048

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Joy was bathing with her panicked thoughts as she pranced inside her room. Biting on her nails restlessly, she waited for her friend. She was clueless on what should be done after receiving another call from Wendy.

 

“Wan! What was that all about? Your text? I don’t understand.” Joy bombarded her friend with questions immediately after she answered the call.

“Soo…I’m sorry. But right now, I have to go to my father. I~” She wasn’t able to finish her sentence after being cut off.

“What?! Are you insane? Do you really believe that man?” The taller girl who was sitting on her bed, jolted up, and exclaimed. Her tone in disbelief.

“Just take care of yourself, okay? I can’t find the right words of how sorry I am for hurting you but please trust me. I have to go. Bye.”

“Seungwan! Ya! Son Seungwan!”

But she couldn’t get a hold of her when she tried to dial her number right after the call was dropped on Wendy’s end. Joy attempted several times but the phone was already routed to her voicemail.

The model groaned in annoyance before she tossed her phone on the bed.

 

She was busy getting frustrated over Wendy’s decision to side with her bastard father. She couldn’t believe that she fell for it. And right now, she was eager to yell at her for being stupid.

Her thoughts pulled her from realism that she didn’t notice someone knocking on her door.

One knock.

Two knocks.

Three knocks.

Joy was still unresponsive. The door flung widely that stunned the tall girl. Irene threw a defiant stare towards the agitated girl.

“What’s the reason for your distracted mind for you to not hear my knock?” Irene chucked herself on the mattress while waiting for her friend’s reply. Joy sat on the chair across her bed.

“Well, it’s not my fault that you tap my door as if you don’t have hands.”

Irene balked. “I was basically banging your door consecutively only to see my friend in a trance. I don’t know why you called me but I’m here. What is it model agasshi?” Irene asked, Joy began to throw her hands around, in fright.

“Joo, Wendy gave me a call earlier. She said she’ll go to that atrocious man. I don’t think she’s thinking straight. What’s the use of apologizing when she’s so stupid to believe her father?” Joy roared, clearly disappointed with Wendy’s choices.

She was expressing her insight with such intensity but Joohyun was looking at her with dullness, she seemed unbothered.

She noticed Irene’s relaxed nature, she paused. “Ya! Did you hear me?”

“Yes, Sooyoung. I heard you, loud and clear.” Irene sighed.

“Then why are you so calm about it? You’re the one who helped us before. Can you…help Seungwan this time?”

“Actually, I am aware of it. It was reported to me earlier. I had my men follow her so she’ll be safe.” Irene confessed, Joy was stunned with her friend’s admission to her doings.

“I talked to my cousins the last time. There’ll be some security detail assigned to her, to Seulgi and to you. Although, I got yelled at by my wife.” She winced upon remembering Seulgi’s unyielding rejection of the idea because she felt like some highly chief of the country when she’s not.

“Y-you did what? I’m also included? Joo, I really appreciate your grand gesture to protect me but –”

“No buts. I can’t really risk it. You are knowledgeable of that man’s capabilities so I can’t let him hurt neither one of you. Please, it’ll help me sleep at night.” The girl sitting on the bed pleaded after explaining her side. Joy sighed in surrender.

No one could really rebel against Bae Joohyun.

“Fine, mafia princess. But, you know. I didn’t know.” Joy started, Irene grew amused as her lips curved into a grin. “What? Are you trying to compose a song?” She teased with Joy’s rhyming words.

“Hell no! Does that even relate to my modeling career? Anyhow, you didn’t mention that you’re a successor of the other side business o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter