059

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

She just got out from the metal lift to the lobby, ready to go home when she felt her phone rang inside her handbag. She slid her hand inside her Gucci bag to fish her mobile phone. She checked first the caller’s name before gliding her thumb on the screen.

Wrinkles formed on her forehead to see her cousin’s name.

 

Yunho oppa

 

"Hello, oh oppa?"

“Joo, you need to come here at the hospital,” were Yunho’s words before he ended the call. The frown that was sitting on Irene’s face deepened.

The loud screech of her tires was heard along the curb, just in front of the hospital’s entrance glass doors. After handling her car keys to the valet person, she rushed inside as worry started to pool inside her brain. She doesn’t know what happened. But Yunho’s shaky and anxious voice made her insides churn wretchedly.

Not aware of Seulgi’s condition.

Whatever the answer was, she had no idea. The only thing she knew right at this moment was to reach Seulgi’s room.

 

 

Everyone, who was anticipating outside Seulgi’s room for any news, grew tensed. They all have no idea about the occurrence from within that room. Fifteen minutes passed, yet the door was still shut close.

Joy drummed her fingers on her sides as she mumbled, “Where the hell is Joohyun?” She was about to get her phone when Yunho opened his mouth to speak, “I already called Joohyun. She’s on her way by now.”

Each of them had this battle within themselves with their personalized prayers – hoping that everything will be fine. The uneasiness was evident on their faces.

Wendy had her eyes closed while Joy was rubbing her arms continuously to comfort her. On the other side, Byul had her head hung low with her hands clasped together and Solar’s arm was wrapped around her girlfriend’s arm. Johnny was staring up the ceiling while Seohyun was glimpsing at the closed door of Seulgi’s room. And with Krystal waiting on the hallway as she prayed for it to vomit Joohyun immediately whereas for her unnie, she heard her whispering to herself, “Come on Joo. Where are you?”

The eldest Jung remained calm as he leaned on the white walls, hoping for Seulgi’s recovery and for Joohyun to arrive.

The long wait, like it’s been forever, was over upon hearing a click sound coming from the room. One by one, the nurses and doctor piled out the room. Behind them were Seulgi’s parents.

As the two elders approached them, they didn’t notice how they held their breaths, as they anticipate anxiously at the update on Seulgi’s health. With these unwavering focus, Joohyun’s breathless and flustered being as she arrived became unknown to everyone due to the nerve-wracking expectancy.

“A-auntie, what happened?” Byul asked in her unsteady voice. Mr. Kang gave them short glances until his eyes landed on the pair of eyes who were equally waiting for the answer to Byul’s query. The elder male provided a curt nod to her as a greeting as Joohyun acknowledged him with a polite bow.

That was the time they noticed Joohyun’s presence as they turned their gazed to where Mr. Kang was looking. They noticed the way Joohyun was slightly panting as if she ran a mile.

Unhurried, the shorter girl headed to her in-laws. She opened articulate some words but it came out into a crooked whisper, “Ma…pa, S-seulgi…how is she?”

Mrs. Kang’s hand instantly flew on Irene’s shoulder with a soft squeeze. “She’s looking for you.” The older woman smiled and urge her daughter-in-law to go inside. “Go.”

In contrast to Mr. Kang’s reaction as he looked away while trying to hide his troubled expression after he heard the first person Seulgi wanted to see.

“Hyun…where is Hyun?”

Joohyun didn’t waste time as she bolted inside to room to see her wife.

From the sides, everyone heard the good news. And it was time for them to breathe out a sigh of relief because Seulgi has woken up.

 

 

The half part of Seulgi’s bed was reclined for about twelve degrees while the patient was leaning on it as her head was directed outside, quietly, observing the leaves from the trees swaying after the wind’s blow,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter