After 2 months...

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[2 months later, in SNSD's dorm]

"Yoona! Look at this," Yuri pointed at the laptop screen in front of her.

Yoona came closer to Yuri out of curiosity and looked at where Yuri pointed at.

"Minhee and Donghae to be the second couple for the next SMTOWN—!" Yoona cursed even before she could manage to read the full title of the article.

She then scrolled down the page to read the content of the article and while reading it, she couldn't help but clench her hands into fists while gritting her teeth in anger. After reading the article, she was in a daze as kept cursing without knowing how to stop.

"Hey, calm down! What makes you curse like that?" Yuri looked at Yoona questioningly.

Yoona didn't reply to her but frowned at the laptop screen which was still showing the article. She grunted in annoyance and she could've sworn, if the laptop was hers, she would surely throw it out of the window to release her anger at that time.

"I can't let this happen" Yoona said in between her gritted teeth.

"Huh?" Yuri looked at Yoona in confusion as to why the latter seemed so shocked and mad ever since she saw the article.

"Aishh jinjja! I already warned her, but she seems like she doesn't know me that well yet!" Yoona glared at Minhee's picture on the laptop screen which was provided in the article.

"You warned her? You mean Minhee? For what?" asked Yuri in shock.

"To make her stop flirting with my Donghae"

"Wait..what? Your Donghae?" Yuri scoffed. "Excuse me? Did you forget that you and him broke up a long time ago? And I'm sure you're no longer in his mind and his heart right now," she said mockingly.

"Yah!" Yoona glared at her, taking the latter by surprise."I don't think he would forget me so easily when he was crazy about me!" she snapped.

"That's past, Yoona. He WAS crazy about you before you cheated on him. You rascal. Even now I really can't accept the fact that you've cheated on him. I wonder what was in your mind at that time until you've to cheat someone as perfect as him and chose Taecyeon instead. I really don't understand you. Seriously" Yuri sighed and shook her head disapprovingly.

"Like what you said just now, it's past. And now I want him back"

"Mwohh? Do you think he would accept you back after what you've done to him 3 years ago?"

"He would accept me back and forgive me and all that can only happen when that  stopped flirting with him!" Yoona yelled. 

"What makes you think Minhee is flirting with him?" Yuri raised an eyebrow.

"This is one of the proofs!" Yoona pointed at the laptop screen which was still showing the article, in irritation.

"I don't think there is any wrong if she flirts with him. Because Donghae is no longer your boyfriend," Yuri said matter-of-factly.

"He'll be my boyfriend back. I'll make sure for it to happen" 

Yuri faked a laugh. "Yes. That's right! That will surely happen after you cheated on him" Yuri said sarcastically, making Yoona shoot her a death glare.

"You know what? Whatever you say, it won't stop me from making Donghae as mine back. No one can stop me. Including that !" Yoona pointed at Minhee's picture which was included in the article as she narrowed her eyes which filled with anger, jealousy, revenge and all at the picture.

'Get ready to be a dead meat, Minhee'

"Annyeonghaseyo" Minhee greeted and bowed to Lee Soo Man after she got into his office. After that, she took a seat across him after he invited her to do so.

"What's your purpose to meet me today, seonsaengnim?" Minhee asked politely.

"I have something important to discuss with you, Minhee sshi," Lee Soo Man said seriously.

Minhee kept silent, waiting for the president to say his next words, and her brows furrowed when the man in front of her didn't say anything but went silent. He actually was reluctant to talk about what he was going to discuss with her about.

"About your performance with Donghae, I hope you wouldn't feel offended by what you will hear after this," Lee Soo Man finally said and Minhee paid her attention to what he was going to say.

"After thinking for many times, I have decided to...." Lee Soo Man took a deep breath before he continued, "...replace you with someone else"

"What?" Minhee responded as her mind tried to register everything that the chairman just said. That was so...unexpected.

"I'm sorry" the chairman apologized guiltily.

"A-Are..are you serious, seonsaengnim?" Minhee stuttered. "But why? What's my fault that makes you want to replace me with someone else?"

"I'm sorry" Lee Soo Man apologized. "The longer I think about this, the more I think that Yoona is more compatible with Donghae than you. Once again, I'm sorry" He bit his lower lip after realizing what he just said just now did not come from his heart. He was lying.

"Ahh, so Yoona is the person who will be replacing me? And what seonsaengnim just said? More compatible? So you just realized that after we have practiced for about 2 months?" asked Minhee calmly even though in her heart, only God knows how hurt it was as if it was twisted up here and there.

"I'm sorry, Minhee sshi. I'm really, really sorry" Lee Soo Man's face filled with guiltiness.

"It's okay, seonsaengnim. You don't have to apologize to me. I know who I am, and I respect your decision truthfully," said Minhee calmly. "If our discussion is ended now, I'll excuse myself then" Minhee got up from her seat and bowed to him politely before taking her step out from his office.

After Minhee left, Lee Soo Man sighed.

"Sorry, Lee Minhee. I have to do this"

 

Once Minhee walked out from Lee Soo Man's office, she saw a woman's figure, her back was facing Minhee, was jumping excitedly while saying 'Yes!' several times. Minhee narrowed her eyes looking at the woman as she tried to recognize the woman from behind.

"Yoona-sshi?"

The woman immediately stopped jumping and turned her body around and her eyes sparkled to see Minhee there.

"Oh Minhee-sshi, you're here?" Yoona flashed her usual fake smile as she ran her fingers through her hair, fixing her messy hair after jumping up and down like a kid just now.

'Why did she jump happily in front of seonsaengnim's office? Perhaps she...is the reason behind all this?' Minhee looked at her suspiciously.

Minhee slightly bowed at her and she was about to take her step to leave when she heard the latter say, "I know you're frustrated right now, aren't you? Well, who in the world wouldn't feel frustrated after finding out that they'll be replaced with someone else who is more deserved to be in their place, more talented, more beautiful, and more popular than them, isn't it?" Yoona said sarcastically and smirked.

Minhee sighed softly, closing her eyes as her hands clenched into fists. Slowly, she turned around to face Yoona, who was smirking and had her arms crossed across her chest right now.

"Wow, that's amazing. I never knew you would care about other people's feelings before. I thought you're the person who only cares about your own feelings without thinking about others," Minhee said calmly yet sarcastically, taking Yoona by surprise as her smirk instantly vanished.

And unexpectedly, Yoona was at loss for words as she just stood there eyeing Minhee speechlessly. Maybe she was too shocked by what Minhee just said to her. She wasn't ready yet to have a talk battle with the hoobae.

Minhee smirked when she found no words coming out from Yoona after a while waiting for her reply to her sarcastic words just now. "I bet you don't have anything else to say to me other than that. By the way, good luck for your practice and your performance with your ex-boyfriend" Minhee emphasized the last word just to annoy the latter, before taking her step leaving the speechless Yoona alone there dumbfounded.

Yoona frowned when she heard Minhee mentioning 'ex-boyfriend'. "She knows about that?" Yoona asked herself and then snorted. "It must be Donghae who told her about it. That bastard. Tch..."

[In F(x)'s practice room]

The five girls were resting after practicing for 30 minutes when suddenly the door swung open. They all looked towards the door to see Minhee was walking towards them weakly with such a gloomy expression on her as she joined them sitting on the floor.

"Unnie, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to practice with Donghae at this hour?" Sulli looked at Minhee, who sat next to her on the floor, quizzically.

"I won't practice with him anymore" Minhee muttered as her eyes glued on the floor, trying so hard to hold back tears from falling.

"What? Why?" Everyone started feeling uneasy at Minhee's statement, especially when they saw how gloomy she was at the time albeit how she kept looking down on the floor. As they were staring at her worriedly, to their surprise, a tear slipping down her cheek and they started to be flustered.

"Why are you crying?!" they asked in shock and hurriedly scooted closer to her to calm her down. Seeing her tears kept flowing down her cheeks causing them to become more flustered than they already were.

"Minhee ah, why are you crying? Did something bad happen?" Victoria asked in concern as she rubbed Minhee's back to calm her down.

Minhee wiped the tears off her cheeks with the back of her hand and sniffled. "What do you feel when you've been practicing so hard for a few months and suddenly you're told that you have been replaced with someone else?" she spoke with her cracked voice.

"What?! You have been replaced with someone else?" asked them in unison, shocked.

"Who’s that ‘someone else’ are you talking about? Let me pull her hair until her hair reaches the floor!" Sulli said while cracking her knuckles.

"She is from SNSD, right? Impossible she is from Red Velvet" Luna guessed.

"It's Yoona" Minhee replied as she sniffled. Her tears had subsided a little at the moment.

"WHAT?!" They cooed in chorus, shocked. Silence engulfed the atmosphere for a while before Krystal broke the silence.

"But why?" she asked. "I thought it has been a while since you and Donghae practiced together. Why is it turning out like this?"

"Seonsaengnim said she's more compatible with Donghae than me" Minhee answered.

"That old man said that to you? What the! Is he blind or what?" Krystal said annoyedly.

"That's the only reason?" Luna asked in disbelief.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter