014

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“I guess we can’t escape this at all.” Irene pursed her lips and Seulgi was nodding along beside her. They watched the cars of their parents sped away from the place and the two of them were left behind.

“I know but I didn’t expect it to be this soon. It was as if our marriage has a validity period or something.”

“You should let Seungwan know about this.”

“She probably knows it by now.”

“Huh?”

Seulgi faced Irene with a sour expression. “Knowing my father, it might be on the news right now.” She nodded, the shorter girl balked.

“Now, I think it’s better if I drive you home or I’ll get reprimanded if I leave my wife here.” Seulgi looked up the moment her Huracan was brought over, the valet handed the keys to her and left immediately after bowing.

Irene glared at her soon to be wife. “Don’t start Kang.”

Seulgi chuckled. She’s the same Joohyun she used to know when she’s being annoyed. She always called her by her surname.

 

 

Johnny got out from the kitchen when he heard a loud purred of engine.

It must be JooJoo noona.

He walked towards the window to take a peek. Then his eyes widened as soon as he saw his cousin slid down from the car and next was Seulgi.

Unexpected, he didn’t even imagine this day would happen again, Seulgi driving his cousin home.

He watched those exchanged conversations, a few moments later the older girl waved a goodbye to the other before the car sped away. Once he heard a click from the front door, he grinned widely upon seeing his cousin’s figure entered the house.

“So…your wife drove you home today.” He wiggled his eyebrows playfully, only that Irene threw her bag directly at him. “Not you too!” She grumbled when he easily dodged the bag flying towards him.

“It’s official then. You’re getting married to Kang Seulgi of Hyundai Motors.”

Irene shuddered, it’s true when Seulgi said that her father had dropped the news and her cousin sputtering about her soon to be wedding was enough proof.

“This is too fast. I don’t know what to do Johnny. I…I don’t know what to feel anymore.”

“Should I let you meet one of my friends?” He offered. His cousin gave him a look. “Are you kidding me? I’m not a pedo, Johnny.”

Johnny rolled his eyes. “I have friends that are older than me noona, besides does it look like age matters?”

“I don’t swing that way. You know that.”

“What’s this? I can’t sense any dispute from you. Are you actually okay with this set-up? Thought you’d flip about this you know.”

“But I am. There’s already a war happening inside me, but I have to look calm on the outside. Eomma and appa might have a good reason for this union so I have to concur. They’ve been helping me a lot ever since.” Irene smiled but it didn’t reach her eyes and Johnny could sense it. She’s troubled but she couldn’t let others know about her true emotions because she doesn’t want to hurt her now parents so she’d rather endure all of this.

Johnny kissed her forehead. “Just be strong and protect your heart no matter what. Now sleep.”

Irene nodded as she squeezed his hand.

Thank you, Johnny Seo for always being there.

 

 

Moonbyul stepped inside her friend’s office, her eyebrows creasing and her lips pressed into a thin line. She went straight to the couch without minding Seulgi’s questioning gaze at her as she slumped to the seat.

Seulgi’s secretary was taken aback at the intruder but then noticed that it was just her boss’ friend who barged in the office like usual.

“Someone’s grumpy today. What happened to you, Byul?”

“I’m here to ask you to lunch, my girlfriend bailed out on me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter