024

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A tall male exited from the arrivals gate. He was wearing his black cardigan. Underneath it was his white v-neck shirt, paired with his skinny jeans and a pair of red sneakers. His face framed with Oakley sunglasses.

Most people caught the sight of him and they couldn’t veer away their gazes from him. His striking features plus his tall stature, no doubt, could attract the crowd. Some females in the area were even ogling at him but he couldn’t care less.

He smiled once he stepped outside the airport and breathed the Seoul air as if it’s not the same air he’s breathing from where he came from.

The male fished his phone and dialed a number. Three seconds passed, the person from the other end picked up, his lips curving up into a lopsided grin.

“Hello baby girl.”

 

 

Irene took the folders from Yeri while on their way to the elevator.

“How many guests do they have for this wedding reception?” Irene asked the moment they stepped inside the machine.

“It’s 500 head counts boss.” At the mention of the word boss, Irene glared at her secretary while the latter was just enjoying teasing her.

“You do love doing that lately. Do you really feel a lot comfortable working with me now?”

“Should I say yes, Irene unnie?”

“Should I get you fired then?”

Irene, this time, has the smirk on her face. That changed when her face was void from any expression but her tone was playful.

Yeri thought that working with her lady boss would be a pain in the the first time she laid her eyes on her. However, the longer she spent time with Irene the more she discovers something about her that most people don’t know.

She might not know what the real deal was but she could sense how Irene suffered all these years and she admired her for staying strong all this time.

If she were in her place, she doesn’t know if she could even survive all the that would happen her way. She couldn’t even live without her parents and she’s afraid to forget all those important memories that supposed to be remembered and not be forgotten. Yeri couldn’t even see herself marrying her ex for ’s sake. And she doubts that her parents would even set her up into an arranged marriage.

It’s hard to live Bae Joohyun’s life if it’d be her.

“I’d like to keep this job. Thank you very much, unnie.” Yeri rolled her eyes and stood beside her boss.

“That isn’t so hard at all, is it Kim Yerim?” Irene laughed as if it was not so much of a big threat to fire her assistant.

Honestly, it wasn’t.

If not Irene was certainly fond of Yeri.

For one, she felt like she found a little sister in her. And making fun of Yeri was something normal for Irene to do, at least once a day.

“Certainly, unnie. But don’t worry. I’ll make sure that everything goes well with the reception of that ~”

“Ya! You don’t get to say that with our guests. Even…even if the bride is such a nasty bi~”

“Alright alright, unnie. I got it. First you have to attend this meeting at our Jamsil branch. I think they are having problems with the cancelling of the bookings there.” Yeri insisted and Irene knew what the girl was doing.

Irene chuckled and shook her head in amusement.

“Don’t worry, I’ll check it there. I already informed Seohyun unnie about that branch.” Irene talked and nodded when some employees greeted her the moment they reached lobby on their way to the exit.

“Good morning, Irene.” One male said. She just nodded.

One female bowed to her and muttered a soft, “Hey Irene.”

Yeri grinned and whispered, “You wanted this kind of greeting unnie. You’re the first big boss I know who doesn’t want to be addressed as Samonim, Director or whatever.”

“I just don’t like that kind of formality. Back in L.A, people would just call me Irene. And I don’t have to feel suffocated at all. I mean…it made me cringe when someone thinks so highly of me when I’m not. I’m just an ordinary human being like you guys.” Irene explained as she held the folders closer to her ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter