SMTOWN Concert Part 2

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Super Junior's waiting room]

While waiting for KRY's turn to perform, Kyuhyun was playing Starcraft engrossingly when suddenly Minhee's face appeared on his screen laptop - making him yelp and jump out of his seat in horror. The boys, who witnessed the amusing scene, looked at Kyuhyun in bewilderment and at the same time, in amusement as they obviously tried to hold back their laughter.

"What's wrong with you, Kyuhyun ah?" Siwon asked, smiling in amusement when he found how shocked Kyuhyun's face looked as he stared at his laptop screen with horror.

"A-Ani...it's just Minh-" Upon realizing what he was about to say, Kyuhyun decided not to continue his words.

"Huh?" Siwon responded, still wanting an answer from Kyuhyun.

"Uh..no, it's just...a rat," Kyuhyun said as he slowly sat back on the seat he had sat earlier and stared at his laptop screen as if it was a ghost.

"Rat?" they all chorused, looking at him as if he was nuts.

"Omo, I'm scared..." Shindong said as he tugged on Siwon's shirt, making the latter laugh out of it.

"Where is it? Where? Let me catch it. Ddangkoma must be happy to have a new friend" Yesung said as he looked around the room, searching for the non-existed rat to make it as a friend to his beloved turtle.

Everyone laughed out loud at Shindong and Yesung, excluding Kyuhyun, as he was in a daze wondering why Minhee's face had appeared on his laptop screen all of a sudden. He knew it was just his imagination but still, it had never happened to him before. And he felt uneasy about it.

 

Minhee and Donghae bowed to Lee Soo Man as soon as they entered F(x)'s waiting room. They then took a seat across the chairman once they were invited to and waited for the chairman to start off.

"Since we don't have much time until this concert ends, I'll just be straightforward with what I'm going to talk about," Lee Soo Man said seriously.

Both of them remained silent and paid their attention to what the chairman was going to say to them.

"As you can hear right now, fans kept chanting your name. So, for the sake of SMTOWN Concert's success this year, I'd like both of you to perform together before this concert ends," Lee Soo Man decided.

Minhee smiled sarcastically in response. "I still remember you said that I'm not compatible enough with Donghae. What's the point you replaced me with Yoona if in the end I'll still end up performing with Donghae?" she said daringly. It was not that she wanted to be rude, but she just wanted to protect her pride so that no one could step on it so easily.

"Minhee-sshi, I know I have made a wrong decision. Please forgive me. If I know this is going to happen, I won't replace you with Yoona. I'm so sorry."

"It's too late to regret, seonsaengnim. And I won't perform. Excuse me." Minhee said sternly then stood up immediately from her seat. She was ready to leave when Lee Soo Man said, "If you don't want to perform because of my order, at least perform for your fans out there, Minhee sshi." Upon hearing the word 'fans', Minhee stopped in her tracks.

"That's true, Minhee. Don't you hear our fans chanting right now? That means they want to see us performing together. I'm sure they'll be disappointed if we didn't perform tonight." Donghae tried to persuade her.

Minhee sighed. "But I'm not your partner anymore, oppa. Your partner now is Yoona." She emphasized her voice when mentioning Yoona.

"You're my partner or not, it's a different story. Right now, our aim is to make our fans happy. I'm sure some of them came here just because they want to watch us performing" Donghae said.

Minhee was silent upon hearing what Donghae just said. Maybe she was hurt because of the replacement, but she didn't want her fans to feel the same.

Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath and exhaled softly before opening her eyes. Sighing softly, she said, "Fine. I'll do it."

Minhee's words made both Lee Soo Man and Donghae look at each other with their sparkled eyes and smiled in relief.

"Thank you very much, Minhee sshi. Thank you very much!" Lee Soo Man said thankfully. He couldn't be more thankful to her after she agreed to perform with Donghae despite the sudden replacement she had had - all because of his unreasonable decision. He always felt sorry and guilty for her and he immediately took it as a lesson for him in the future.

After practicing for the last time before performing on the stage, Minhee and Donghae went backstage and monitored Super Junior KRY's performance while waiting for their turn to perform after them. After about 5 minutes, they saw Ryeowook followed by Yesung and Kyuhyun got off the stage and fans started chanting 'MinHae' again back.

"Oh? Donghae hyung, Minhee, what are you doing here?" Ryeowook asked, looking at them up and down. "Are you two gonna perform after this?" he asked again once he found Minhee wearing different stage outfits.

"Neh" both of them replied in unison.

"Whoaa! Jinjja?!" Yesung smiled widely at them. "Thanks to your fans, you two get to perform together!" he said in delight.

"Minhee-sshi, Donghae-sshi, it's time for you two to perform right now" said one of the staff to Minhee and Donghae.

"Okay" Donghae said to that staff and then turned to Ryeowook, Yesung and Kyuhyun. "We've to perform now"

"Okay. Do your best!" Ryeowook said.

"Fighting!" Yesung said too.

Minhee looked at Kyuhyun before getting on the stage as she felt he was staring at her. After realizing Minhee was looking at him, Kyuhyun immediately looked away in another direction.

'Aish! Why can't I take my eyes off her?' Kyuhyun thought and sighed. But then he froze once realization hit him. 'I won't like her, right?'

 

As soon as the song where YoonHae had performed earlier played in the background again for the second time, the loud cheers could be heard from fans. The cheers became louder when they saw Minhee instead of Yoona on the stage with Donghae. In other words, the reaction from fans was really different when MinHae were performing compared to when YoonHae were performing.

 

"Where are they? Are they angry at me that much?" Yoona said to herself while waiting for the members to come into their waiting room.

Suddenly, the door of their waiting room opened to reveal the members came in one by one and Yoona immediately walked over to them.

"Guys, I'm sorry" Yoona apologized as her eyes started getting teary.

The members stared at her for a moment and without warning, they directly gave her a group hug as they laughed afterwards.

"We love you," They all said in chorus.

"Me too," Yoona said happily, happy that the members didn't hate her after all the mean things she did say to them before.

 

As Yoona was chatting with the members, that was when she heard familiar music from outside. She tried to hear that sound carefully in spite of the girls' voice and her eyes narrowed when she recognized the music.

'If I'm not mistaken, that's my duet song with Donghae, isn't it?' she thought.

She tried to hear it again to make sure that she didn't misheard anything when she heard a woman's voice singing the part which used to be her part usually. Recognizing whose voice it was, realization suddenly hit her as her hands practically clenched into fists. 'Don't tell me Donghae and Minhee are performing right now.' With that, she told the members that she was going to the toilet (when she actually was going backstage) before quickly walking out of the room.

Once she arrived backstage, her pace slowed down as the loud cheers they received stunned her.

'What the heck with all the cheers they get,' she frowned and that was when she saw some of Super Junior's members and F(x) were monitoring MinHae's performance engrossingly through the monitor. She quietly walked towards them and joined them monitoring their performance (without them realizing it) and that was when she realized her hands had clenched into fists as her jealousy took over her heart.

. I must do something.

 

In the middle of their performance, as Minhee was singing her part, suddenly her headset microphone didn't work. She tried to move the microphone close to and sang through it but still, it didn't work.

Donghae, who realized Minhee's mic had a problem, looked at her anxiously but didn't forget to sing his part after hers.

As Minhee's part came again, she still sang through her problematic mic when suddenly Donghae moved close to her and leaned his face close to hers to share his mic with her. Fans who watched that moment directly screamed out loud, whether unpleasantly or admiringly, watching the sweet moment between both of them.

A/N: The picture below inspired me xD


 

 

"Huh? Why Minhee's v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter