062

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It's yet another day for Irene. She puffed her cheeks before climbing out of her bed. Each day passed by like a whim and she continued with her life, helping her cousin with the company. She checked her digital clock as it flashed red numbers. - 7:28 AM

 

Just two minutes...two minutes away before her phone vibrates along with a message from someone she badly misses.

 

A year had passed yet she's continuously getting messages from, Kang Seulgi, her wife. Although she doesn't reply it was a habit she looked forward to. At the sound of the device buzzing wildly on top of her nightstand, without delay she yanked her phone with an excited glint in her dark orbs.

 

Hi Hyun. Good morning. I just woke up from my 3 hours sleep. 😴😪 -KSG

 

The young Bae couldn't help herself from getting worried over her wife. Without being aware that there were already lines forming on her forehead. She wondered what made Seulgi to lose sleep.

 

But then her question was answered immediately when a notification popped on her phone.

 

I couldn't sleep. So I did something productive on my free time. I reviewed all the financial reports from last month's sales. And it's your fault. ☹️😔 -KSG

 

How is this my fault now, Kang? From being worried, Irene turned into a fuming dragon because of that baseless accusation. But then her expression changed again into an uncomfortable straight face that she tried to exude while biting her lower lip.

 

It's your fault why I couldn't sleep. 😐 I miss you...can't stop myself from thinking about you. 🥰🥰 -KSG

 

Yet again, Kang Seulgi managed to make the older girl's heart thud abnormally without exerting much effort. Irene clenched her jaw, hoping that it might help to stop herself from smiling.

 

But no. She failed miserably because right now, her lips curved upwards, almost reaching her ears as she felt the pumping blood muscle began to beat wildy inside her ribcage.

 

But before she could do something irrationally, she tossed her phone on the bed as she proceeded to the bathroom to get ready for work.

 

"Stupid Kang. I miss you too." Irene took one more glance on her phone prior to shutting her bathroom's door close.

 

 

Seulgi's monolid eyes were ripped open by her wide awake inner self. She couldn't sleep much after she finished reviewing all the files she brought home from the office.

 

She glanced at her bedside table and grabbed the device like a routine.

 

She exhaled a brief sigh of relief. Just right on time. It's almost 5:30 in the morning.

 

Her body is always awake during this time. She doesn't know why but she thought the reason would be simple. It's because of the person she loves so dearly - Joohyun. Simple yet complicated life she has without her Hyun.

 

She wondered if this was what Joohyun felt when she pushed her away that time. When she refused to accept Irene's decision to study overseas. This heavy feeling wherein each passing day that you tried to fix everything, it just went down the drain because of neglect. The feeling of not being able to breathe as if she was deprived of oxygen, the feeling of reaching out to something you can't even reach but was trying anyway, the feeling of frustration because you wanted to be with that person but you can't because you know that her pain is because of you. Thinking about it made her feel guilty for being so immature and dumb selfish to stop the girl from achieving her goals in life instead of pulling her up.

 

Maybe, this was another lesson that she needed to learn. As realization hits her like a rushing bulldozer, no matter how hard, no matter how long, no matter how many times she failed, she won't give up on her like the first time. She would do everything just to have her back even if she had to wait forever.

 

After sending her morning messages to her wife, Seulgi let out a big sigh to get ready for another day. Another day to survive without her.

 

She sighed. "You can do this, Kang Seulgi. You'll have her back. Soon. Just wait."

 

 

Prior to reporting to her work, Seulgi dropped by to her friend's shop. Yes, maybe it didn't work out for them but after a while, they found the peace and decided to remain as friends. Wendy looked up the moment she heard the bells chimed in. Indicating that a customer entered the place.

 

The usual brown locks was now gone and replaced by a blonde hair color that suited her well. Wendy's lips moved upwards into a bright smile.

 

"The usual?" She asked, as the taller girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter