Jeju Island

One Sided Love?

Loco 

It's officially time, I think we're both ready for it. In a few days, I'm gonna propose to Hyejin. I've been think and re-thinking this over for weeks at this point. And it made me realize that I can't imagine a life without her.

All of our friends are crowded around in our apartment, I asked them all to come here and help me figure out a memorable way to propose. Hyejin was off doing a solo schedule, so we have a few hours to think while she's gone.

"Thanks for coming. You guys have been there for me and Hyejin since the beginning, and I'm happy you guys are apart of this too." I say.

"No problem, Hyukwoo." Woogie says.

"Yeah, no problem. But since you're serious about this, you better not break our maknae's heart." Byul says.

"You break her heart, we break you." Wheein says seriously.

"I would never, you guys know that." I say, kinda intimidated. Her unnies can be the scariest people sometimes.

Jay orders us some food and we begin talking about the reason why everyone was here. I want to make sure she remembers this day forever, I want it to be our happiest memory.

"Oh, I know! Invite her out to dinner and put the ring in her food or something!" Baekhyun shouts.

Everyone in the room groans and starts yelling things along the lines of "Lame!" or "That's too cliché!" or "You're really basic for saying that."

"Damn, it was just an idea..." Baekhyun says.

A few more ideas were tossed out amongst the group. But end the end we ultimately end up rejecting all of them. I knew this was going to be difficult, but I never imagined it being this complicated. 

"Wait!" Hyuna exclaims. We all focus our attention on her.

"Hyegi loves the beach right? You can take her to Jeju Island, and propose to her there!" She suggests.

"She does love the beach, you know how many selcas that girl has of her at the beach?" Wheein chuckles.

"We could join you guys and before you propose, we could all sing Don't for you guys, since that song is the reason why you two met in the first place." Woogie adds on.

I smile at their suggestions, this just might work!

"Wait, Hyukwoo. Did you already buy the ring?" Hoody asks.

"Yeah, I did yesterday actually. I'll be right back." 

I go into Hyejin and I's bedroom and grab the ring out of its hiding place. I walk back into the living room and open the case. It's a diamond ring with 'Maria' engraved in gold on the side. Everyone stands up and crowds around me, trying to get a peek.

"Yah, Taehyung move I can't see!" Wheein whines.

"It's not my fault you're short." He teases.

She pinches him, causing him to yelp in pain. She gives him a mischievous smile before squeezing in front of him to get a better look.

"That ring is beautiful!" Yongsun comments.

Everyone else nods in agreement as I close the case back. We all chat a bit more, trying to work out the details of the proposal. After a few minutes though, my phone rings. It was Hyejin.

"Hey babe." I say when I answer.

"Hey oppa, I'm on my way home." She says.

"Finally, I missed you."

"Same here, I'm literally exhausted. I can't wait to get home and sleep." She whines.

"Don't fall asleep while driving, Hyegi." I joke.

"Haha, I won't. I'll see you when I get there okay?"

"See you."

After we hang up the call, I look back at our friends. Now that Hyejin is on her way back, she can't see that they were all her or she'll get suspicious.

"Hyejin's on her way home." I announce.

"Already? Damn, I guess we'll see you later." Jay says.

They all grab their things and begin walking out of the door. Once they leave, I start arranging travel related stuff until I hear the front door unlock.

 

"Oppa, where are we going?" Hyejin asks.

"You have a 1 month off from work right? Let's go to Jeju, I know how much you love the beach and the food there." 

"Really?! Yes, let's go!" She says excitedly while hugging me.

I laugh at her cuteness before elaborating about the trip more. "Our friends are coming too, everyone could use a little break."

"We'll have some time alone, right?" 

"Of course babe." I say before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

With that, we leave the apartment. We went to Jeju Island by plane since it's an island off the coast of Korea. After getting off of the plane, Hyejin and I make our way to the hotel our friends and I had booked. I look at Hyejin and she was smiling brightly while looking around. Her happiness means the world to me.

After getting the room key, I hold her hand and we walk to our room. It was a large, spacious room with a balcony. A large bed was put right next the window that overlooked the beach.

When we finished getting settled in, it was still pretty early in the day, 2pm. So we all decided to meet up at a restaurant nearby. And before Hyejin woke up this morning, I called everyone to tell them that they can't spoil the surprise. But I know how some of them are, and by some of them I mean Jay and Gray. They can't keep a secret to save their lives...

When Hyejin and I arrive, we saw Hyuna and Hyojong already sitting down. Since there's so many of us, we had to get 2 separate booth seats. Hopefully Jay and Gray end up sitting at the opposite one so they literally have no way to mess things up.

"Unnie!" Hyejin exclaims when she sees Hyuna.

They hug each other and begin to chat. Hyojong got my attention and whispered "It's happening tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, 6pm when the sun starts to set." I whisper back.

"Okay, we need to go over the song too when you-know-who is asleep." 

"Sounds good."

After our quick chat I look up to see Wheein and Taehyung. We scoot over in our seats to make room for them. 

"Do we really have to wait for everyone else? I'm starving and the food here smells delicious." Wheein whines.

"Yes, babo we have to wait." Hyejin chuckles while giving her best friend a flick on the forehead.

Eventually, everyone else does arrive, both booths were filled with our friends. We ate, drank, and laughed together with no problems or mistakes. I have a really good feeling about tomorrow. I feel like everything is gonna work out as planned.

 

 

[A/N]
Hi everyone! Sadly, the next chapter will be the last😭 I will do my best to make it a good ending that lives up to your expectations!!