Their Final Goodbye

One Sided Love?

Baekhyun 

I'm nervous. Actually, nervous is a huge understatement. I'm dreading what's about to happen next. Lately, nothing seems to being going right for me. Things are just now clearing up for Hyejin and I, and now Taeyeon is calling me so we can "talk". Judging by her tone I can already tell what this talk will be about.

She chose for us to go to a cafe, my favorite cafe. I hesitate, standing at the door for a few moments. Then I realize that it was inevitable. It was bound to happen again sooner or later. With that, I push open the door.

The familiar smell of this place, coffee beans and cakes, calms my nerves a little bit. I look around the small place to see Taeyeon sitting not too far away. She was scrolling through her phone and biting on her coffee straw. It's little things like that, that make me remember why I fell for her back then in the first place. I made my over to the table and sat down across from her. She looks up at me with a sad smile.

   "Hey." She says simply.

   "Hi..."

Awkwardness soon fills the air between us, it was suffocatingly quiet at this table. I wanted to say something, anything. But no words really came to mind.

   "Baekhyun-ah... I guess you know why I called you here." Taeyeon says, breaking the silence.

   "Yeah."

There was a question burning in my mind, why would she choose to do this here? My safe space? My happiest place? The place that I've only ever showed two people, and that's her and Hyejin. But if I ask, I get the feeling that I wouldn't like the answer.

   "Baek, I can't keep doing this. I can't keep living with the fact that your heart isn't fully mine. I shouldn't have to share your love with someone else, a relationship is supposed to be about you and me. Just you and me."

   "Tae, you have to believe that I'm trying-"

   "No, you're not. You're not over her because you don't want to be over her. It's clear as day that you're in love with Hyejin. No matter how much she rejects you, no matter how many times she's pushed you away, no matter how many times you've distanced yourself on your own, even though she has a boyfriend, you're as in love with her as you were when we first broke up."

   "Taeyeon please-" I try to say.

   "I'm tired of competing for your affection. In all honesty, I can't compete with what you feel for her. It's okay, Baekhyun. I don't like it, but I understand. When you love someone it's hard to let go. Which is why it took me so long to be able to do this."

   "If you love me then don't let me go, Taeyeon. Please." I say earnestly. I'm not going to give up this easily.

   "Since I love you I have to let you go. And more importantly I love myself. This relationship isn't healthy, and... it's time to let go. For real this time. This is goodbye, Baekhyun."

I sit there, stunned. This is how it ends? I could barely say a word. Well, even if I did say anything I knew she wouldn't listen. There was nothing I could've said to convince her to stay.

   "I have to go. Just know that I do love you Byun Baekhyun. And I wish you the best in everything you do."

She stands up and grabs her things. Before walking away, she looks at me one last time. I can see tears forming in her eyes, so that was her cue to turn and leave. She's gone again. She walked out of my life... again.

I think about what she said. How she says she loved me and that she wished me the best. Then I realized that... I don't think I've ever said those words to her. I was so wrapped up with Hyejin, wanting to hear that phrase from her when my girlfriend was trying to get me to say them to her all along.

I could feel myself on the verge of tears as well. I look out of the cafe window to see her driving away.

   "I love you too, Kim Taeyeon." 

 

[A/N]
Hey, it's me again. Finally, am I right? I owe you guys an explanation for my silence for the past few months. I just really didn't have any motivation to write. It started to become more of a chore than just something that I enjoy doing in my free time. And another factor is that I really didn't have any free time. I'm so sorry that it literally took me months to start updating again. This fanfic is coming to a close soon, as you can tell by me wrapping everything up. I also apologize for this chapter being so short, but I kinda wanted this chapter to come to a quick abrupt end like BaekYeon's relationship. I have many more stories planned after this one ends so I won't be going anywhere. Thank you guys for your patience and understanding. Love all of you guys❤️