061

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It has been two months of stay in the hospital and Seulgi can finally go home.

This good news was supposed to make anyone happy because being discharged in a hospital meant that you’re in better condition.

But no.

Seulgi was distant.

She's not speaking to anyone unless they ask her something. Her short responses made the elders grew weary. It all happened after the night when her friend Byul told her that Joohyun disappeared.

Seulgi felt it. She has the urge to stop her wife from leaving that night. If only she insisted for her to stay. Maybe...just maybe she'll reconsider of staying. Staying with her. There's something odd with the way her wife talked to her. It was as if it's the last time she'd talk to Seulgi. It's like a good bye.

However Kang Seulgi has faith on Joohyun. The day after the older girl left, she waited for her. All day. From time to time, she'll become alert when she heard her door from opening. Moreover, every time, she turned out to be disappointed because it's not her. Not Kang Joohyun, her wife.

Her parents would visit her, bringing her fruits for her to munch on, Solar would check her up once the girl has time to spare. The Jung sisters would have a random visit unlike her friend Byul, who would pester her almost every day. There's even one time, although she's not sure, wherein she saw Wendy inside her room. She's just sitting on the couch, busy with her phone.

Another day passed, Joohyun was nowhere in sight.

Until it became a week.

Then a month.

She never saw her. She tried to ask the people who visited her but they were all tight-lipped about it. It was as if they're running away from the topic like a plague. Most of their responses were –

She's in the office.

She had a business trip.

She needs to fly California for work.

These alibis were very obvious and Seulgi knew they were lies. Irene would never forget her and just focus on work. She'll make time for her no matter what.

And every day, she grew suspicious. She stopped asking. She stopped talking.

The drastic changes were very evident and they knew why.

Until the night where Byul decided to stay longer than usual. Seulgi had to ask one more time. If it goes unanswered, she'll stop.

No more asking.

"Byul…" Seulgi called out with her soft, weak voice. The latter looked up with her tensed eyes.

She already knew what Seulgi is going to say.

Nonetheless, she replied a cautious, "Yes?"

"Tell me. Where is Joohyun? I know that you're all lying to my face...I want to know where she really is." Seulgi made sure that her intention to find the truth was strong and direct because she's tired of hearing the same excuses from them. She averted her gaze through the window, observing the city lights as she waited for her friend to reply.

Although, Byul was rather fidgety than usual because she knew that at some point she had to tell her friend. She has the right to know. And who the hell is she to stop Seulgi from knowing? This simple question was dragged on for so long, either them giving her pseudo-excuses or just brushing away the subject.

She contemplated for a bit until she let out a heavy air of surrender.

"I don't know." Byul answered truthfully. They don't know where she is.

There was a pregnant pause and Byul could feel the confused stare of her friend. She doesn't have the heart to look at her friend's miserable eyes.

"W-what do you mean you don't know?" Seulgi's eyebrows started to meet in the center. Byul bit her lower lip. Why does it have to be her to bring this terrible news to Seulgi? She mentally pulled her hair in anxiousness.

"We don't know. She...s-she just disappeared, Seul. I...I actually tried to trace if she left the country but I can't find any. We are currently looking out for her. That's why we couldn't answer your questions about your wife.

Do you have any idea where she might have gone? Perhaps, did she give you any clue from the last time you had conversation with her?"

Seulgi shook her head.

"I might have the gut feeling that she'll leave. But...I never thought…" The monolid girl kept on shaking her head. "I never thought she'd leave. I...I don't know anymore."

Seulgi's voice began to crack as she laid on her bed facing away from her friend. And this was Byul's cue to give the space that Seulgi needs.

Byulyi, honestly, wanted to comfort her friend but she thought that it would be best to leave her be.

I'm so sorry that you have to find out this way.

After Seulgi was certain that she was left alone, the tears she was trying so hard to keep earlier poured down.

What did she do wrong this time?

Was it because of her state that she left?

Is she blaming herself for what happened to her?

Is it about her being scared?

These questions began to bug her mind. And only Joohyun knew the answers to it.

She closed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter