you’ve worked hard today too

Baby Gfriend

Yerin watched over Sowon as she slept, she smiled as the soft sound of tiptoes enter the room and slow down even more dramatically as they went further in. Carefully keeping the breeze from her paper fan soothing and even on her leader, she held her giggles in when Yut finally came into view.

 

Whispering to catch her attention, Yerin had to hold her breath to not break into laughter when Yut peeked at Sowon’s sleeping face.

 

“Yut~ what are you doing?”

 

Yut just turned around and hushed Yerin by putting her finger to her lips. Kneeling at Sowon’s bedside, Yut admired the eldest in the house’s facial features. Tapping Sowon’s nose lightly, she grinned. Crawling slowly across the floor, Yut made her way to Yerin who easily picked her up off the floor, tucking her into her lap.

 

“Does Sowon unnie always sleep like that?”

“No, only when she’s super tired.”

 

The thing that was special about the way Sowon slept this time, was that she was laying on her front, her left arm hanging off the bed and her cheek squished into the mattress, she wasn’t using a pillow.

 

“Why is she tired? Did she play too much?”

 

Yerin giggled as she remembered what Sowon had done. Caring for each baby, for each of her members and then even taking care of their food and their sanitation.

 

“Definitely. You guys were having so much fun that Sowon unnie got super tired from it.”

 

Yut pouted worriedly, swinging her legs lightly, she patted Yerin’s arm when she decided something. Getting off of Yerin’s lap, Yut crawled across the floor in a somewhat army crawl to reduce the sound she made to cross to Sowon’s bedside from Yerin’s seat on a chair they pulled in from the kitchen. Since they had no electric fans, the girls had been using the handheld ones or paper fans, like the one Yerin was using on Sowon.

 

Watching as Yut carefully climbed into the bed besides Sowon, she shot the child a questioning look when Yut just smiled and tucked into Sowon’s side. Sowon shuffled a little at the contact, her arm naturally coming back up from hanging over the edge to hold Yut protectively, but also made small sounds in that Yerin interpreted as Yut’s extra body heat making Sowon sweat a little more. Fanning a little harder, Yerin ignored the soreness in her arm by switching hands. Sometimes, Sowon needed to be taken care of as well.

 

Meanwhile~ outside in the living room~~

 

Eunha was happily playing with Jiah, Jiah’s small hands fitting against hers made her hands look huge, even though her hands were the smallest against Sowon’s.

 

“Eunha unnie, do you think that I’ll grow as big as you one day?”

“Of course! If you wish it, it’ll come true!”

 

Jiah hummed as she continued to stare at their hands, pulling her hand away, she turned to little Sojung who was building something out of building blocks.

 

“Unnie what are you making?”

“The N Seoul tower.”

 

Eunha looked at the pile of blocks at multiple angles, not finding any representation of the famous tower.

 

“Sojung ah, what is the main point of your building?”

“This lock.”

 

She had for some reason, a block that had a lock drawn on in messy permanent marker ink. Looking over at the nearest ink stained hands, Eunha grabbed SinB’s hand.

 

“What did you do?”

“What do you mean what did I do? You make it seem like I did something bad.”

“You shouldn’t have drawn on the blocks in permanent marker!”

“It’s fine, you can rub it off with nail polish remover.”

 

Eunha sighed as SinB grabbed another block and started to draw a flower on it. Jiah watched them bicker curiously.

 

=============

Happy new years!