FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)

FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 107

 

 

Jiyong and his family were already seated on their seats inside the airplane. GD's mind has some unease feeling . He thinks about what YB told him. -Aw. He just acted like he doesn't care but in truth, he was really affected from it. And no, he listens!

Dami was beside her in the plane, together with Dae-Hyun. His mom and dad were sitting just at the back of their seats. Dami was taking care of her son.

Dae-Hyun's eyes were half closed already so she looked at his brother and said "Jiyong, I think Dae-Hyun wants to sleep, can you get our luggage up from there *points the carry-on luggage/hold luggage of the aircraft* then get his little pillow."

"From whose bag?", he replied.

"Yours."

"My bag?! How did you manage to put it inside my bag?" –LOL.

"Aish! Because your bag contains lesser belongings so I put Dae-Hyun's bag there before we go here at the airport." -It's true because Jiyong left the rest of his things on their apartment.

"Aishhh. Fine." He stands up and reaches for their luggage. He puts his bag down and said "Dae-Hyun's pillow, Dae-Hyun's pillow....." while searching for it. He sits then looks for it. He gets the pillow out and gives it to Dami. But as he pulled out the pillow, one of his belongings fell on the floor. It was also pulled out together with the pillow. He checked what was it and he noticed that it was his wallet, it was open when it fell. So something from his wallet also dropped on the floor. So he picked his wallet immediately because it has his money on it. He puts it inside his bag right away then he picks the other thing that fell. It looks like a piece of paper, so he knelt on the floor to search for it. It was under the seat of the one in his front. He gets it and sees that it was a photo of him together with Dara that they shot long time ago when they were still together. It was the picture in his wallet. -Awww! He still has their picture in his wallet even if they already broke up a year ago! He is still keeping it. Sweeeet!!

 

He sits back to his chair. Dami was now busy making Dae-Hyun sleep so she didn't become aware that GD was looking at a picture. He was shocked because he was not expecting it to fall from his wallet. He asked Dami, "Noona... did you... by any chance... did you get my wallet and do something to it before we leave too?"

Dami replied, "What? No. I have my own savings! Why would I open your wallet?"

"It's not because of my money. I know you have your own. But it's just--"

"What?"

"Nothing."

 

He thought "Weird. Why did it fall from my wallet? It was inside the pockets of it. How come it fell? It's unbelievable... It's completely tucked in, how come it was pulled out without anyone getting it?"

 

Then the flight attendant announced in front that the plane will be taking off after 15 minutes.

"Everyone, please fasten your seatbelts. We were about to take off in 15 minutes. Enjoy the flight!" She smiles then turned back. She assisted some of the passengers on board asking for something.

 

Jiyong, again, thought of what YB told him...

 

"You don't have reasons to go and forget about her. She loves you Jiyong! She really does! Believe me. I can feel that...... Jiyong-ah.......... you belong with her. You were meant to be with her."

 

The idea of it falling, finally sinks in to his mind. He thought "Could it be? Could it be telling me something? Shouldn't I really go? Should I stay? Does this speak for me? That I really am meant to be with her?"

 

 

Background Music: Whatever It Takes by Lifehouse

 

 

He stared at the photo. His memories with Dara suddenly played back to his mind at this moment and his heart beats fast again. He thought that it was a sign. He thought that everything that happened was a sign, the delayed flight, it was for him to think about it longer, YB's phone call, it was for him to stop from going, when Dara told him she loves him, it was for him to realize that it's not too late for the both of them to work out one more time, and lastly, their picture falling from his wallet, it was for him to decide whether he will escape the heartaches and start a new life even without his love ones or he will go back to his love ones, face his heartaches and live a better life.

 

The reaction from his face was too bizarre. He was still staring at their photo and he realized that they were once happy so they were meant to be happy until the end. What they had was the most wonderful moments in his life, so he can't bear to lose it with just a simple decision of going away. He looked around him. Everyone was ready for the take off but his heart was beating fast. He feels a different feeling, the feeling of being misplaced in a place. He thought that he was not supposed to be there.

 

Then he looked at his sister who looks very happy upon leaving so he felt guilty for thinking about the decision he has in mind. He thought that his family was all prepared and they all want to go with him so he tries to just brush it off in his mind and fastened his seatbelt, acting as if he's really geared up to go.

 

He thought “I hope she’ll have a good future with him… it tears me down and my heart breaks a little whenever I hear your name… I was too dumb before to realize that I should’ve given you all my hours when I have that chance… My pride, my ego, my needs and my selfish ways caused the good woman like you to walk out of my life. Now, I’ll never get to clean up the mess I made and now it hurts me every time I close my eyes. And though it hurts, I’d say that I was wrong and I know I was too late to apologize for my mistakes but I just want you to know… I hope he’ll treat you right when I wasn’t there to fulfill my shortcomings to you… and I hope he’ll do the things I should’ve done when I was still your man.” –Awww. =(

 

So then he flipped the photo he has in his hand to avoid seeing their faces and thinking about their past and to forget about the thought of her so he could still go to Boston with his family. But when he saw the flipped photo...

 

He saw that there was a handwritten note behind the photo. It was Dara's handwriting. He was very surprised. He didn't know that there was a note behind it. After all this time of having the photo in his wallet, he was not aware that she wrote something behind it. Maybe because he was too busy looking at their photo that he didn't recognize that there was more from the back of it.

 

He reads it and it says,

 

 "Whether we're meant to be or not, in the end, our final distance can only tell us where our hearts have been through. But no matter what happens...remember… I will still love you today, tomorrow and forever."

 

He was flabbergasted that he was not able to move for seconds. His heart beats even faster like he was nervous or something. He thought "Now I get it. I understand what these signs are all about...........no, this is not our final distance! This can't be!"

 

He unfastened his seatbelt hastily then checked the time through his watch in his wrist. Dami looked at him because she noticed something is going on with GD. She said "Why? Is there something wrong?"

GD stands up while holding the photo, he said "I can't go.... I can't go..... I have to leave."

And because he stood up, his mom and dad looked at him too. They were alerted.

His dad said "Where are you going GD? What's going on?"

GD stands in front of them. "I have to go. *grabs the luggage he gets lately that was not on his seat* I'm sorry."

His mom said "Why are you leaving?"

The passengers from the plane started looking at him too. He got their attention, also the stewardess'.

She said to him, "Sir, please go back to your seat and fasten your seatbelt. The plane will take off 5 minutes from now. You can't go."

GD said "I have to go to her. I can't leave her. Mom, Dad, noona... I hope you understand... I have to do this."

His mom understands who's the girl he's talking about. His mom said "But son..."

"I love her, mom." -Awww.

The stewardess talks again, "Sir, you can't leave. We were set to leave."

"I have paid for this flight. I can't see a reason for you to stop me for anything about my decision right now. I chose to leave. Now let me!"

"No sir, we have regulations to follow. Please take your seat."

"I have to go out of here!"

Dami said "Why do you have to go now? We can't leave without you."

"I'd love to be with you all, I swear. But I can't just leave everything behind. I'm so sorry. This is for the better! This is for my happiness. Please let me."

 

A moment of silence....

 

His father suddenly spoke, "Well.... you've served us enough and well my son, you made us happy for everything that you've given us. You gave the gratitude that you have for us so well. We're so proud of you...... especially now that you already know how to stand for your own decisions. You really are the son that we've raised. Thank you for bringing us happiness. Now go and find your own..."

GD was touched to what his father told him. His mom agreed to what her husband said.

Dami said "But.... he can't go." then she looked at the stewardess standing in front of GD. She was talking about the rules that the stewardess is talking about.

The stewardess said "It's true. We can't let any passengers out of the plane when it's already 5 minutes before the take off, because our flight is scheduled at an exact time and we have to follow that."

GD said "Then maybe I'll jump to get off this ing plane." -Wow! =)

"That is more violating! I'm sorry sir, but we're just following the management's rules. We can't let you out."

"Listen, I have to go right now! As in right now before my girl marries someone else! Because that would be the biggest regret I would ever have in my life! And I will blame you and your so-called-management forever! I'm telling you!!"

"I'm sorry sir, but you really can't." She tells with a worried face. She was also concerned to his situation but she has to follow rules.

"Where is your manager? I will talk to him. If he doesn't allow me still then let me talk to the pilot himself! I will do anything!! I just want this plane to stop from setting off the ground and let me go out and then you can all go! Just let me out!"

"But...."

"Please................ I have to go to her. Let me out." He tries to convince the stewardess by talking to her in a calm voice and wearing a pathetic expression. It's like he's going to kneel if they let him. He's very much willing to do anything now just to please them. -Aww. He's clearly fighting for her.

 

GD faced the passengers and said "I know everyone of us has gone through the toughest situation wherein we have to choose between two options. And even if we think that it's wrong... as long as you feel like it will keep you to the better side, it's worth the risk. No matter what the consequences are, we are ready for it, right? Because that's what we chose... We are all fighting for something... for our beliefs..... for someone... and we all have our personal reasons behind that. I'm sure that all of you have experienced this... so I'm sure that you know my feelings too! But if you haven't yet... I hope you'll learn from this. For every people who have been through a lot of pain, needs a time for resolution. And this time, is my time................................ *looks at the stewardess*... I have to go."

 

The passengers nodded to what he stated in front of them. They agreed, or maybe some of them already felt the same feeling before so they can relate so much to it. They're now all in favor of GD's side.

The stewardess can no longer talk back to what he just said. She wants to let him go but she's still bothered because she might get fired if she lets him do it.

 

GD looked at his family sitting at their seats in the corner. He said "I have to hold on. We have to hold on to each other above everything else............... I'll do whatever it takes. We have to start over.......... we can start over." -Now he had the same point of view as Dara's! Their hearts really are connected!

 

Abruptly, the stewardess speaks, "Okay. I'll do something about this! I'll talk to the staffs for them to open the door for you!" She was also panicking like GD. She was too carried away by his life story. LOL

GD turned his head to the stewardess. He was not expecting it. He smiled and said, "Thank you.... thank you! You just saved my life."

"Even though this thing is very rare for us to do... but for a passenger like you, okay, we'll do it."

"Thank you!!"

Dami shouted from her seat, "Jiyong-ah!"

GD said "Eh?"

"Good luck!! Call us sometimes, okay?!"

"Ne!" He smiled and looked at his mom and dad. They're staring at him and smiling with a proud face. TGD already knew what that means. They're letting him go so he hurriedly carried his luggage and went out of the passenger's section in the plane together with the stewardess who's assisting him. He is so thankful for the stewardess' decision.

It was just half a minute left before the plane takes off but luckily they were able to stop the pilot right away. The whole crew in the plane cooperated for GD's mission. He was able to go out of the plane successfully!

 

When he's already out of the plane, he immediately ran away from the airport, saying "Please don't marry him Dara. Hold on....... please hold on!" again and again in his mind. He rides a cab on the way to the specific church where Dara and TOP will get married. -Waaaa! GD doesn't know that she was actually in front of his house right now and not in the church.

 

But on his way to the church, the road condition got worse. There was a heavy traffic. He can't just go out and run his way to the church because it will be too far so he had no choice but to wait inside the cab.

It took him almost an hour and a half in the road.

He was too pissed because after that 'long time', he was still inside the cab and the traffic isn't doing any better. That's why he paid the driver and went out of it since he's quite near to the church... but still too far for a man who will be running his way to get there. It was 4 kilometers away from where he is right now but he thought that he cannot depend on the traffic and everything that is happening in his surroundings forever, he has to make a way.

He runs and runs... and after running 1 kilometer, he became a little bit tired. He checked his watch again, and saw that he was actually 2 hours late from the wedding. He began to lose hope. He stopped running.

Then he had an idea of calling Youngbae, just like what he(YB) told him to do so.

 

When he called, YB didn't answer. He thought "The ceremony might already have begun and Youngbae's busy right now. TOP and Dara are married right now...................... I wasn't able to catch up. Why does it have to be traffic?! Now I lost her..." He bows down and feels like crying.

He said "What to do.... What to do?!" with teary eyes.

 

Then he thought again, "But no.... I just can't stop here! This is only the beginning! I must keep going!!"

For that reason, he runs again even though it's tiring. He just thinks that he has to keep on going! -Aww.

He runs so fast that he was able to reach Seoul for about 45 minutes. He was too tired that he was running out of breath already. He checked the time again. He was almost 3 hours late. The wedding is normally over that time. He cried.

 

He began to think of going to a certain place that both of them know................... Han River. He was crying while he's on his way to that place. He thought that his life was totally messed up right now. He was walking like a man who just lost in a Korean lottery. He looks so wasted.

As he arrives at the place...

 

He looks around. He thought "....If she changes her mind......... this is the first place she would go." -Aww. So that's the reason why he went there. He's still hoping that they will end up together! That's right GD! Don't lose hope! Now it's to test if they really love each other because if they do, their hearts will speak as one. They should meet there!

 

He waited for her on their special place... He's thinking maybe she'll come back into the place that they had meet before(from Chapter 102 and 103). He was holding their photo in his hand. He was staring at it then he talked, "I'll still be waiting for you in this same corner of the street....... I won't be moving away from here. I'm not going to move." -Awww.

 

People are already looking at him because he's someone that anyone could easily become familiar with, because he's 'G-Dragon'. But he ignored them all. His intention of staying there was because of Dara and not because of them anyway so he didn't mind. People started gathering on the sides, watching him and talking about him. Again, he didn't care.

 

20 minutes later...

 

He's still waiting. Some people got tired so they already went away and left the place. But Jiyong didn't... he stayed for real. He told himself that he's not going away from that place until Dara is already there. -Aw. What a strong faith you got there, Jiyong. He sat on his luggage when he's already tired of standing. He changes positions but he's still not moving out of the same spot he's been to since lately. He wants nothing now but to see her.

 

 

On the other side...

 

At the church...

 

TOP is waiting for Dara to come together with the people inside the church. They are all impatient already because it has been 3 hours and a half and no confirmation about the bride yet. A lot of people already went home because they can't wait there any longer and they still got a lot of things to do from their schedules so they have to go. But YG family stayed at the church. TOP was hurt because of what happened. Their wedding day is ruined...

 

Taeyang felt so bad about it because he thinks he knows what's going on... He looks around and finds Bom whom he thinks he can find more information about what is really going on because Bom is Dara's tight friend. He called Bom. So he goes far from everyone, to an area where no one can hear their conversation.

 

Bom speaks from the other line, "Ne Youngbae?"

"Noona. Where are you? Where's Dara noona?"

"I'm still here at the make-up room. What happened to the wedding?"

"TOP hyung was so sad... it was ruined. Where is Dara noona?"

"Dara is in front of Jiyong's house right now... waiting for him to come back."

"What? Why does she need to wait there?"

"I don't understand either. She just told me that she was just following what happened to her dream."

"What dream is she talking about?"

"I have no idea."

"This is too complicated. What should I do now?"

"Did you have any news about Jiyong?"

"Ah yeah! Lately, he called me but I wasn't able to pick up because everything is too chaotic inside the church."

"Really?"

"Oh wait! He called!! Right! It means he changed his mind! I hope that means he went back!"

"Omo! I hope so!"

"I hope they'll meet!"

"Ne! Ah... Oh... Youngbae, I have an incoming call from the other line. I'll talk to you later!"

"Okay."

 

Bom disconnected the call. She answered the call from the other line, "Oh........................Dara?" -It was Dara!

 

But in the church, after YB ended the call, he turned back and he was so shocked that his whole body shook when he saw TOP standing in front of him. -Waaah!

 He said "Oh hyung!"

TOP said "Who did you just talk to?"

"Ah........ It was..... ah.... Bom noona."

"What do you mean by 'I hope they'll meet'? Do you have an idea about all of this? And you're not telling me?"

"No hyung... It was all misunderstandings. I didn't know about this too. I just knew it lately."

"Yes, and you still didn't tell me."

"I'm................. sorry."

"You know that Dara won't be coming, right?"

"Aniyo! This is not planned. It just happened lately! She was supposed to come. But something happened....ugh..... it's hard to explain. I'm really sorry." -Haha! Because YB kept too many secrets, it's hard to explain it all to anyone.

"Do you know where Dara is right now?"

"Uh.... that. I can't tell it."

"Youngbae! I need to know!! That's the only thing I'm asking from you! I just need to know where she is right now....... only that thing! Please tell me!!"

He can't tell it to TOP because GD and Dara's meeting will be busted and it will become more difficult. It was supposed to be a happy ending for Jiyong and Dara and if TOP came, it wouldn't be as much as expected. But because TOP is also YB's friend and TOP has a point and the very much right to know because he was Dara's groom, he told it to him.

He said "Dara noona is in front of Jiyong's house................... She's waiting for him there."

"............. That's it. That's all I want...........*stares at his eyes*..... Thank you." then he ran out of the church to go to Jiyong's house.

 

YB prayed in silence. He thought "Lord, guide them. Let them all be happy in the end. Please...." -Awww. He was a true friend.

 

After 30 minutes....

 

TOP arrived Jiyong's place. He saw a woman standing in front of his house. He stared at her face. The woman faced him with a sad face. He slowly walked his way towards her. He said with tears in his eyes,

 

"Why didn't you go? Why are you here?"

 

She smiled to him but with sorrow in her eyes.

 

"Were you waiting here for so long?" He began crying. He started to feel how he's been treated lately and what he has experienced. He feels so sorry about himself because he still asked her about it even if it hurts too much. Consequently, he broke down and cried his heart out.

 

The woman cried with him too. She said "I waited---"

-Awww. GD and her didn't meet? =(

 

 

-At the Han River-

 

 

GD was still waiting. -Aww. He started to feel like giving up because Dara is still not coming there. He's almost there for an hour. The people are just passing by him, probably because they thought that GD was just loitering there so they will gain nothing from him if they stayed there and looked at him. He looks serious anyway, like he doesn't want to be bothered by anyone, so that may also be one of the reasons why people are not going closer to him. They just ignored him too.

 

He was thinking, "Don't let me go......... Don't let me go Dara....." -Awww. =(

He began to worry about what will happen next in his life if Dara didn't really come today. It seemed like Dara and TOP already met. He had no idea about it. He doesn't know a single thing of what's happening.

For some reasons, he can't breathe well because his heart aches so much thinking that he was abandoned in the same place again. His plans and efforts didn't work out and that breaks his heart. He said "I was almost there! We were almost there!............."

 

They were too close from meeting each other but everything right now seemed overturned. He thought "Is this really our destiny?"

 

His tears are already flowing down from his eyes. He sighed. He gets his luggage and carried it with him and he starts to accept that it was meant to be like this, that even if it didn't work out between him and Dara, just the reason of him staying in Korea, serves a lot of his purposes here. Everything happens for a reason.... Everything has a purpose.

 

 He said "At least I've tried..........." and then he turned around to go away now.

 

But then his world stopped and he dropped his bag.

 

Dara was standing right in front of him. -Waaaah! =)

 

She was tearing up and she has her hands that are covering his mouth. She was also shocked to see him there too.

They were 4 meters away from each other.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter