064

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Irene went home early to prepare for their company party in the evening, although she had a busy day at work with so many papers to sign, projects to review, and financial audits to check.

Upon arriving, she let out a tired sigh as she strolled inside the house. She padded straight to the kitchen to water her dry throat.

She was in the middle of drinking when her phone vibrated wildly on top of the counter. Curious to who might that be, she checked the device to see a message that came from her wife – a video message to be precise.

Right after gulping down a glass of water, she decided to check the message and Seulgi’s smiling face with matching puppy eyes welcomed her.

Irene clicked the play button and from there her heart pounded madly inside her chest. She missed that voice so much. The gentle, innocent voice that would calm her down at any time of the day. Normally, when she’s tired and so out of it, Seulgi would cheer her up in any way and won’t stop until she won’t feel okay.

“Hyun!!! Hello. How is your day? I don’t even know if you’ll see this one but if you do, I just wanted to say how much I miss you and that I love you so much.” Seulgi bit her lower lip as she thought of the next thing to say in which Irene would find it cute and charming that she wasn’t aware of how her lips curved, resembling a math equation, like a parabola automatically.

“I just want you to know that I’ll wait for you. I’m holding onto your promise that night. That you’ll be back. And I know in my heart that you will be. I love you!” The monolid girl waved after giving her a kiss as she pulled the camera near to her lips as if she was really kissing her wife.

With every words uttered by Kang Seulgi were like needles that pricked Joohyun’s heart. She wanted so badly to just book a flight and forget what she promised to her wife’s father. She knew how important his words are but it’s so hard to even resist her lovely wife every day. With every message she received, all the good mornings, good evenings, take cares and I love yous that came from her wife melted her. As much as she expertly hides it, she needs her wife and she’s at her five percent before she would be irrational and just run to her Seulgi.

The way she recalled her wife it just made her even sadder that a tear had escaped from her eyes unwantedly.

The raven just left her phone over the counter and walked to her room to get ready. Lately, she has been doing that because she’s afraid of what she might do when she lost control.

During her hours inside the party, she wasted no time and went over the bar to get something to drink. She wanted to remove Seulgi’s face from her memory.

After some more hours spent sitting alone with a drink on her hand, somehow, she felt dizzy. She’s not a heavy drinker after all.

“Are you seriously going to drown yourself with liquor?”

Irene turned her head to face Rose who’s equally looking at her with a straight look on her appearance. “Maybe?” She shrugged.

Chaeyoung made a face at her and proceeded to yank the drink out of Bae’s hand but the raven refused to let go of the glass.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter