A Million Pieces

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few days had passed and throughout these past few days, Minhee barely ate and hardly could sleep as the kiss scene between Donghae and Yoona kept replaying in her mind, making the wound in her heart get worse and deeper. Her eyes were red and puffy, the result of crying almost nonstop.

She had fallen deep in love with him, like so deep, and when she found out what he did behind her, her heart just couldn’t handle it. She had given him all her heart and what she got in return was a wounded heart that couldn’t be sure if it could be healed or not. She thought he was the one. And she felt stupid by the fact that she had ever thought like that.

She couldn’t be thankful that for these past few days, she had no schedules. And she was more than thankful that for these few past days too, she didn’t meet him. Yes, she didn’t want to meet him. She wasn’t ready yet to meet him. She wished she would never meet him again. Even though she missed him so ing much right now.

She had to admit that as much as she hated him right now, her hate for him couldn’t surpass how much she loved him. And she hated herself for that. She felt so pathetic for still loving the person who cheated on her. But as much as she loved him, she would never forgive him. What he had done to her, to her heart, was unforgivable.

Recently, Amber had told her that Donghae recently had called her and asked her about Minhee and told her that he couldn’t keep in contact with Minhee. And Minhee only snorted in reply after hearing what Amber just told her. Just how much longer would he keep playing the role of perfect, sweet boyfriend with her? She was disgusted.

Today, unfortunately for Minhee, they were scheduled to have dance practice and once she stepped into SM building along with the other members, she hoped inside that they wouldn’t run into Super Junior, particularly Donghae. She didn’t want to meet him, the person who had broken her heart.

They got into the elevator and then got out after arriving at the floor where their practice room was located and that was when Minhee's hope all ruined - Super Junior was walking opposite of them (maybe they just finished practicing). At that time, what she could do was only letting out a heavy sigh while the other members looked at her briefly in concern. 

"Yo F(x)!" Heechul shouted and punched the girls lightly on the shoulder. His action earned laughter from everyone but only a bitter smile from Minhee.

"Annyeonghaseyo" F(x) greeted and bowed to the senior including Minhee who was only looking on the floor. Fortunately for her, she was wearing sunglasses at the moment (in order to hide her pathetic red puffy eyes from everyone) so they wouldn’t notice that she was avoiding looking at them, particularly Donghae. Though, it couldn’t prevent her from noticing Donghae looking at her and that just made her really want to hide somewhere at the moment. She wasn’t ready yet to meet him after what she had witnessed the last few days.

She tapped her foot impatiently at how friendly the boys were until they couldn’t stop talking to the girls and the girls politely replied to them. Excluding her.

“Minhee ah, why are you so silent?” Heechul’s voice almost made Minhee flinch, shocked at the sudden mention of her name. “Do you and Donghae fight or what?” he looked at her and Donghae back and forth nosily, somehow could feel a cold aura between the two.

“Minhee ah, you don’t know how many times Donghae told me that he misses you so much everyday. It’s irritating,” Eunhyuk said jokingly while the others laughed. Kyuhyun didn’t laugh but looked at Minhee worriedly while Donghae smiled shyly but his smile instantly faded away when he found Minhee didn’t smile or laugh like the others. He felt like there was something wrong with Minhee today that made her act different than usual and he couldn’t help but look at her in concern.

“Uh, I think I’ve to go now. Excuse me” Minhee said and bowed slightly at them then walked quickly towards the practice room, leaving the rest of the members behind.

The boys eyed her puzzledly while F(x) looked at her apologetically until she entered one of the practice rooms there.

“What’s wrong with her?” the boys mumbled among each other and that was when Donghae  rushed towards the practice room that Minhee just got in, earning attention from them.

“Uh, I think we also have to go now” Victoria said as the girls then bid farewell to Super Junior then walked away, getting inside another practice room, not the practice room which had Minhee and Donghae inside it – to give space for the couple to solve their problem. Meanwhile, Super Junior reluctantly made their way to the elevator, worried and curious about the couple as they made a mental note to wait for Donghae in the van before going to their next schedule.

Ever since Donghae laid his eyes on her today, he somehow could feel there was something wrong with Minhee. Just now, he had stared at her expectantly, was ready to give her a smile once she looked at him back but he ended up feeling disappointed when he found she seemed not to notice him. He was convincing himself that he was probably wrong since she was wearing sunglasses and he couldn’t see her eyes and maybe she didn’t notice him because of the sunglasses that she wore.

However, as time went by, he slowly thought that he was right – there was something not right with her. Especially when Heechul and Eunhyuk started talking to her about him. Her reaction for both of them was not like what he had expected and for a second he thought she had changed. That was why he decided to follow her to the practice room. He wanted to find out what made her look so moody today.

Not long after she got inside the practice room, she heard the door creak open and she ignored it thinking that it was the members.

“Minhee ah...”

Upon hearing the familiar voice (that she missed to hear so much yet she didn’t want to hear it at the moment), she stopped in her tracks from heading towards the couch across the room and stiffened. She heard footsteps approaching her and the next thing she knew, the very familiar hand gently took hers before the owner of the hand stood in front of her, worry written all over his face.

“Minhee ah, are you okay?” he asked softly.

“No.”

Donghae almost flinched upon hearing her cold voice which he assumed was the first time for him to hear it. What shocked him the most was, she yanked her hand away from his hold as she talked and he only could look at her in shock in response.

“M-Minhee ah―”

“Let’s break up.” She put the best effort to make her voice calm and stable even though everytime she opened , she felt like she just ripped her own heart over and over. To be honest, she really wanted to throw herself on him and hugged him tightly because she missed him so bad. But thinking about what she had seen a few days ago, her heart burning with pain and jealousy and her hatred for him burning up inside her chest.

"W-What?" he breathed out and looked at her in shock and disbelief upon hearing those words that were the least he would expect to hear from her. It was so difficult to believe what he just heard and he assumed and hoped that he only misheard it.

"Let's . Break . Up," she repeated, emphasizing each word to make it clearer for him.

Cold silence engulfed the atmosphere right after that as Donghae stared at her in disbelief while Minhee looked at anywhere but him. Suddenly, he laughed – to Minhee’s surprise. Her shocked and confused expression behind the big sunglasses that she wore changed to a pained expression at the thought that he felt happy after she asked him for a breakup. She felt stupid for not expecting that; him laughing and feeling happy. She should’ve expected it in the first place. Why was she so stupid?

“You’re joking, right? Hahaha, it’s not funny, Minhee ah,” he continued laughing and it lasted for a few seconds as he immediately stopped laughing when he found Minhee stare at him blankly behind her sunglasses. He stared at her, panic and uneasiness mirrored in his eyes. “You...you are joking, right? T-Tell me you’re joking” he said.

“I don’t have any time to joke around with you, Donghae sshi”

Upon hearing what she just called him, he was stunned. Usually she would call him ‘oppa’ or some sweet names that she created especially for him. But now that she put formality when she called him, it made Donghae suddenly feel empty. He felt like she was starting to draw a line between them.

Donghae was silent as he stared at her with a pair of his sad eyes, tears started glistening in his eyes. “W-Why?” That was the only word that could come out from his mouth, his voice cracking slightly.

"Why? Do you even need to ask that?" she said and paused for a moment before she continued. “You...you...” she pointed at him accusingly yet the word that she wanted to say oddly felt so difficult to come out because even just to think about the word, the kiss scene between him and Yoona practically replayed in her mind, adding more pain inside her heart. And her heart hardly could handle it any longer.

Finding it so hurtful to say the heartbreaking word, she gave up and put her hand to her side back then heaved a sigh. “There’s no point to keep this relationship going on when one of us has fallen out of love with the other and the other only has one-sided love with another one. There’s no point anymore” she said, trying so hard to speak in her stable normal voice, not her cracked voice. She was thankful that she wore the sunglasses. If not, she bet he would see her teary eyes right now which she didn’t want it to happen.

“What are you talking about? I don’t understand”

“You don’t understand or you pretend to not understand?” she said sarcastically and snorted. “Stop acting like you’re so innocent. If there are people watching us right now, they might think I’m the bad one and you’re the good one here, you know”

Donghae shook his head lightly, confusion (besides pain) written all over his face. “I swear, I don’t understand even one bit what nonsense you are talking about” 

“Yeah right?” she responded with a hint of sarcasm. “Well, if that’s the case, then what you only need to understand is, I don’t love you anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter