FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)

FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 104

 

[A/N: Guys, I'm sorry to keep you waiting again for a very long time. I wasn't able to update sooner before because I got tons of school works and I just can't get rid of them no matter how hard I try to. Annoying? I know! lol. I hope you guys understand. For now, I've written a longer update as a payback. Thank you so much for patiently waiting. Enjoy reading! ^_^ I love you all.]

 

 

After they talked to the wedding coordinator, TOP said “Thank you for the time. We are looking forward to the success of this special event.”

The wedding coordinator said “I’ll make sure your wedding day will be fantastic, sir!”

“Yes, thank you. So… may you excuse us for a minute?”

“Okay sir. I’ll be leaving too. Goodbye.”

“Ne. Goodbye.”

He took Dara’s hand and pulls her to go somewhere near the comfort room of the restaurant. He watches the coordinator pack her papers/folders and waits for her to go out so she wouldn’t hear their conversation. When she’s already out…

 

TOP said to Dara, “Tell me, what’s wrong with you?”

Dara said “Why?”

“Don’t give me that question Dara, you know why! And I’m asking you to tell it to me.”

“Did I do something wrong?”

“Why aren’t you acting like yourself since lately? Is there anything you want to say to me?”

“I’m just tired yesterday. I’m just exhausted. I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to pay attention lately.”

“Oh, is that so? Why didn’t you tell me so we could’ve just at least moved this day to another day? I could’ve just told the wedding planner/coordinator to postpone the meeting for today and reschedule it to the day when you’re already fine.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I understand that you’re tired. What I mean is I am too. You know, I even called the coordinator to set it today even if I’m dead tired because I thought you’re ready enough. But you seemed not ready. From what I saw lately, I’m offended. This is our wedding. Why is it that I’m the only one participating? I don’t like what you’re doing Dara… honestly.”

“I’m really sorry. I promise. I won’t act like that again.”

“I got embarrassed lately…”

“I’m sorry.” She bows down.

TOP walks away and said “Let’s go.”

Dara watches him go. She thought TOP is going to leave her in the restaurant until she saw him stop just right in front of the place and looked back at her through the transparent glass of the restaurant. It means that he’s waiting for her to come over.

 

She takes a step and she thought “Why am I like this? Why am I doing this? I’ve disappointed someone again.”

She walks until she reached outside and meets TOP. TOP said “Sorry if I yelled at you… maybe a little bit… Let’s just have the meeting next time… when we’re both not tired.”
“Ne.”

TOP is just tired that’s why he was able to say those words to her. Then they walked together.

No one of them is talking. Dara is too afraid to talk.

 

When they’re already near to their end point before going to their respective houses, TOP said “Take a nap when you go home, okay? Then let’s just talk about it some other time.”

“Okay. Thank you.”

“Dara……”

Dara looks at him. TOP said “We’re okay, right?” while showing his innocent eyes.

Dara saw that look in his eyes that seems to be saying that he wasn’t really a bad person and he was just able to do it to her because he was tired.

Dara said “Don’t worry. We’re okay.” even though she feels like they’re actually not, at this moment.

She smiles to him and said “Bye…”

“See you next time.”

“Yes, bye.”

 

She walks away then TOP walks away too.

 

She thought while she’s walking, “I don’t know who I am right now anymore. Where is my old self? I feel so bad… I hurt someone…… I never wanted it to be TOP…. I never wanted it.”

 

She goes home alone and cried. Bom was only the one around their dorm that time so she’s the one who saw Dara crying. It has always been Park sisters! ^_^

 

She said “Dara! You came back here! And you’re…. crying? Are you crying again? Why?”

Dara is not talking. She just keeps on crying. Bom said “Are you going to cry there until later or you’re going to tell it to me? Come on… what now Dara?”

Dara isn’t talking yet.

“Aren’t you going to stop crying?”

Dara is crying in silence. Bom said “If you won’t say it, fine, I’ll just guess about it… is it about your family?”

Dara didn’t answer. She just keeps a straight face. Bom guessed again, “GD?”

Dara closes her eyes and inhales deeply. Bom said “It’s because of GD, right? You always cry when it comes to GD.”

“It’s not him…” She finally talked.

“Oh… then who?”

 

She didn’t answer again so Bom continued guessing, “Is it TOP?”

 

Then Dara remembers what happened last night and lately so she cried harder. Because of that, Bom confirmed that it’s because of TOP. Bom said “Did you fight?”

Dara nodded. She said “A little bit.” then she cried more.

Bom goes near her and wrapped her arms around her shoulders. She said “Tell me what’s going on Dara…”

Dara spoke her feelings coming from her heart. “Am I too bad for not being enough?”

“Huh? What is that supposed to mean?”

“I think I’m not good enough for TOP…… I feel guilty because of this……”

“Why?”

“Because I think I’m still in love with the same person from the past…”

“You still love GD?.......Then why are you marrying TOP?!”

“That’s my dilemma! I don’t know what to do! I want to love TOP with all my heart to prove that I deserve to be his bride! He loves me so much.”

“I thought you love TOP?”

“That’s what I thought to. I love him, really. But… I think I also love GD now.”

“You’re in love with two people? Oh Dara, that is not good.”

“I know! Lately… TOP scolded me.”

“Why?”

“We’re in the middle of a meeting with the wedding planner but then my mind was absent… he yelled at me.”

“And…?”

“He’s mad.”

“It’s normal! You should be participating in that kind of meeting. What happened? Why is your mind absent?”

Dara told her that GD went to their house to take care of her when she’s sick yesterday. She told every single detail to Bom. Now that Bom knew that the reason is GD. She said “GD is always mysterious, you know? He’ll come out at a sudden then he’ll suddenly sink in. He’s always that type of person ever since, right? I know you knew it from the start. He’s been like this from the beginning. You should be used to it.”

“I know! And there are always reasons behind his actions! That’s what I want to know.”

Dara is wiping her tears while saying those.

Bom said “What do you want to do now then?”

“I want to be a good fiancé to TOP.” –Awww.

 

Bom was speechless.

 

Dara said “I’ve never made him mad at me… until lately. I don’t like being scolded. I’m just so scared of people being hard on me and being so angry at me.”

“You got scared to TOP that’s why you’re crying?”

“Yes…” –Aww. =( Is she traumatized to it?

“Maybe TOP didn’t really mean it.”

“GD can’t even say rude words to me straightly! GD won’t do that to me.”

“Why are you comparing GD to TOP now?”

“….I…….. honestly don’t know… *cries again*…. I don’t know what’s happening to me.”

Bom stares at her and said,

 

“Dara…. Until when will you learn to be true to yourself?”

 

Dara looks at Bom after she said that and she saw her being so serious. She can’t almost answer her question. Bom’s question means only one thing and Dara understands what ‘that’ meaning is.

 

Bom said “Your day with TOP is getting nearer and nearer… it depends on you, Dara… it’s your choice.”

 

Dara thought “Bom was right. I have to do something. I have to be true to myself.” then she said “I got to talk to him…”

“For?”

“I want to say sorry that I sent him off to my house like that yesterday!”

“And then?”

“I don’t know what I will do next… I just want to be with him… even just for one more night.”

A tear fell down her left eye. She continued “Just one last night to spend with him… because I really want to see him often before my wedding… because……. I may never see his face again that frequently after it.” –Aww.

“Just do what you want, Dara. But I’m telling you… limit your actions… You’re already engaged. You can do anything you want but just think of what the people might think too. Don’t be too reckless.”

“I get it.”

“That’s good. Stop crying already! For your eyes’ sake! Give them a break!”

Dara said “Bommie-ah!!”

“Ye?”

She said with a strong-minded expression, “I’m going to meet him tonight!”

“Tonight?!”

“Yes! I want it tonight!”

“That soon?”

“Yes!”

“Just do it some other time, can you prepare for Han Byul and Dongwook’s wedding first? You still don’t have something to wear for their wedding!”

“But I also have my wedding! And I don’t want to delay this because when it’s already our turn(wedding), I can no longer do this! I want this, tonight!”

“Who-hoh-ohhh. That’s determination! Fine…. Then go meet Jiyong-ie~!”

Dara wipes her tears completely. She said “I have to fix myself for later… Thanks for helping me with this Bommie-ah!!”

“That’s okay. I’m always the one helping you. Should I still wonder?” –LOL!

“Thank you!”

“You’ll get over this stage Dara… It will be alright in the end… It will all be alright…”

Dara smiles to her and said “…. I hope so.”

 

After Dara cried to Bom, she felt a little bit better. She washes her face in the bathroom and wipes it. She goes inside her room and faces the mirror. She stares at herself and speaks, “Jiyong-ah, I’m sorry about yesterday… forgive me…. I want us to talk right now”, rehearsing everything she must say to him lately. She’s practicing very hard about the expressions to give him and the words to say to him later when she already faces him. Her hands are fidgeting as of this moment.

 

She breathes in and out to relax herself. She combs her hair, blows an air out from and slightly smiles. She said “I’m going to meet him… tonight… I will see him, tonight.”

 

While feeling so excited, she gets clothes from her closet and places it on her bed. She is very prepared for later. She waited for hours until it’s already dark outside.

 

 

At around 5:45 PM, she steps out from their apartment, receiving cheers from Bom. She goes outside with a bare face. She is wearing a very nice outfit but not too fashionable, just a simple skinny jeans, white shirt and a pair of sneakers. It’s basically GD & Dara’s style. She goes to GD’s apartment, wearing the biggest smile in her face.

She thought “I never felt so happy like this again! This feeling is nice!”

 

Her heart is fluttering. It’s like the feeling you feel when you’re going to meet someone special in your heart.

 

When she was on her way to GD’s apartment, she was thinking clearly about the things she should say in front of him, of what to act around him and everything else. She worries too much of what will happen tonight. She thought “Should I buy him something? Peace offering? What should I buy for him? He doesn’t like receiving gifts… he doesn’t like surprises too… What should I do then?”

 

She goes to an accessory store and remembers the things that GD likes. She thought “GD likes accessories but it wouldn’t be a peace offering if I gave him one… and I already gave him one before when he got mad at me… aside from a bracelet, I need other things to give him… a different thing… what does he like? He likes……… foods? Right! Foods! He loves foods! Euhaha!”

 

She goes out then heads to a restaurant. She orders a take out for GD. After it, she walks fast to Mapogu, a place where GD’s apartment is located.

It seems like she feels more excitement when it comes to seeing GD than seeing TOP.

 

Later on, Dara was already in the building, at the exact floor where GD’s apartment is… she takes a deep breath then she said “Oh, aigoo… this is the moment, what will I say to him? Waaa! Ahh, uhh, whatever comes to mind! Yes, that’s it!”

She pressed the doorbell and she didn’t get contented with a doorbell, she also knocked. LOL! She badly wants to see him eh? Haha!

Then she pressed the doorbell again…

 

After 5 seconds, the door opened.

 

GD appeared in front of her. She smiled immediately. freezes again.

She feels awkward. She doesn’t know what to say. Within the silence between them two, GD initiated to talk, “Why are you here?”

“Oh, I just want to say sorry about yesterday…”

“Ah… What about it?”

GD is enigmatically serious right now. You can judge it with the way he talks. It made Dara more nervous and blank of things to say to him.

Dara stutters as a result. “I---I—didn’t mean what I did. I’m sorry for sending you off that way.”

“It’s okay…”

“Hmmm…. I’m really sorry….”

GD just stares at her. Dara is endeavoring to quell her nerves with his stare. She thinks of a lot of ways to escape from the uneasy feeling. So she ends up giving him the ordered foods that she brought with her.

She said “Here! I bought this for you! You want some?”

Jiyong’s face looks like he’s resisting himself to chuckle or laugh. He smiled a bit to Dara’s randomness. He said “What is that for?”

“Peace offering! Hehe~”

“A peace offering huh?”

“Yes, because we’re not okay yesterday. I just want to say sorry.”

“Oh, okay, thanks.” He gets it from her. “What kind of food is this?”

“A randomly picked food…”

“Why is it randomly picked? A peace offering shouldn’t be randomly picked, you know that.” He’s being choosy over foods? LOL!

“But it’s already in your hands.” –Hahaha! She means, ‘Why are you still complaining about it? You already accepted it!’

GD finally smiled. He gazes innocently at her. He asked, “Why is it random anyway?”

“Because I know you eat anything.”

GD didn’t say more because Dara got it exactly right. Dara really knows him very well! Haha! GD said “Hmm… not bad? *smirks*… Thanks for this!”

“And ah… by the way, Jiyong-ie~”

“Ye?”

“Can I borrow you just for one night? I want us to talk…”

“About what?”

“Answer me first. Can you lend me your time for the whole night?”

“How could I answer? What’s with the whole night?”

“I just wanted to know if you can come with me or not. Just tell me if you can’t… because if you can’t, I’ll go now.”

“I… don’t have work today.”

“Then… are you willing to be with me this night?”

He looks at her eyes, trying to analyze what she got within her. He feels like Dara really needs him tonight. Though he struggles to answer her question, he still said yes in the end.

He just can’t reject Dara, simply because it’s ‘Dara’.

 

Dara said “Thank you!!”

GD unpredictably walks out of his apartment, closed its door and stood in front of Dara. He really is coming with her! =)

 

GD said “What do you need with me?”

“I just want to spend my last night with you…”

“Last night with me?”

“You know about this.”

 

No one talks…

 

 

He felt sad but he didn’t let it show. Instead, he acted like he doesn’t care through his gentle wheedling.

He said “So… you want me with you…… for the whole night?”

“Yes…”

“Uhh…… sorry but…” He enters his apartment again then closed the door.

Dara felt too mortified because GD just neglects her and he even shut the door in front of her. Aw. But that’s what she thought.

 

She turned around and she was about to move out from his place already. She thought “Ouch…” –Awww.

Until, GD opened the door again… Dara looks back and stops immediately. His face lights up with his radiant smile....

Dara feels unbearably awkward. She takes the moment to admire his handsome face when he smiles.

Yet, she frowns at him, at a loss of what to say.

GD said “Alright, I’m ready.”

“What did you do?”

“I fixed myself a little bit. Hehe. Let’s go.”

Dara promised herself right at that moment not to laugh at what he said so she really didn’t. She wants him to take this night seriously with her because it’s a serious matter.

 

GD comes with Dara. As they walk out of the building, GD keeps quiet.

 

Along their way…

 

Dara said “I don’t know actually where we should go right now.”

GD saw her pleasing eyes like she really wants to be with him, the only problem is they don’t have a place to go to now. So he initiates and said “…This could be the end of everything so why don’t we just go anywhere?”

“???........”

“Let’s talk about it all and go to somewhere only we know…” –Aww.

Dara looked at him and she saw that he was serious about it. He continued, “Let’s keep our memories alive… tonight.”

“I’d love to do that. Where do we start?”

“Let’s go to the places where we had special moments… Let’s go to the place where I surprised you after my concert… That’s the closest to this place… let’s go.”  (from Chapter 53)

“Okay.”

 

They walked across an empty land. They knew the pathway like the lines in their palms. She felt the earth beneath her feet while she’s walking with him. She thought “I feel something different when I’m with him… like fireworks are exploding in my heart……… I can only feel this with him… Is this the place that I’ve been dreaming of? Me and him… together?” –Aww.

 

 

Background Music: Somewhere Only We Know by Keane (You can play it in repeat.)

 

 

Later on, they have reached the quiet grassland. It looks empty now.

GD smiles unconsciously. Dara said “Why?”

“I remember the time when I surprised you here… you were so scared that I was going to leave you that time when I let you close your eyes.”

“Ah-hehehe! You’re right. I really have no idea you did that for me.”

“In this field… we run and chase each other because of the bubble you pop near my eyes.”

“Ohhh. You remember the details.”

“Of course… Those are my firsts… how could I forget it?”

“Firsts?”

“I was only able to do things like that with you… because I was a dork like you do.”

Dara laughs. GD said “Then we sat under that tree. *points the tree* and I told you, you were more than special for me…”

She looks at his eyes. “Ah~ Jiyong~ You still remember.”

Jiyong just flashes a smile. Dara was so touched. She stares at the place once again and she feels so sad. The flashbacks set in her mind, everything that they did in that place and that night.

He keeps on talking, “In this place, we had our first kiss, right? On your forehead…” He smiled to her.

Dara said “Yes! In this place, you made me fall in love with you more!”

“Haha! Here is where I gave you our rings.”

“Yes… our couple rings.”

“Hmm… *looks around then looks at her* I think we should keep going. We had a lot of places to go back to…”

“We’re moving out from here already?”

“We’ll just take a peak in each of the places we got into before. There are a lot Dara… Everywhere here in Seoul is memorable… you know that.”

“Yeah. Okay. Let’s go now.”

 

They go to each special place that’s near their location now. They go to the restaurant where GD planned another surprise event for Dara next. (From Chapter 62)

 

They stand in front of it. They didn’t dare to enter because there are a lot of people inside. They might see them. Dara said “This sends a bitter memory inside my mind thought… but I’d like to go back to that day… back to the day when we’re still not far away from each other like this… when there’s no broken commitment yet… I want to go back.”

“I feel the same way. This is the place where I prepared a mini concert for you, right?”

“Yes! You were so romantic!”

“Hehe. I am?”

“Yes! You even let me dress nice that night!”

“You were glowing that night… that’s the only thing I remember so far…” –Aww. =)

 

Dara said “I’ll miss this place too. I will eat here sometimes. Let’s proceed to other places we went to.”

“Okay!”

 

They walked to the streets and they stopped again.

 

GD said “This place! Do you remember this? *smiles*”

“Yes! This is the place where we ate dukboki together after riding all the rides in the amusement park!” (From Chapter 60)

“Right! Why don’t we reenact it by eating this food that you gave me, right now?”

“Oh… here too? At the same place?”

“Ye. That’s why it’s ‘reenactment’! We have to be on the same setting. Haha!”

“Oh, okay! You got me there again. Aigoo~~”

GD laughs then excitedly opens the packaging of the food and said “Uhwaaa~ I love this! Eat it with me!”

“You’re really hyper when it comes to foods uh?”

“Hahaha! Not so… but really, let’s eat! It’s dinner time!”

“No, it’s for you. I’ll just eat later.”

“Dara… you know that I don’t like it when you don’t eat, remember?”

 

Then her memories of Jiyong telling her to eat and never to skip a meal came back to her mind especially the times when Jiyong said that he won’t be eating when she’s not yet eating so that they’ll die together in case Dara starves herself. That might be the sweetest thing a guy would sacrifice for a girl.

 

She replied “Oh yes… Okay, I’ll eat now! Just be sure you’ll eat more!”

“No, you should eat more.”

“But that’s yours.”

“I don’t care. Just eat more!” –Aww. =) It’s like saying, “I don’t care about my health. Just take care of yours first!”

 

For that reason, Dara follows what GD said. They ate together at the same place like before. Their faces are smiling while they’re eating. They have their joy in their hearts when they’re together and it could obviously be seen. The way they act around each other shows how long they’ve known each other and how deep their relationship had gone before.

 

After eating, they proceed to a playground. (From Chapter 42)

 

Dara said “Waaaah~ This is where I gave you our bracelet as an apology… because you got mad at me that time.”

GD just chuckles. Dara sighed and said “You’re really hard to convince.”

“Did I act like that? I thought I forgave you easily after you bought me a bracelet.”

“Really?”

“I can’t get mad at you for so long…”

“Ohh…”

 

GD looks gloomy after. His eyes were looking so blue while staring at the place. He shows a faint smile.

Dara asked him. “What’s the matter, Jiyong?”

“Eh?”

“Why did you become quiet?”

“Me? Nothing… I’m just regretful of everything.”

“Everything?”

“No. I won’t regret the undesirable times, of course.”

“Then… what do you mean?”

“…….If I would have a chance to go back to our past… I would fix everything. I would make the wrong things, right and the complicated things to straight ones. I will do better for us.” –Aww. =(

Dara feels sadder because it makes the thought that they’re long time gone and they could never go back together.

She replied, “Looking back may really hurt… but we have to be here, living in the present… and looking for our happiness.”

“We have the same desires.”

“Ye…”

 

The next destination after the playground was in Jeongdongjin beach. (From Chapter 60)

 

It was already 8:20 PM when they arrived there.

Dara said “Wow… I’ve never seen this sea in the night time.”

“Really?” He’s smiling while he was looking at the sea. “We stayed here and I carried you to the both ends of the shore…”

“We also watched the sunset.”

GD looked at her and smiled. He said “Let’s do it again?” He knelt down the sand as a sign that he wants her to ride his back.

Dara said “Again?”

“Yes! This is our last chance to do it. Ride my back now! Palli!”

Dara looks like she was carried away to GD’s happy mood. She was smiling too as she rides his back.

GD stands up and he walked while carrying Dara on his back.

He said “This is exactly what it felt like before… I can unmistakably remember… it is this kind of feeling.”

“Why? I’m heavy?”

“Yes! Hahaha.”

Dara laughs too. GD said “I’m kidding. No, but I like it. This is the exact path we’re walking through before, right?”

Dara said “Yes!”

“I hope that you’ll go back here again… even if with another’s footsteps… just go back. It’s like a compliment for me if you do.”

“Why?”

“Because I can finally accept by myself that even if I messed up before… I did something right for you.” –Aww. =( It means that even if he wasn’t able to fulfill everything and he hurt her before, he still did something right, because Dara found someone better after.

Dara thought “This will never happen again… Why do I feel extremely sad? Our memories are attacking me right now! I don’t know how to recover! His back that I’m embracing now… this could be the last time that I will be able to touch him… This man carrying me right now… will be gone forever in my life… as I give my hand to someone else. I still feel sad…… My heart is aching right now. It’s so hard throwing all away the memories of our past within 3 years in just one night… I never thought it would be this hard… I never thought.”

 

Her heart feels so heavy and then after few seconds, her pain came out from her eyes. She cried.

 

GD noticed that while he’s walking, Dara became mute.

He said “Dara?” then he looks at her. He saw her face so close to his. He saw her crying.

 

“Ohh! Dara… Why are you crying?”

Dara was not responding. She was crying like a baby. She’s silently.

GD said “Dara?? Tell me… What’s the reason? Why are you crying?”

Dara sniffs and said “We’ll never be doing this again. I’m just feeling sad to know that this is the end.” She clings to him tighter.

GD was touched. He smiled and said “I feel sad too… but Dara… you don’t have to cry for the last time with me… I can’t remember a time that you cried in this place.” He thought Dara is just reenacting. Haha! But yes, GD was just making it as a joke but he really knows what she means. He just doesn’t want that kind of atmosphere because he is feeble when it comes to seeing her cry.

Dara said “I’m not talking about that. Ainngg~”

GD titters. He said “We have to go with it… no matter how much it hurts or what… because maybe this is what our lives were supposed to be.”

“Ughhhhh…huk…euaaahhhh~” She cries more.

GD said “Stop crying there. Don’t make my shirt wet, really!”

Dara laughs. “Aigoo! You still think of your shirt! Aish. You never changed.” –LOL!

GD makes Dara laugh again. He always does that when she’s sad or crying to make her stop instantly.

 

They spent 1 hour in the beach, laughing and amusing each other. They are having a good time. But they have to move on to another place because it’s already 9:30 PM.

 

They walked to the streets again and they’ve been thinking of another special place they went to that’s near them.

 

But GD said “The night is getting deeper. I don’t think we can go to each of our special places because they’re too many… Let’s just go for another one then let’s go home. Is that okay?”

“Yes!”

“Look at you, you’re not afraid of the dark already! It’s dark here.”

“Haha. I’m still scared. I’m just trying to hide it.”

GD smiles and said “I remembered you before… you were even hugging me and holding my arms too tight when you’re scared and you can’t walk alone in the dark. Haha!”

“Uh… reminiscing the past is very meaningful but I think we have to skip to that part.”

GD laughs hard. He said “Why? You only realized now that you’re not acting like your age that time?”

“Aniyo! Aish! You’re back to insulting me again!”

“Like the old times eh?”

“Oh come onnn~!”

“Hahaha! Fine, fine. I’ll stop. Let’s go to the park near the river. I really love that place. It’s relaxing.”

“I’m afraid to go to that place.”

“Why?” He was assuming that she would say a joke.

“… because………. We saved a lot of memories in that place.”

GD’s smile fades. He said “Oh……”

GD didn’t talk after.

 

 

Dara said “But let’s go there anyway, for this night! For this final hour!”

“Yeah.”

 

At the park…

 

When they’re already in the place, the ambiance changes and their moods have been calmed. It’s maybe because of the fact that this place is already their last destination before separating ways and going home. It’s almost like the feeling you feel when you’re watching a very beautiful movie and you know that it is about to end already. That feeling is exactly what they feel right now.

This place was far removed from the normal places. It has an unusual impact for them… also because it’s near the Han River wherein a lot of their ‘most special moments’ happened… This is where they first slept together, a lot of things happened in this place, like GD’s confession, their first kiss, GD’s proposal and the first time of meeting each other again after a year. This place has kept enough treasures.

 

Dara said “It’s been a long time since we got here eh?”

“Ye…”

She became careful with her words and she tries not to let it go truthfully, “I miss this place… I’ll probably miss this place.”

“Probably?”

“Yes.”

“I am for sure I will.” –Aww.

Dara became shy to what she said after GD told his opinion about the place. Dara said “Ohh…”

“Once you’re married to TOP… will you come back to this place?”

“Why are you asking?”

“I just want to know if you could possibly go back to our past sometimes.”

“Why?”

“Because I can’t easily forget about it all…… I was just thinking if I could see you again, even… once in a week, once in a month… or even twice a year… I just want to see you again.” –Awww. =(

Dara felt so wretched after he said it honestly in front of her. He continued “Isn’t it unfair? You’re there being happy with your man and here I am, still trapped in the places we went together in the past and wasn’t able to move forward? ………….Hehe… I was just kidding. I am very happy that you already found the man of your life.”

“…Thank you. I think I’ll be going back here… if that’s what you want.”

“I’m not holding you against your will… It depends on you if you want to go back.”

“I will go back!”

GD looks at her as if he was surprised to what she just answered. He said “Then… that’s good.”

“Jiyong-ie?”

He smiles, hearing her call that name. He said “Ye?”

“Thank you for being with me tonight. I just want to say that what you did was a complete satisfaction for me… Thank you for giving me a chance to be with you for the last time.”

“…*nods*… Last time…” He spoke with a serious tone. He looks unhappy.

“I’ll remember this night…… I promise.”

“Thank you too for voluntarily doing this. I’ve always wanted to be with you since then.” –Aww. =)

“I will never forget our wonderful past Jiyong!”

GD looks around the place and didn’t reply. Dara thought “As much as I wanted to hug him or even hold his hand, I can’t… I can’t even lay my hands on him. I am trying my very best to keep that kind of limit with him.”

She looks to where GD is looking and a firefly suddenly caught her attention.

She shouts “Oh! A firefly!”

“What?”

She chases after it. GD said “Oh here we go agaiiinnn~” –Hahaha! It already happened before too. Dara has always been attracted to fireflies and chases them all the time, like a little kid wandering around a playground.

Dara said “I didn’t catch one before. I never catch one. This time, I must do it. Just for the last night, please come to me~~!” She runs and follows the firefly wherever it goes. She goes far away from GD.

GD shouts “Ya! Come back here! Don’t run. You might trip down to the floor.” –Aww. He’s very caring.

GD follows her. Dara is still running. She said “I got to catch this Jiyong!”

“What for?!”

“For… my own pleasure!”

“What? Hahaha!”

Dara laughs too. The firefly flies higher. Dara said “Ohh~ No… no… no, don’t go away!”

GD stops from walking when he gets near her already and he just watches her.

The firefly landed on a leaf of a tree and stayed there. Dara said “Oh! It stopped!”

Dara looks at the tree like she’s planning something. GD reads her mind and said “Oh no, you’re not doing that Dara… you are so not doing that!”

Dara showed a sneaky smile and goes near the tree. She said “I have to catch this Jiyong!”

“Stop saying that you need to catch that! You don’t ‘need’ to catch it, you just want it! Don’t climb the tree Dara, it’s way too dangerous!”

“But I want it… don’t worry. I’m already at my 30’s! I can do this!”

“So what if you’re in your 30’s? Your age won’t save you from an accident, silly!” –Hahaha!

“Wah-haha! I’ll get this! I am a grown up! Watch me.”

“Watch you what? Break your bones?”

Dara laughs. She said “Don’t say that. I won’t do anything that will break my bones! Now, keep quiet because the firefly might move away! I am trying so hard not to move here so much so it won’t sense me! Just shout your mouth, that will help…”

She still grabs a branch and attempts to climb. She said “This tree isn’t tall enough. I’m safe here.”

GD said while watching her climb, “Tss, stupid girl…” –Haha!

He crossed his arms and watches her do it.

 

----SILENCE----

 

 

Dara’s knees are shaking as she was already kneeling on the thick branch of the tree. She said “Oh… Euhh~ Firefly… come to me.”

GD places his palm in his forehead and shakes his head. He murmured, “How can you be so brainless all the time, Dara?” –Haha!

Dara just smiles to what he’s saying because she’s concentrating upon balancing herself to catch the firefly.

GD keeps on giving his side comment, “What’s so special about a firefly? Seriously?” –Hahaha!

“Don’t talk! Shh! Oh! I’m near it already!”

“Ya! Go down there now!”

“Aishh! I’m already near it! Why did you only ask me to do that now?”

“Are you kidding me? I already warned you before you even climb to that.”

“Haha! I am going down later when I had it in my hand already.”

“It will fly away later on. Just go down, really! Stop making me worry!”

But Dara didn’t listen… She continues on doing her thing up there. LOL! GD said “You really won’t listen huh?”

Dara was inches away from the firefly already and she can almost grab it with her hand but then……. It flew away.

GD laughs and said “I told you!”

Dara was there, not moving at her position, being immobile. GD said “I was right! See? You never listen!”

Dara said “I was about to catch it already!! Uhwaaaaahh! Aigoooooo! Auhhh! I can’t take this! Whhhyy~”

“Haha! Now what?” He’s insulting her. “How are you going to go down?” –LOL!

Dara looks down and she feels her knees quivering. She thought “I never thought this tree looks so tall up here! Aigoo~ How am I going to go down? I’m embarrassed to GD~ Uhwaah!” –Hahaha!

She looks behind her and then she looks down. She was thinking of a way to go down, like a stranded kitten in a tree. Haha!

GD is just smiling. He thought “If only I don’t love this stupid pretty girl…”

He goes under the tree and said “Come, go down here. I’ll help you out.”

“I can go down by myself.”

“Oh really? How?”

Dara looks everywhere to find something to use for going down or even something to step onto before going down. When she found out that there’s nothing useful around her, she already accepted the fact that she was already hopeless at this moment. She then said “How will you help me?” –Haha!

“I thought you wouldn’t ask. Haha.” He raises both of his hands and said “Grab my hands!”

“What? How can I go down while holding your hands! This is too high!”

“Just grab my hands! Hold on to them and jump!”

“That’s also dangerous! I can’t even reach your hands up here!”

“That’s because you’re not reaching your hands down on me! Try it first then you nag after when you can’t!” –LOL! GD scolds like an elder brother but he always has a point.

“Fine!” She bends her body down. She said “I think I’m going to fall anytime by doing this!”

“Don’t think of falling, you won’t fall.”

“Alright… I’m already reaching my hands… Uhwaaaa. This is scary!”

“You only realized it now after you climbed that tree? Wow!” –Hahaha!

“It’s the firefly’s fault!”

“Haha. Stop blaming the faultless firefly. Just focus on how you’re supposed to go down from there first!” –GD’s right!

“Okay…” She stretches her arms down to reach his hands. “What if you fail to catch me? What if I fall?”

“I won’t let you fall.”

“Are you sure with this?” She looks so scared. GD gazes at her eyes and said “Trust me.”

 

 

Background Music: Tonight by FM Static

 

 

Dara saw the look from his eyes and trusted him right away. GD instantly gains her trust because she knows that GD never ever broke a promise and that’s what made him dependable.

 

After reaching out for his hands, GD grabbed her hands right away and clutched tightly. He said “Now, jump!”

She clasp to his hands, her fingers in between his, holding on for life. Dara closes her eyes even if it’s dangerous to do the jumping with eyes closed. It only signifies that she trusts GD so much because she will jump off from the tree with her eyes closed, not knowing what will happen next because she was already expecting that he’s there to catch her and he won’t ever make her fall.

 

She jumps.

 

And because of the force from jumping from above, she pushes him off and he was pushed back down. GD wasn’t able to keep himself stable from standing. It made him lay down to the ground with their hands grasped to each other. And that only means that Dara also lies down, but on top of him. -Kyah!!

She’s lying on top of him. Her head is on his hard chest. She thought “He smells heavenly, freshly laundered cloth… I can clearly smell an expensive body scrub and a perfume that has the most seductive scent. I don’t want to move because with this spot… I can nuzzle him without showing my obvious intention.”

 

She heard him laugh. His y laugh…

 

“Ahh~ my back. Haha. Look at what that small, single firefly did to me!”

Dara looks at him and laughs too. She said “I’m sorry! I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to get you into this.”

He was smiling when he said “Just buy me back braces… then… apology accepted.”, which means he doesn’t mean it seriously.

“Oh… Aigooo…” She leans back to his chest again a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter