The Han River

One Sided Love?

Loco

  "Let's go on that one! Wait, no. That one!" Hyejin points excitedly at various rides as we walk around, hand in hand.

She reminds me of a child right now and I can't help but smile.

  "Whatever you want, my love. This is all about you."

She stops walking, as if she's letting my words sink in. Then she turns to me and smiles. Ahh~ Her smile can light up the entire universe.

  "Thank you." She says as she looks me straight in the eyes.

I look at her with a confused expression. There's no need for her to thank me. I would

 

do this and so much more for her without her having to ask.

  "For what?"

  "For helping me take my mind off of things. This is the best possible way that I can think of to end this crappy day of mine."

She starts walking towards the ride that she wants to go on once again, and I follow her lead.

  "I can think of another way we can end the day..." I say as I raise my eyebrow and smirk.

She hits my arm as she blushes.

  "ert! What happened to my sweet and innocent Hyukwoo?" she jokes.

I put my arm around her as we continue walking through the park. We go on ride after ride, and Hyejin is having the time of her life. I'm having an amazing time too. Being here reminds me of when I was younger and would come here all of the time with my mom. I'm happy that I'm making new memories here with my future wife.

It got later and later in the evening until it was 9 pm. 

  "Oppa~ I'm getting tired~" she says, doing aegyo.

I can't help but smile from ear to ear. Hyejin doing aegyo is a rare sight. But when it does happen, it melts my heart completely. I motion for her to come closer. She wraps her arms around my waist as wrap my arm around hers. We hear the occaisonal camera flash and a few fans saying "Aww! So cute!" as we walk. We turn around a corner and see an unexpected couple. Wheein and Taehyung. They're sitting there chatting as if they were a regular couple you'd see on the street. No masks, no hats, no glasses. Hyejin and I look at each other.

  "What are they doing?" I ask her.

  "I have no idea! Our company and Big Hit aren't supposed to release a statement on their relationship until tomorrow. Are they trying to get caught? I could have sworn our CEO was going to deny it."

Before I could convince her otherwise, Hyejin rushed up to the couple. I follow behind her.

  "Oh. Hey, Hyejin! Hyukwoo!" Taehyung says cheefully as if nothing's wrong.

I can't say the same for Wheein though. She looks as if she was firecracker that was about to explode.

  "Whee-" Hyejin begins, completely ignoring Taehyung's greeting. 

  "Save it, Hyejin. I don't want to hear anything from you." Wheein says as she holds up a hand dissmissively.

  "We need to talk. I don't care if you want to or not." Hyejin says.

  "I said stop Hyejin." Wheein says calmly. She's completely avoiding all eye contact with Hyejin. I can already tell why. The moment the two of them make eye contact is when Wheein will break down.

  "No." Hyejin persists.

  "Ahn Hyejin. I-" 

Wheein was cut off by Hyejin grabbing her arm. She then grabs my hand and pulls me right along with her. She motions for Taehyung to come along and he stands up immeadiately. Almost as if he's afraid to resent.

  "Ahn Hyejin! Where the hell are you taking me?" Wheein cries as she tries to loosen Hyejin's grip.

  "The Han River."

. . .

Hwasa

I asked Hyukwoo and Taehyung to leave us alone for a minute. They comply and wonder somewhere away from Wheein and I. I look at Wheein, my eyes filled with sadness.

  "Wheein-ah." I start.

  "Like I said earlier. I have nothing to say to you." Wheein says as she continues staring out at the river.

  "Wheein. Don't be like this..."

  "How can I not? It's not fair, Hyejin. I went out tonight to reveal my relationship on my own terms. I wanted to forget about this drama and be happy. But you just had to drag me right back into it."

Her words were like a knife through my heart. How can she be happy knowing that we're separated? I can't believe a thought like that would even cross her mind.

  "Happy without me being in your life? Are you even hearing yourself?" I ask.

  "Yes. I can hear myself loud and clear."

  "I can't imagine you not being in my life Wheein. Do you realize how much I love you?" 

  "If you loved me as much as you say, you would have kept your mouth shut."

Tears of frustration fall from my eyes. The lump in my throat makes it hard for me to get words out. Does she not understand that it was a mistake? I would never try to hurt her on purpose. I can't imagine myself ever doing that.

  "I care about this friendship so much, Wheein. I care about you."

  "Maybe I don't."

My heart drops from my chest to the soles of my shoes.

  "Wheein... How could you..." 

She turns her face away from me. I feel as if I'm talking to a brick wall right now. There's no way this is Jung Wheein. The one person that I've depended on for so many years of my life. She's like family to me. She's more than family, actually. I don't even think there is a term to describe our relationship with each other. I turn her back around to face me and her eyes are overflowing with tears.

That's when I completely lost it.

I threw my arms around her and she did the same. We both cried our hearts out into each others shoulders. Neither of us care about how loud we are or the fact that we're making a scene while people are trying to enjoy the view. We continue embracing one another without loosening our grip. I could feel her trembling in my arms and that made me hold her tighter. 

A few minutes later, we both pull away. I don't think we could cry more even if we wanted too.

  "You know what's sad, Hyejin?"

I look up at her.

  "What?"

  "We can't even stay mad at each other for a full day." she says with a chuckle.

I reach over and wipe her tears as I laugh.

  "That's a good thing."

A comfortable silence falls between us as we stare at the river in front of us. A car would go by every now and then. We both have our hands on the rail of the bridge and Wheein places her hand on top of mine. I look at her with a warm smile.

  "I was so scared. Scared about losing you over my mistake." I say, breaking the silence.

  "If anything, this is my fault. I just didn't want to admit it. I know that you would never do anything like that on purpose. I just overreacted like you said earlier. But I'm glad that we're good now."

  "We always will be."

 

 

Make sure to comment and subscribe!!!

These last few chapters have been really slow and I apologize!! But I have a few surprises up my sleeve...

사랑해! <3