumps.

She sat silently in her seat without greeting her father, who was busy reading newspaper with a cup of coffee in hand.

Seulgi reached for a toast when the patriarch began to speak to her.

“I didn’t like the way you acted yesterday.” Mr. Kang’s voice was soft but there was a disappointment mix in his tone.

Seulgi looked away.

Everything that happened yesterday was already too much and she doesn’t want to hear anymore about it now. She quietly forked her sausage and ate.

“Can you explain that to me? You were rude to talk like that. You even left, bolted out to be exact.”

She sighed and set her utensils down. “Dad. Aren’t you supposed to be the one explaining to me? You said that it was a business meeting. And I see my ex sitting there with the Jung’s? How could you dad? It’s unfair.”

“Stop this hatred towards Joohyun. It’s been seven years. You’re not a child anymore. And you can’t reason with me on this one. You’ll get married only to Bae Joohyun and that’s final.”

Seulgi slammed her hands over the table that stunned the patriarch, causing the lady holding a plate of bacon fall on the floor.

They had never seen their child act rudely this way. She’s kind and gentle, bubbly even. But ever since her break up with the Bae heiress, there was a drastic change with her attitude.

Bubbly, kind and gentle Kang Seulgi was no more.

No one can even talk to her, until Son Seungwan came along. And Seulgi’s parents were thankful for it.

“S-Seulgi~”

“No mom. Both of you have no right to meddle with my life like this. I won’t marry that girl. I’ll only marry one girl and that’s Seun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter