WGM Ep 8: F(x)'s Comeback

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a month of Super Junior's comeback, finally it was F(x)'s turn to comeback with their new album and song. In coincidence, the day of F(x)'s comeback was the day of Minhee's birthday. But unfortunately, Minhee was not in a good mood.

Who wouldn't be disappointed when people who were the closest to her, F(x)'s members, didn't wish nor even remember her birthday. Only her fans had wished her on SNS.

She never forgot to wish every F(x)'s members' birthday, but they didn't even want to remember her birthday. Everytime she asked them 'what day is today?', they would answer 'Friday' in unison. She was really disappointed at their answer but she didn't want to tell them that that day was her birthday. 'Let them feel guilty after they found out that today is my birthday' she thought to herself.

As time went by, when they were waiting for their turn to perform their comeback stage in Music Bank in their waiting room, after waiting for so long but they didn't even wish her birthday yet, Minhee couldn't hold herself and decided to tell them that that day was her birthday.

"Guys, do you know what day is today??" Minhee asked the same question to the members for the umpteenth time that day.

"Unnie, how many times do you want us to tell you? Today is Friday," Krystal said in annoyance.

Krystal's answer made Minhee pout.

"What's wrong with you, Minhee? I never hear you say something else today other than your question just now," Victoria looked at the birthday girl puzzledly.

Minhee merely remained silent as she crossed her arms over her chest while pouting.

"You must've been so stressed lately, unnie. Perhaps because of our comeback?" Amber stared at Minhee worriedly.

"You should rest, unnie. Keep your healthy and–"

"Don't you really know what day is today?" Minhee looked at all of them in disbelief, cutting Luna off.

All of them went silent and blinked in confusion at Minhee's question that was continuously  given to them for the umpteenth time already.

"Isn't today Friday?" Sulli said.

The waiting room filled with silence for a moment after Sulli finished her words,  all eyes were on Minhee – eyeing her reaction, to see she was frowning.

"Am I wrong?" Sulli bit the tip of her finger gently, her face filled with worry, worried that Minhee would explode right there and then.

"Ahh, I know!" Amber exclaimed, breaking the silence. Minhee's face lightened up a bit hearing Amber's confident voice. "If the answer is not Friday, then uhmm . . . Saturday?"

Minhee's face darkened back while the members complained on Amber, commenting on how stupid her answer was. Amber only grinned apologetically in response.

"Ha! I think I know!" Victoria lifted her hand up in the air and grinned. "The answer is...." Victoria paused for a moment, making the members curious. After a while, she continued, "Your question is 'what day is today?' right? So the answer is, today is our comeback!" Victoria said excitedly then clapped her hands as she thought her answer was correct.

Minhee let out a deep sigh, shaking her head disapprovingly. "You guys really hate me, don't you?" Minhee said sadly.

"Huh?" They looked at her confusedly.

"What makes you think like that?" Krystal spoke, sounded like complaining.

"If you don't hate me, you won't forget my birthday!" Minhee snapped, finally told them what she really wanted to.

"Your birthday?" They looked at her with wide eyes.

"If I'm not mistaken, your birthday has already passed. Hasn't it?" Confusion written all over Amber's face as she said that.

"I thought your birthday is next month," Sulli scratched her head cluelessly.

"How could you not remember my birthday," Minhee said disappointedly, disappointed at their unexpected reaction. She thought after she told them that that day was her birthday, they would immediately hug her and wish her happy birthday together. But to her disappointment, they didn't, but speculated that her birthday had passed or would be coming next month instead.

"Sorry" They grinned apologetically at the birthday girl. "...but, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They exclaimed with a big smile plastered on their faces.

"Too late" Minhee said in monotone, sulking.

"What do you want for your birthday? Let me buy it for you" Luna batted her eyelashes, trying to persuade the sulking birthday girl.

"No need. It's too late" Minhee replied, playing with her fingers on her laps.

"Unnie, we're really sorry. Aren't we busy with our comeback recently? That's why we forgot about your birthday. We're sorry, okay?" Sulli apologized on their behalf.

"Yeah yeah," Minhee replied nonchalantly.

"Why do you look so upset? It's not that everyone in this world forgot your birthday, right? There must be someone special who has wished you," Victoria smiled cheekily at Minhee when she mentioned 'someone special'.

"You know what, only fans have wished me my birthday before you guys, you know. Only FANS," Minhee said, emphasized the word 'FANS' so that it would be clear to each of them.

"What about Donghae oppa?" Amber asked.

Hearing Donghae's name was mentioned, she pouted again.

"Donghae oppa hasn't wished you yet?" Krystal asked.

Minhee shook her head in reply, wearing a sad expression on her face.

"It can't be" The members said in disbelief.

"He's your husband, impossible he hasn't wished you yet" Luna said.

"Maybe he's too busy" Minhee tried to convince herself by her own words.

The members just remained silent. After a while, some staff told them that their turn to perform was coming.

As soon as F(x) got onto the stage, they were stunned once they heard the 'happy birthday' song sung by their fans in the studio especially for Minhee. The members followed the fans singing the song too and that made Minhee feel touched until she got teary-eyed hearing them all singing the song enthusiastically for her.

After they finished singing the song, Minhee bowed 90° to the fans. "Kamsahamnida," she thanked the fans through the mic, as she waved her hands towards the fans in the audience seats happily. After that, their new song started playing in the background and F(x) began performing for their comeback stage. The happy birthday song that was sung by fans made Minhee have spirit to perform.

After performing, F(x) got off the stage and went backstage heading to their waiting room. Minhee looked at the members puzzledly as they seemed to be rushing to the waiting room like they were in a hurry.

"What's wrong with them?" Minhee asked herself as she was puzzled at their weird behaviour. 'Usually they aren't like this?' she thought to herself as she scratched her head cluelessly. She wanted to follow them running but because she was tired after performing, she decided to just walk. That was when she caught a cameraman filming her when she was making her way to the waiting room. Without having any suspicion, she smiled and bowed in front of the camera which she assumed as KBS' camera, then continued her journey to the waiting room.

But little did she know, there was an MBC logo on the camera that was filming her. And little did she know too, the cameraman was following her to the waiting room from behind quietly.

Once she arrived in front of the waiting room, she opened the door cluelessly when suddenly...

 

"SURPRISE!!!"

 

She gasped in shock and gaped open when she saw Donghae holding a cake in front of her with the other F(x)'s members standing either both sides of him. They all were grinning at her. There were also some cameramen filming them in the room, which practically made her know that they were filming WGM at the moment. The next thing she knew, they were singing birthday song for her.

"Saengil chukhahamnida~ Saengil chukhahamnida~ Saranghaneun Lee Minhee~ Saengil chukhahamnida~" 

Trying to hold back her tears, Minhee blew off the candles on the cake Donghae held and once all the candles went off, all of them clapped their hands.

"Thanks, guys" she thanked them as she blinked back her tears from escaping her eyes. That was when Luna nudged Donghae and signaled him to give the cake he held to her. Once Donghae handed it over to her, he turned to face Minhee back when the next thing he knew, Minhee was hugging him. Donghae was quite shocked at her action before his lips curled into a shy smile as he hugged her back, chuckling softly.

"Happy birthday, yeobo" he said, tightening his hug.

"Gomawo, oppa. I thought you also forgot my birthday," she said before pulling away from the hug.

"How can I forget your birthday when you're so special to me," he lightly poked her nose, making a glint of pink climb up on her cheeks.

Then, her eyes landed on the cameramen who were filming them. "I didn't know we would be filming today?" she said, sounded like questioning.

"Of course you didn't know" Donghae replied. Then his eyes twinkled as he continued, "And you know what? You are filming WGM ever since before you guys perform, you know"

Minhee looked at him in confusion while her brain tried registering every single of his words. While Minhee was still clueless, the girls exclaimed in unison. "HIDDEN CAMERA!"

"What?!" Minhee looked at them in shock. "Does that mean...you guys.." she was way too speechless to finish her words as she just realized something.

"Actually, we know today is your birthday. We just pretended we didn't know" Victoria revealed, grinning to Minhee like how the other members did.

"Wha–? So, everything that happened today was planned?" Minhee said in disbelief.

"Yes, thanks to Donghae oppa for his awesome plan," Krystal said, showing Donghae her thumbs up.

Hearing Krystal made Minhee look at Donghae with an unreadable expression before she playfully smacked him on the arm. Donghae merely chuckled at her in response.

INTERVIEW ROOM

Q: What do you think about the birthday surprise that was planned by Donghae and F(x)'s members for you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter