Dinner with Cho's Family

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mom, you know what, Minhee is really good at cooking, you know?" Kyuhyun told her mom. They were in Kyuhyun's car, heading to Kyuhyun's parents' house to have dinner together.

"Really? Whoaa!" Mrs Cho turned around towards the back seat to look at Minhee in awe.

"Aniyo. I'm not that good actually," she denied sheepishly.

"During Super Junior's comeback last year, she cooked kimchi for us. The members were all praising her cooking," Kyuhyun kept complimenting Minhee and that made her blush.

"From what Kyuhyun told me just now, I'm sure Super Junior must really love Minhee. Am I right?" Mrs Cho asked.

"Absolutely," Kyuhyun answered.

"And I'm sure there must be someone among them who has feelings for her," Mrs Cho guessed then took a meaningful glance at Kyuhyun who was driving.

"Actually not someone, omma. But, about half of the members like her," Kyuhyun boasted.

"Really?!" Mrs Cho looked at Kyuhyun in shock. "That means you have to work hard,"

"Huh? Why should I?" Kyuhyun looked at his mom confusedly.

"Because you have many rivals."

Kyuhyun fell silent upon hearing his mom’s words. Her mom was really quick at picking up things, wasn’t she?

"Why is Minhee so silent?" Mrs Cho looked at the back seat to see Minhee had fallen asleep. She giggled looking at her. "She must be tired." 

Kyuhyun turned to the back too and smiled seeing Minhee fall into a deep sleep without taking a long time. 'So cute,' he thought and that was when Mrs Cho cleared , snapping Kyuhyun out of his thoughts.

"Look straight, Kyuhyun. You're driving right now," Mrs Cho said, trying hard to suppress her smile.

After about 30 minutes, they arrived in front of Kyuhyun's parents' apartment building. Before Mrs Cho got off the car, she told Kyuhyun to wake Minhee up while she headed up to her house first to prepare for the dinner.

"Minhee mouse," Kyuhyun called Minhee out from the driver seat. He called her a few times with that name but still, she didn't move even an inch. "Is she still alive?" he muttered under his breath and got out of the car and to move to the backseat.

Looking at Minhee who looked so peaceful sleeping made him practically forget that he had to wake her up.

'Why does she have to look so beautiful even when she sleeps?' he thought to himself. His hand started to move slowly towards her cheek before stopping his hand in mid-air.

'What do you think you're doing, Kyuhyun? Aish! Aish!' he thought while smacking his own head a few times.

Suddenly, he heard Minhee muttering something in her sleep.

"Omma.." she muttered once again.

"Minhee, wake up," he shook her shoulder lightly.

"Omma..." she muttered again.

Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows. 'Why does she keep muttering 'omma'? What happened to her omma actually?' he wondered in curiosity. 

"Minhee-ah" Kyuhyun shook her shoulder again. 

This time, she stirred up, frowning, before finally opening her eyes. Realizing there was someone beside her, she turned to the person and looked up to see Kyuhyun was staring at her. Their eyes met each other.

'Her eyes...they’re beautiful, but why do I somehow see pain in her eyes?' he thought while staring at her beautiful but sad eyes. He wondered why he had never realized or see this side of her eyes before, her sad eyes. What he had seen was only the happiness in her eyes. 'Maybe because she always smiles to cover the pain she had been through all this time' he thought to himself.

“Ohh oppa…” she rubbed her eyes and looked around. “Have we arrived?” 

“Yes, we have.”

"But, where's your mom?"

"She's waiting for us at home right now.”

"Home? But you said we'll have dinner together?" she asked cluelessly. 

"We'll have dinner in my parents' house, Minhee," he explained patiently.

"What?! Your parents' house?" she looked at Kyuhyun with wide eyes in shock.

Kyuhyun chuckled at her shocked expression. "Wae? You thought we'll have dinner together in an expensive restaurant?"

She nodded innocently.

He chuckled softly at her response. "Well, you should feel lucky to have dinner together with my family. You're a lucky fan, you know, LUCKY FAN."

Minhee bit her lower lip. 'Goodness, I shouldn't have agreed to this. It's embarrassing, you know, to have dinner in their house. I'm not even close with his family,' she thought regretfully.

"What are you dreaming of? Kaja! My mom must be waiting for us right now," Kyuhyun said. With that, both of them got out of the car together.

 

After about 15 minutes or so...

"Where are they? Are they taking an opportunity to have a date in the car?" Mrs Cho mumbled alone then giggled to herself. She was in the kitchen, in the process of preparing for their dinner together.

After a while, she heard the sound of the door was opened by someone. "It must be them." She hurriedly went to the living room to greet them.

"Minhee, please take a seat," Mrs Cho said once Minhee got into the house and ushered her to sit on the sofa in the living room.

"Oh, neh" Minhee sat on the sofa and looked around the house. The house was not too small nor too big; it was comfortable to live in with a small family like them. The decoration of the house was simple but nice and it deserved to get compliments. "Whoaa, your house is so beautiful, auntie."

"Oh gomawo, Minhee sshi," Mrs Cho smiled gently at her. "You two can chat first. I wanna go to the kitchen, preparing for our dinner"

"Oh, let me help you," Minhee already stood up, volunteering to help Mrs Cho to prepare for the dinner when Kyuhyun suddenly grabbed her wrist. She turned towards him and gave him a 'what?' look.

"If you went to the kitchen, I'll be alone here," Kyuhyun showed her his puppy eyes.

Minhee chuckled. "You have to join us, then," she said briefly.

Mrs Cho smiled looking at both of them. "It’s okay, Minhee. You accompany Kyuhyun. Besides, you're the guest here."

"But.." Minhee tried to protest when Kyuhyun cut her off.

"No buts. You're the guest and you've to accompany me here," Kyuhyun pulled Minhee's hand, making her sit back beside him on the sofa.

After Mrs Cho left them and headed to the kitchen, Minhee complained to him. "You should just let me help your mom," she frowned at him.

"Aniyo. You've to accompany me here," Kyuhyun said stubbornly. Minhee crinkled up her nose at him in response. He then the television and suddenly Minhee's face appeared on it; it was a CF.

"Yah! Is that you?" Kyuhyun asked with a shocked expression drawn on his face.

"Neh," Minhee replied then looked at him puzzledly. "Why do you look so shocked? You never saw me on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter