craziness at a rest stop pt 1

Baby Gfriend

Driving a car full of beagles was a nightmare, music was blaring out of their speakers and Sowon had the curtesy to close tehir windows to not bother anyone else during the traffic jam. Of course, she enjoyed listening to other groups music, the occasion play of their own songs, but at one point, the noise gets too much.

"May I turn the volume down?"

No one responded her, resulting in her own hand twisting the volume knob all teh way down.

"Unnie! Why did you turn it down?"

"Because it's beginning to give me a headache. Please tell me that this isn't how it's going to end up at our beach house stay."

Yerin just smiled from the passenger seat, handing Sowon an opened bottle of juice to drink.

"We're only four exits from the rest stop. If you want, I can drive us the rest of the way."

It wasn't that Sowon didn't trust Yerin, she just didn't trust Yerin's driving patience for this traffic jam.

"I appreciate the thought Yerin ah, but I think I can do it, let me do it. It's a sort of a personal challenge for myself."

"If you say so unnie."

Sowon was thankful that Yerin let her off, maybe it was because Yut was seated in Yerin's lap, looking out the window like it was the most intresting thing in the world.

"Unnie! What's that brand? It's got a horse!"

"A horse? That would be.... a ferrari? Why would there be a Ferrari in- oh my gosh that is a y Ferrari.” Distracted, Sowon looked out her rearview mirror, spotting the sleek red of the foreign bought car.

"Woah."

Just because she liked Maserati and had named it as the brand of her future car, didn't mean she could appreciate a nice red Ferrari.

"Hang on, what did you say Yerin?"

"That is a y Ferrari?"

"Language! You have a baby in your lap!"

She slapped Yerin's arm as punishment.

"Ah!"

"Omo! Ish Yewin unnie owie? Noo! Bad Sowon unnie! Bad!"

Yut patted Yerin's arm softly as Sowon watched in amusement.

"She was using an inappropriate word and so she must be punished."

"What does inappropriate mean?"

"You don't need to know yet."

Yerin lifted her sleeve and made a dramatic gasp.

"Oh no! My arm has turned red!"

"Aw shush! It's just your pale skin making it obvious!"

"Andwaeeeeeeee Yewin unnie nooooo don't dieeee!"

At this both unnieline burst into laughter.

"She's not going to die Yut, its just a little bit of red, it'll go away after a while."

"Really?"

"Really."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay girls go make your orders and give me your buzzers, I'll wait as you guys go to the bathroom."

It was odd that Eunha was volunteering to stay behind, alone. Yuju, not trusting their surrounds a bit because it was a slightly run down rest stop, stayed behind with her in the end.

Umji held hands with Ddin, who was making airplane noises as she flew her hand erratically through the air. Yut was on Yerin's back giggling with each step Yerin took as it jostled her about, Eun was hold Sowon's hand, Jiah on Sowon's other hand. SinB carried a sleeping Sojung, Yen just patiently walked behind SinB.

"Do you guys need help to use the bathroom?"

"I do, I can't reach the seat."

"Me too."

"Me three."

Sojung who finally woke up to SinB's calls just walked into her own stall, Yen followed after her, crawling under the door.

"Yah! Don't crawl on the floor! That's dirty!"

"But unnie, you closed the door on me!"

"That means you should wait until I open it!"

"But I gotta pee."

"Then go pee!"

"You have to help me Sojung unnie, remember?"

The adults chuckled as they listened to mini Sowon and mini Yerin argue in their stall. Yut went by herself and the others got help to get on the seat.

"Now, let's wash our hands and go back outside quickly so Yuju and Eunha can use the bathroom."

"Unnie, can you turn the water on for me please?"

Umji held back a squeal, Ddin was stood on her tippy toes, barely reaching under the faucet but not enough to turn it on. Helping her flip the tap, Umji then lifted Ddin up to wash her hands better.

"Thanks Umji unnie."

"No problem Ddin."

They dried their hands together at the air dryer, Ddin kept spluttering as she held her hands higher to the fan, the water droplets getting blown back to her own face.