017

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The bell chimed in, ringing softly within the coffee shop. Irene decided to drop by before going to the hotel. Although she was advised that she could just rest at home for the day since her cousin, Seohyun, insisted so she could have a break due to her upcoming wedding.

Still, the stubborn Joohyun wanted to report to work.

She stepped inside the shop with a phone in hand, while talking to someone.

“I know. I’ll see you later, Yong.” She ended the call and was about to order, she was in front of the cashier lady at the same time she was looking at the menu board, when a man approached her.

“Ahm…Irene-ssi. C-can I talk to you for a bit?” The male stuttered miserably as he fidgeted. Irene blinked and nodded.

“May I know who you are? I don’t mean to be rude but I don’t know you.” She revealed. Her tone was flat. She doesn’t know the guy but he shouldn’t be hitting on her, at least that was what she hoped for.

“I…I’m Han Joohyuk. I’m~”

He was cut off when someone talked. And at the same time, Irene felt an arm s around her waist that she spun around, her eyes widened.

“I’ve been waiting for you, love. Is he giving you a hard time?”

 

 

Seulgi sipped on her drink as her friend continued to nag at her.

“I don’t want to! I can’t be your best man slash maid of honor! I’m not your best friend aren’t I?” Byul pouted, but her friend ignored her aegyo advancement.

“Do you think I’ll have the guts to invite Wannie to my wedding? We’re already having problems because of it.” She sighed, doing a dismal hand signals. Byul just snorted.

“Seul…make sure that it’s only a plan to get the elders realize that you and Joohyun won’t work because you’re in love with someone else. You can’t fall for your ex again.” Not that you can control it, though. Byul warned, her back resting on the chair with her arms crossed against her chest.

“I’m long over her Byul. It’s been years. We’re just friends.” She murmured before looking away. Just then, the bells chimed in upon a customer’s arrival. Her eyes landed immediately to that person and her alertness had been hiked up.

Byul followed her gaze and smirked. Speaking of the angel.

Seulgi saw her talking to someone on the other end of the line. And then a male approached her, seeing the other man made her jaw clenched and her fist curled around her drink.

She doesn’t like it – the feeling of madness bursting within her. The familiar sensation that she couldn’t decipher was filling up her soul.

She sighed.

What the hell was happening to me? I don’t like the vibe that the guy was giving me.

Just like that, on impulse, her body seemed to have a mind of its own as it moved to where Irene and the guy were standing.

“Ahm…Irene-ssi. C-can I talk to you for a bit?” The male stuttered miserably as he fidgeted. Irene blinked and nodded.

“May I know who you are? I don’t mean to be rude but I don’t know you.” She revealed. Her tone was flat. She doesn’t know the guy but he shouldn’t be hitting on her, at least that was what she hoped for.

“I…I’m Han Joohyuk. I’m~”

He was cut off when someone talked. And at the same time, Irene felt an arm s around her waist that she spun around, her eyes widened.

“I’ve been waiting for you, love. Is he giving you a hard time?”

Seulgi smiled down at her which Irene equally mirrored the taller girl’s face.

Irene tensed at the close proximity of Seulgi. This short distance between them was new to her. Her heart stammered against her ribcage, her body welcomed the jumpy sensation within her.

“No. He just wants to talk to me about something. I’m sorry did you wait long for me?” Irene asked her voice was soft that just melted Seulgi into a puddle the same time her knees weakened.

Seulgi gave the guy before them a look that made the poor soul scurried away from them. Irene laughed, amused at how her fiancé could easily scare them.

Clueless, Seulgi raised an eyebrow at her, slightly demanding for the reason of her laugh.

Is there something funny? Why is she laughing? But her laugh is like a music to my ears.

“You frightened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter