056

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s triple update tonight, yay! You can start reading from chapter 54!

 

While rubbing his temples for his upcoming headache the he could sense from a mile, Yunho exhaled a heavy breath and sat down on his bed. He loosened his necktie while the conversation he had with Irene earlier played back in his mind.

 

 

"I...I hurt her oppa. Even before and I couldn't live with the guilt of hurting her once again. It seems like everytime I'm around, I'll be forever hunted with that painful eyes staring back at me. I can't." She closed her eyes for good long seconds before opening them to gaze up at the lonely night sky. And one thing caught his attention before he whipped his head to face her, almost making his head crack from the rapid turn.

"Ya! Did you just...ani…" Yunho paused as his grew wider. "Ya, tell me for how long? You seemed like to know more even before."

Joohyun looked at him sadly, her eyes filled with regret and pain.

"Before marriage...before you even flew here."

"You mean you knew who Kang Seulgi is?"

Joohyun chewed her inside cheek before nodding. "Yes, the Kang Seulgi whom I fell in love with since elementary days."

"But...h-how?"

"The first time I saw her again, I can feel that she's not just anyone. The way she glared at me, won't you be curious if you were in my place?" Irene chuckled but she continued as Yunho listened.

"Day by day, she proves to me that she's not a mundane from my past. Until I began to have dreams of her, dreams that seemed to be my memory of her. Then, I started calling her Seul or Seulgi bear in familiarity. It's like the taste of remembrance touched my tongue. It just flowed naturally in me,"

"She even brought me to our former alma matter. I know that school. I just couldn't remember her clearly. Until one day, it was like the recollection of everything I've shared with her was synced in my brain, as if there was a USB file transferred to my brain. I thought…I really believe that maybe feelings would fade you know? After years of not remembering her, after years of not knowing that there's a Kang Seulgi that existed in my life...I really thought that what I feel for her will remain in the past." Irene shook her head to shake her tears away but it just gushed out from her eyes and began to sob.

"Oppa, I tried. I tried to stop my feelings because I know that she moved on. But no, my stubborn heart tortured me everyday. I got so greedy knowing that Wendy is related to Joy while being in a relationship with Seulgi. I got so frustrated because I love her. I love her years ago, maybe it’s even stronger now than before. But, I can't. It's like fate is shouting at me right now. Fate wanted me to wake up from this delusion that we're meant to be together because we're not. I hid things from her, oppa. I left her. And I don't really deserve her." She bawled as her tears poured out nonstop. All the emotion she kept in for so long was spreading like a wildfire in her system.

Yunho couldn't do anything but to be there for her. He's hurting just by seeing her like this again. The love she had for the other girl consumed her.

He held her face up then he brushed her tears away and smiled at her. "Joo, what happened in the past should stay in the past. Don't think that way. Hmm?"

"But~" Yunho shushed her.

"Seulgi accepted the painful memory from the past and chose to be with you. She even risked her life for you, Joo. Don't be the same person to crush her heart again. Please, think about it. Don't leave. She needs you just as how much you need her." Yunho squeezed her shoulder as his cousin looked away.

 

 

He scratched his head in annoyance. He hoped that her fool of a cousin would change her mind. He was aware, although not exactly the way she feels, of the love Joohyun has for Seulgi. She's just overwhelmed with all the happenings.

Who could blame her anyway? It's not easy to have a battle with the man who killed your parents while trying to face your past lover, whom she still has feelings

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter