When Sojung is too quiet

Baby Gfriend

Eunha sat around the living room, covering as she yawned widely. Blinking tiredly, she watched as the children played, Yut, Ddin and Jiah were doing a puzzle with the help of Yerin, Sowon and Yuju were helping Yen and Eun take a bath. Feeling something lean against her side, Eunha looked over with her half lidded eyes.

"Sojung?"

Sojung sat quitely in Eunha's side, hugging a small blanket in her arms, her knees curled up to her chest as she leaned against Eunha. When Eunha scooted, she scooted closer, concerning the young adult. Moving her arm to side hug Sojung, Eunha cooed as Sojung moved to hug her arm warmly. Was she shivering? Sojung felt oddly warm.

"Sojung ah, are you feeling warm?"

"No."

Her timidly quiet voice made Eunha frown. Reaching her other hand over to touch Sojung's forehead, Eunha held still for a few seconds, it was warmer than herself, but sometimes children were a little hotter than usual due to activities.

"SinB yah!"

"Ne?"

SinB popped out of their shared room, she had been tasked to packing their bags, they were only going to stay at this beachfront hotel for one more night before returning to their dorm.

"Do we have a thermometer?"

"No, who's sick?"

"Come here, so I can compare you to Sojungie."

SinB went over, ignoring Eunha's hand, she touched her forehead to Sojung's who whined softly against SinB's hands holding her still.

"She's got a fever, it's not high enough to go to the hospital though."

"Sojungie are you feeling hot?"

"No."

Sojung shuffled in her seat, still sticking close to Eunha and her hands clutched in Eunha's sleeve.

"Are you cold?"

A short nod.

"Ouh you cutie, are you in any pain? A headache?"

Eunha moved Sojung to her lap, wrapping her arms around the child warmly as SinB handed Sojung back the blanket she was hugging. Sojung shook her head silently.

"Eunha unnie, I'll head out to get some medicine with Yewon, tell Sowon unnie for me."

"Arrasso, be careful."

Sojung lay against Eunha limply, her hand coming up to as if she was going to on her thumb, but decided against it, leaving her fist by her cheek on Eunha's chest.

"Are you still cold Sojung ah?"

Another shake of her head, Sojung hid her face in Eunha's chest, trying to avoid Eunha's concerned gaze. Sighing and rubbing Sojung's back, Eunha tried to make the  child as comfortable and warm as possible, even though she seemed to sweat.

"Too hot?"

Another shake of her head. Eunha pouted and puffed her cheeks, lifting Sojung up just enough to get the child to look at her.

"You have to tell me if you're uncomfortable."

Sojung nodded, her cheeks red from her fever.

"And you have to say something if you feel unwell."

A nod. Eunha shook her head at Sojung.

"No no, say something Sojung ah. Say yes Eunha unnie, I'll tell when I don't feel well. Come on."

"I...don't...want to."

Eunha sighed and nuzzled her cheek to the soft ones of Sojung's.

"You can't just stay quiet for everything Sojung ah."

"I don't want...to be a burden."

"You're never a burden, how do you even know what that word means?"

"Who said who's a burden?"

Sowon walked out of the bathroom, clothes half drenched and her hair sticking to her face. It appeared that Yen was giving her and Yuju a hard time bathing. A loud giggle sounded and Eunha could hear Yuju telling Eun to stay still and Yen to stop splashing. Spying Sojung on Eunha's lap, she strolled over.

"She's unwell?"

"Yea, a small fever, SinB and Umji went out to buy some medicine."

"Okay."

Sowon sat down beside Eunha and picked Sojung up, holding her like a baby, Sowon leaned Sojung's cheek to her neck and softly rubbed her back.

"At times like this, it's best to sleep it off a little."

Making some white noise for Sojung, Sowon hushed the puzzle making trio as well as the overexcited Yerin. Almost immediately, Sojung yawned and her hand went back up to , but this time,  she tucked her thumb in . Closing her eyes, she started to drift off.

Eunha nodded to Sowon when Sojung was completely out, her hand slipping from a little. Wiping it with a towel, Eunha then got another towel to place against Sojung's forehead to cool off her fever a little bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sojung woke up with a start, she blinked and rubbed her eyes as they adjusted to the lighting. Sowon was asleep under her, Eunha was asleep on Sowon's shoulder. Looking over at the source of light, Sojung saw SinB looking at her ipad with earbuds in. Catching the movement in the corner of her eye, SinB looked over, making eye contact. She paused whatever she was watching and walked over. Carefully pulling Sojung from Sowon's arms, SinB checked Sojung's temperature with the back of her hand before walking them back into the kitchen.

"Can you take a little bit of medicine?"

Sojung stared at the purple liquid that SinB carefully poured out.

"Yea."

"You should be protesting."

"why?"

"All children hate medicine, it tastes weird doesn't it?"

Sojung nodded dumbly.

"Why aren't you protesting then?"

"It's....good for me isn't it?"

"Weird kid."

SinB kissed Sojung's head softly before holding the small cup of medicine to her lips.

"Come on, bottoms up."

Sojung grimaced as the sticky liquid went down , giving a small whine as SinB told her to swallow every last bit of it. Drinking the warm water, Sojung went back to hugging SinB's neck, hiding her face in the crook.

"Do you promise to tell when you don't feel well?"

"..."

"Promise me Sojung ah."

"P-promise."

SinB smiled softly and patted Sojung's hair soothingly.

"Good girl."

================

softsoftsoftsoft