Tension

One Sided Love?

Baekhyun

Awkward. That's how I would describe my current situation. I'm on my first date with Taeyeon since we got back together. Don't get me wrong, I've been wanting this for a while and I'm enjoying myself a lot! She looks so beautiful today, and I'm glad that I can say that she's mine. Well, I can't really say it to anyone other than family and really close friends, but you get what I mean. You must be wondering "If everything's going great, why is it so awkward?" Because I'm on a double date. With Taeyeon, Hyejin and Hyukwoo. Yes. My current girlfriend, my ex-crush, and my ex-enemy. And I'm not the only one who thinks things are awkward. As I look around the table, everyone either looks kinda spaced out or uncomfortable.

"Umm..." I say, trying to find any way to clear up the thick silence.

Just then, the waitress comes. Thank God! She asks us what we would like to drink and we also ordered appetizers.

"I'll be back shortly with your orders!" she says as she begins walking away.

We all say thank you as the table falls under silence once again. Great. I try to think about different conversation starters in my head, but each scenario leads to an even more uncomfortable situation. I don't know why! All of us are comfortable with each other. Well, most of us. Hyejin and Taeyeon aren't close at all. And Hyukwoo and I are just now trying to become friends. You know what? Now I understand the tension in the air. Hyejin taps her long nails against the table as she sighs. I'm sitting across from her, Taeyeon is to my left, and Hyukwoo is next to Hyejin.

"Can we please talk about something, oppa? I'm bored." Hyejin says to me with a pout.

"Sure, Hyejin-ah. What are we gonna talk about though?" I chuckle.

"Umm.. How are Krystal and Kai handling the breakup?" she asks.

Hyukwoo and Taeyeon spring to life suddenly. Not many people know that they broke up. I told Hyejin last night while we were texting.

"They broke up?" Hyukwoo asks with wide eyes.

"Why? When?" Taeyeon adds.

"In the end, Jongin couldn't get over the fact that Krystal and I kissed last year. He broke things off with her a few weeks ago. Krystal hasn't been taking it so well, but Kai and Jennie seem to be getting closer these days..." I say.

"Jennie?! From BLACKPINK?" Hyejin asks.

"Jinjja? I've honestly never seen them talk to each other before." Hyukwoo says.

"Me and the members were shocked too. Xiumin hyung and I keep telling him to not take things too fast with her. Seeing how he just got out of a relationship." 

"So... you didn't think to tell us this earlier? When we were all bored out of our damn minds?" Taeyeon says, causing everyone to laugh a little.

The tension in the air slowly dies away as I elaborate more on the Jennie and Kai thing. 2019 has barely started and a lot of things have happened. Our drinks, appetizer, and eventually, our meal arrives. We continue talking without having to force conversation. For the most part. Hyejin and Taeyeon are still kinda distant. I hope that doesn't keep happening. Both of them are really important people to me, so I really want them to get along well. But I guess I can't force people to become friends. Hyukwoo calls me.

"Yah. Baekhyun-ah. Come here for a sec." 

"Huh? Oh. Okay, hyung." I say.

We both leave the table. Leaving Taeyeon and Hyejin alone.

Hwasa

Baekhyun and Hyukwoo leave the table and walk somewhere around a corner. I look over at Taeyeon who sips her drink, glances at me, then looks down at her phone. Well. This is going to be an awkward few minutes. I'm really trying to get along with Taeyeon unnie, but we're both really different people. I may look mature, but anyone that I'm close to and MooMoo's of course, know that I'm anything but mature. Taeyeon is 6 or 7 years older than me. She's been an idol for more than 11 years. She has so much experience and knowledge and maturity, I probably look like a kid to her. Maybe... she just doesn't like me? Aish! I need to stop thinking so much. If she didn't like me, she wouldn't have agreed to this whole double date thing. Well, friendships don't just happen in a few days. It will take time. I eat my food and scroll through Instagram, trying to entertain myself. They only left about 3 minutes ago, but it feels like 3 days! Where the hell could they have gone? Just as I was about to make some dumb excuse to leave, Hyukwoo and Baek come back.

"Hey! What are you guys up to?" Baekhyun asks as he sits back down.

"Nothing much." Taeyeon says with a sigh.

"Literally..." I mutter under my breath.

As Hyukwoo sits down, he whispers 'Jagiya. Are you okay?'. I nod and smile. He kisses my forhead and goes back to talking with Baekhyun. It's a little weird seeing them be so friendly when they hated each other for so long, but I'm glad that they're trying. A few minutes later, Baekhyun and Hyukwoo notice how Taeyeon and I are a little excluded.

"Hey! Um... you guys wanna go somewhere after this?" Baekhyun says.

I honestly don't, but I don't want to be the one who ruins the mood.

"Sure." I say.

"What about you Tae?" Baek asks Taeyeon unnie.

"Why not? Where would we go, though?" 

"Let's go skating!" Hyukwoo suggests.

"You really are a big child, aren't you?" Baek says with a laugh.

"That does sound fun," says Taeyeon, "And anything is better than sitting here and watching you and Hyukwoo talk about nonsense."

"You could've just talked to Hyejin." Baekhyun says.

Taeyeon pauses. What is that pause supposed to mean? I'm probably just overthinking. Eventually, she just ignores the whole comment. Awkwardness begins rising again, but Hyukwoo calls over the waitress to pay so we can leave before we all just decide to go home.

>_<

"Hyukwoo-yah! Help!" I call out.

I'm about 5 seconds away from falling on my and embarrassing myself because of these skates. I'm not as good at skating as I remembered. In my defense, it has been a while since I've even seen a pair of skates. Let alone use them. Hyukwoo rushes over and holds my hand.

"You really need practise, Hyejin." he says with a laugh.

"Yah! Don't you think I know that!" I say as I hit his arm.

"Don't hit the person that's keeping you on your feet right now!" he says as he rubs his arm with his free hand.

"I haven't fallen this entire time!"

"Do you want me to let go then?" he asks with a smirk.

"No!" I say as I tighten my grip on his hand.

He just smiles as we continue to skate around the rink.

"I'm kinda thirsty. You want something to drink?" Hyukwoo asks about 5 minutes later.

"Nah." I reply has I shake my head.

"Do you wanna come with me?"

"I kinda wanna keep skating. You did say that I need practise."

"True. Okay, well, I'll be back." he says as he lets go of my hand and leaves the rink to go to the concession stand. 

I concentrate completely on not falling. Now I kinda regret not going with Hyukwoo because if I fall now, no one is here to catch me. And I have to be careful how I fall. I'm still an idol. If I get hurt, I won't be able to perform. I look up to see Taeyeon and Baekhyun talking in a corner. Aww! They're so cute! I'm so happy for Baekhyun. I knew he still had feelings for her! He just didn't want to admit it. Just then, a fan comes up to me.

"H-Hyejin noona! I-I-I'm your fan.." he says nervously.

"Oh! Hi! What's your name?" I ask.

"My name is Oh Haneul." he replys.

"Nice to meet you! Would you like a picture?" 

He excitedly nods his head yes as he pulls out his phone. We take a picture and he hugs me afterwards. But, he doesn't let go when I loosen my grip. I get visibly uncomfortable as the hug continues. Just then, two hands basically snatch me away from Haneul. I look and it's Baekhyun and Hyukwoo. They both look pissed. At Haneul and at each other. Hanuel quickly bows and skates off before either of them could say a word. Even after he leaves, Baekhyun and Hyukwoo keep their grip on my wrists. They just stare at each other. Really?! I though we were past this! I roll my eyes and look to my right. I see Taeyeon unnie who looks equally as pissed off. Great. Just great.

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!

Happy New Year to everyone! 

SARANGHAE~!