Semi-Final

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks later...

Waking up in the late morning, Kyuhyun felt odd when he found the dorm was unusually quiet after he came out of his room. No voice of the members chatting. No sound of television. No sound of Ryeowook cooking in the kitchen. Kyuhyun decided to check their rooms. He checked one by one of the rooms and ended up being dumbfounded when he found the rooms were all empty.

"Where's everyone?" he mumbled to himself, scratching his head cluelessly as he made his way to the living room.

Once he reached the living room, he looked at the surroundings. No one. Then, he walked to the kitchen where he usually saw Ryeowook there. No one too. 

Kyuhyun blinked in confusion. 'Maybe Ryeowook’s gone to his schedule,' he thought and that was when he felt his stomach grumbling, asking to be filled. Kyuhyun rubbed his stomach and thought, 'He must’ve prepared breakfast before he left.'

Once his eyes landed on the dining table, he ended up staring at it in disbelief. It was empty. Nothing was on it. ‘This is weird...Usually, Ryeowook would prepare something for breakfast even if he has a schedule.'

He searched for any note from the members about their absence. Suddenly a familiar ringtone could be heard unclearly from the kitchen. Realizing that the ringtone was from his phone which was in his room, he quickly strode to his room to pick up the call.

"Omma" Kyuhyun said as soon as he picked up the call after knowing that the caller was his mom.

"Kyuhyun ah. Do you have a schedule today?" His mom's voice was heard from the other end of the line.

"Neh. But, in the afternoon" he replied.

"Good, then. Let's come here. Leeteuk told me that they all have schedules in the morning. Even Ryeowook was late for his schedules. That's why he didn't prepare breakfast today." 

Kyuhyun became more confused upon hearing what had been said by his mom. 'Why Leeteuk told my mom? Why didn't he tell me himself? And how can my mom know so detailed about Ryeowook? She even knows Ryeowook was late and didn't prepare for the breakfast today,' he thought in bewilderment.

"Kyuhyunie?"

The voice made Kyuhyun snap out of his thoughts.

"Neh, omma"

"Are you coming or not?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming"

After hanging up the call, Kyuhyun quickly made his way to the bathroom and got ready before going to his parents' house.

Once he reached in front of his parents' house, he directly put in the passcode of the house then opened the door.

But then something unexpected happened.

"Saengil chukhahamnida~ Saengil chukhahamnida~ Saranghaneun Cho Kyuhyun~ Saengil chukhahamnida~"

Kyuhyun was stunned as he stared at everyone there with shock and disbelief. He couldn't describe how he felt at the moment. But what he was sure was, he was so happy. Actually, he himself didn't even remember that today was his own birthday. So he was touched as everyone there (his family and Super Junior members) remembered and celebrated his birthday. Not to mention, the house had been decorated in a birthday theme.

And that was when his sister, Ara, approached closer towards him with a cake in her hands. Kyuhyun blew off the candles on the cake and once all the candles were lit off, everyone applauded for him.

"Thanks, omma, appa, noona, guys~" he said happily. "Whose plan is this, huh?"

Everyone went silent when the question was asked, making Kyuhyun blink in confusion.

"It's Minhee's plan," Donghae said calmly and smiled proudly at his own answer. Everyone there gave Donghae a shocked look as they didn't expect he'd told Kyuhyun about that as Minhee had already requested all of them not to do so. Not that Donghae forgot about it. He did it on purpose just to make Kyuhyun realize that what he was doing right now wasn’t right and Minhee wasn’t guilty in this matter and he shouldn’t treat her like an enemy.

Kyuhyun's face darkened once Minhee's name was mentioned. Kyuhyun looked at each of them, trying to find Minhee among them and that was until his eyes landed on Shindong. Nope...not Shindong, actually. But the person who was standing (or to be exact, hiding) behind him as if she was depending on his plump body to be safe from danger. Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes at Shindong’s direction making the plump guy stiffened in his position while Kangin and Yesung, who happened to stand beside Shindong, slowly started moving in front of Shindong to help Shindong hide Minhee from Kyuhyun. However, they obviously failed when Kyuhyun slowly approached Shindong or more like the person behind him. Everyone stayed silent as they watched the scene worriedly. Some of the boys looked at Donghae accusingly, quietly scolding him through their eyes for revealing the supposed-to-be secret.

"Uhh...Kyuhyun ah, I've made your favourite food. Let's eat!" Mrs Cho tried to change the topic with her cheerful voice and tried to drag Kyuhyun away fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter