Loco

One Sided Love?

Hwasa

“I just did the dumbest thing ever, Hyejin.” Baekhyun tells me.

He called me a few hours ago, sounding really stressed out. Even though he’s my best friend, I was torn between if I should go or not. Hyukwoo’s birthday is in two days and I’m still not finished with planning. He already told me what he wants, but there’s one wish I don’t think I can grant just yet…

And, Hyukwoo’s birthday is on Christmas. So not only do I have to plan a birthday party, I still have to buy a ton of presents for everyone else! Anyways, I agreed to meet up with Baekhyun in the end because he sounds like he really needs to talk. And I also need to ask him about the whole Taeyeon dating rumor thing. He wanted to meet at his favorite café once again, so I drove there as fast as I could.

“What did you do?” I ask.

He sighed and looked away.

“I asked Taeyeon out.” he mumbled.

“What? Speak clearer!”

“I asked Taeyeon out.” He says a little louder.

I smile widely and hop up from my chair. I hug him tightly as I squeal in excitement. I almost made his chair fall over!

“Omo! I’m so happy for you!” I exclaim.

“Hyejin…” Baek says.

“I thought you’d be obsessed with me forever!”

“Hyejin-ah…”

“I was worried that you’d be lonely for the rest of your life, but…”

“Hyejin! Calm down!”

I let go of him.

“Let me finish. I asked her out. But I didn’t mean to. The words just came out of my mouth.” he explains.

“So, you don’t like her?”

“Yes! I do like he, but I just don’t know if I’m ready yet.”

I sit back down in my seat and take a sip of my cappuccino.

“So, what did she do when you asked her out?” I ask.

“She said ‘What?’ and I panicked so I grabbed my ice cream cone and…” Baek begins.

“When did you get ice cream?” I interrupt.

“We went to go get ice cream earlier. Anyways, I put some on her face and she did it back to me. We were chasing each other around my house for like, 20 minutes. After that, the whole dating thing was forgotten about. Well, Taeyeon forgot about it. I didn’t.”

“Why the hell did you change the topic? It would have been so cute if you guys got back together!” I exclaim.

“You would understand if you knew the whole story.” Baekhyun says as he looks down.

“Whole story of what?”

“Why Taeyeon and I broke up.”

“Oh! I do know what happened.” I say, taking another sip of the cappuccino.

“What I told you isn’t true.”

“I know that too. Krystal told me everything. You guys broke up because you’re in love with me.” I say.

“Damn! Krystal and her big mouth!” Baek curses.

I chuckle at his reaction. Did he really think that I didn’t know? Haha!

“Listen, I didn’t want you to know because you always blame yourself for everything. It’s not your fault. It’s mine. We didn’t even know each other personally back then. You right. I am in love with you, but I’m really trying to get over it! I even…” Baek says.

“Baekhyun-ah! You don’t have to prove that you’re getting over me because it’s easy to tell that you are. The fact that you attempted to ask Taeyeon out shows that you’re really trying. I’m proud.” I tell him.

“Hey Hyejin. Has anyone ever told you that you’re the best?”

“Yes. All the time, actually.” I reply.

We both laugh as we stand up and hug.

“Now if we’re done here, I have to go shopping for Christmas gifts.” I say after we break the hug.

“You know what I want from you as a gift?” Baek asks.

“What?”

“A kiss.” He says, pointing to his lips.

I slap him. Hard. He puts his hand to his cheek.

“Ow! That ing hurts! It was just a joke.”

“I don’t like those types of jokes.” I say with a sweet smile.

“Is you hand made of metal?” he whines.

“Stop being a big baby!”

We finish our drinks and Beak complains about his cheek a little more before we leave the café. Now, it’s time to plan for Hyukwoo’s birthday. So far, I’ve arranged for his parents to come and visit him. They’re going to take him to a restaurant not far from here. Then a huge party at his place with all of our friends. Then lastly, some alone time for us. I’ve kept him out of his house for almost 2 weeks, so I could plan this. And believe me, there have been some close calls. After the party, we’re going to head back to my apartment and end the rest of the night there. On his birthday, Hoody and Wheein are gonna go to my place and decorate there when he leaves with his parents. When I get into my car, I sigh. I hope this works out.

CHRISTMAS/HYUKWOO’S BIRTHDAY

Loco

“Hyejin? Hyejin? Jagiya!? Where are you?” I yell.

I get out of bed and walk around the apartment. I check in every room, yet she’s nowhere to be found. I make my way back to the kitchen and find a plate of food with a note next to it.

“Annyeong baby! Merry Christmas and happy birthday Hyukwoo oppa! I made you some food, enjoy it! Also, your parents are coming to my place around 10:00 am. They’re gonna take you to a restaurant so they can spend some time with you. I’m doing some last-minute shopping, but I promise I’ll spend some time with you as soon as I can! <3 Hyejin.”

I smile. Even though I wanted her to be the first thing I saw when I woke up, I know she’s busy. She can’t be mine all of the time. And, I’m excited to spend some time with my family. I enjoy Hyejin’s food until the very last bite then start getting ready. I don’t know why, but I feel like today will be… interesting.

Hwasa

“Everyone! I just got a text from Hyukwoo. He’s with his parents. He’ll be occupied for at least 3 hours. Let’s set up!” I yell.

Everyone that was invited to the party gets to work. I look around and notice Byul and Hani being really touchy and close. I mean, they’re best friends, I guess. But Yongsun looks pissed and I’m pretty sure Byul notices. I go to Yong.

“Unnie. Gwaenchanha?” I ask.

“I’m okay. I guess. Why do you ask?” Yongsun says, trying to sound calm.

“Because if looks could kill, Byulyi and Hani would be dead by now.”

“Oh. That…”

“Did you and Byul break up?” I ask.

“No! Of course not! We’re just having an… argument.”

“Is this about what happened at her MAMA after party?” I ask.

Yongsun looks away.

“Someone’s jealous~!” I sing.

“I’m not!”

I look at her with a ‘stop lying’ face.

“Okay, fine. Maybe a little. But I miss Byul so much! I miss her greasiness and her hugs and her deep voice!” Yong exclaims.

“Just go talk to her. It’s not that hard, and I’m sure she feels the same way.”

“But Hyejin…”

“Unnie.” I say in a commanding tone.

“Ugh! I hate it when you act like the leader!” she says as she walks over to Byul and Hani.

“That’s my Yeba!” I yell.

She turns back around, giving me a death glare. I just laugh and start setting up. There’s streamers, balloons, colored lights, huge speakers, a mini karaoke machine, tables with tons of food, and another table with drink. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Then we pretty much cleared out the living room to make a mini dance floor/stage area. A few hours later, I get a call from Hyukwoo’s mom.

“Hello?”

“Sweetie, we’re bringing him to his house now. Is everything ready?” his mom asks.

“Yes, eomma-nim. We’re ready.” I reply.

“I’m so happy that my son found such a sweet girl! You really put a lot of time and effort into this. I can tell that you guys really love each other.”

“I really do love him a lot. I hope this day goes well for him. I say.

“I hope so too, sweetheart. Well, I wish you and my son the best of luck with your relationship! Merry Christmas, Hyejin!”

“Merry Christmas eomma-nim~!”

She hangs up the phone, and I grab a microphone that’s connected to one of the speakers.

“Hyukwoo’s on his way! I’m gonna change outfits. You all know what to do!” I announce.

Excited chatter erupts as everyone crouches behind anything they can. I’m going to be upstairs. As soon as Jay texts me, I’m going to walk down singing “You’re the Best.” I’m gonna make sure Hyukwoo never forgets this birthday!

Loco

My parents drop me off at my house without telling me anything. I’m confused as hell right now. I shrug my shoulders as they drive away. I get my key out of my pocket and open the door. It’s pitch black inside. All of a sudden, the lights switch on and almost everyone I know jumps out from somewhere and yells:

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY HYUKWOO-YAH!”

I stand there shocked, not knowing what to say or do. I can’t believe they would do this for me!

“W-what? When? H-how?” I stutter.

“The surprise isn’t over yet.” Hoody says with a smile.

She turns me to the stairway as the lights turn off. Then a huge spotlight hanging over the stairway turns on as “You’re the Best” begins playing. Hyejin appears at the top of the stairs. Ahn Hyejin. The most beautiful person to ever walk this earth. Her voice fills the house as she sings through the microphone. She’s wearing a whit, short, skin-tight dress that shows off her beautiful curves. Her tanned skin is practically glowing, and her dark hair is shining under the light.

“You’re about one span of a hand taller than me

Every morning I open my eyes to the sound of your voice

The two of us are completely compatible.” Hyejin sings.

Her eyes sparkle as she looks right at me. I smile widely.

“Hey you, guy with the pretty smile

You~! Ah~!

You’re a man that makes me go crazy

You steal looks with your body and face”

Her members go behind her once she makes it down the stairs and begin the choreography from where she’s singing. A few other guests who know the dance join in too. I can’t wipe the smile off of my face for the rest of the song. At the end, Hyejin comes up to me and sings the last few lines.

“Hey, Mr. Vague piano man. That’s you

You~! Ah~!

I’m confused because of you

Please someone stop me

Come on, you’re the best!”

Everyone cheers as she finishes the song. I hug her tightly, causing more cheers from everyone.

“Did you plan all of this, jagiya?” I ask.

She nods her head with a smile.

“Do you like it?” she asks.

I pull her in by her waist and kiss her.

“Does that answer your question?” I ask when I pull away.

She nods and hugs me once again. I’ve been waiting to see her all day and this was definitely worth the wait.

^_^

The party has been going on for a few hours now, and Hyejin and I have been glued to each other’s side the entire time. Baekhyun and Taeyeon walk up to us, hand in hand.

“Guess who’s officially together again?” Baekhyun announces.

Hyejin squeals in excitement and wraps her arms around Baekhyun and Taeyeon.

“I’m so happy for you guys!” she exclaims.

“I am too.” I say as Hyejin lets them go.

“That really means a lot coming from you, Hyukwoo.” Baekhyun says.

I give him a smile and he returns it.

“Aww! This is the second time you guys have talked to each other without cursing at each other! I’m so proud of you guys! Also, if you ever break Taeyeon unnies heart, I’m slapping you 5x harder than I did a few days ago.” Hyejin comments.

“Yes ma’am.” Baekhyun says, a little afraid.

We all laugh and talk for a few more minutes.

Since it’s my birthday and Hyejin is the host of this whole thing, we were frequently talked to throughout the event. Around 8:30 pm, people began leaving to go home to their families. Jay, Hoody, Gray, and Hyejin’s members stuck around to help clean up the place. Eventually, it was just Hyejin and I. We got into her car and drove back to her place after everything was taken care of at my house. When we walk in, I see rose petals scattered across the floor. A bottle of champagne and two champagne glasses sit in the middle of the table. Mamamoo’s “Words Don’t Come Easy” is playing from a radio. I look at Hyejin and she smile. Then, she points upwards to a mistletoe hanging above us.

“You’re so cheesy!” I say with a laugh.

“You know you love it.”

“Not as much as I love you~! I reply.

“Eww! Too cheesy!” she says.

“So, it’s okay for you to be cheesy but when I do it it’s cringey?” I ask.

“Yes. Now less talking, more kissing.”

“Don’t mind if I do.”

We kiss under the mistletoe like in one of those cringey dramas. For the rest of the night, we sit around drinking, singing, dancing, watching movies, kissing, and enjoying each other’s company. At around 1:00 am, we call it a day and go to Hyejin’s bed. I lay there and admire the best gift I could have ever received. Ahn Hyejin.

“Happy birthday, jagi.” she says in a sleepy voice.

I kiss her forehead.

“Thank you for making it the best one yet."

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!! 

Merry Christmas! And Happy Birthday to Hyukwoo!!

SARANGHAE~!!