072

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

072

 

“Seulgi…”

Seulgi stopped right there on her tracks and her thoughts were suddenly wiped away as she focused on Joohyun.

“I have something to tell you.”

The raven standing before her sounded so serious. In contrary to her soft, calming voice, Seulgi had her heart pounding due to the intense gaze that Irene has been giving her. It was so deep, that she almost got lost in her dark orbs.

The monolid woman held her breath, briefly. Composing herself, she tried to reorganize her thoughts as she attempted to recall the words she practiced days ago.

She bit the inside of her cheek in helps to stop herself from uttering uncanny words that could ruin everything.

Terrible.

She thought miserably.

“Kang Seulgi,” she heard once more but this time it was her full name. Forcibly, she tossed the apprehensive thoughts at the back of her mind to focus solely to her wife.

Wrinkles of worry appeared on Joohyun’s forehead. “Are you okay, Seul?”

The latter nodded convincingly, her lips curved into a small smile. She doesn’t want to worry the older woman now, would she?

“I’m fine. I….” She paused, before she continued. “I have something to tell you too. But you can go ahead first.”

“Let’s go somewhere private.”

The taller woman chuckled at how cute her wife looked right now. Is there a place more private than here?

She wondered. Yet she answered, “Sure.”

Irene extended her hand, ushering Seulgi for her to take. Without delay, the monolid woman slipped her hand on top of hers as she willingly let her dragged her to who knows where.

The moment they followed the trail of the trees surrounded by colorful lights that alight their way towards the place where their surprise proposal would take place, Seulgi’s mind buffered.

Her eyes caught a glimpse of a familiar place. From afar, the glass house filled with beautiful flowers. As they grew closer, she saw a distinct table for two people.

Arranged simply but with elegance, a white tablecloth covered the entire surface. Underneath the two square black plates was two red-laced placemats sitting across to each other with silver utensils on the sides. Moreover, two sets of glass for wine and water. In the middle of the covered furniture was a small, transparent pressure canning jars with a candle lit in it.

It was so striking in the eyes that it would be a waste to spoil it. Both women were mesmerized at the view. And they stared at it with awe for a moment.

Before they could enter, Seulgi halted, right then and there slightly taken aback. This was the one. The perfect place that Chaeyoung had shown her.

But why did her wife bring her here?

How can she propose to the love of her life when that person brought her here herself?

Is there supposed to be some mistake here?

She attempted to send a message to Chaeyoung but Joohyun was so adamant in taking her inside.

Oh god. Am I going to fail this ing proposal? I wanted to make this so special because I didn’t get to give her a proper one and now I’m about to commit failure once more.

She panicked so bad deep inside as she was trying to mask it with a smile still plastered in her face. Her palms began to sweat in the hands of her wife, not knowing how she should hide the anxiety building up to her stomach.

 

 

While Seulgi was busy on her own apprehensions, Irene has her own. She was rather appalled with the tension creeping up at the back of her neck. She wasn’t the type to initiate a confession not even a mere proposal. She was clueless with these romantic gestures because she was used to people doing the move on her.

So how could she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter