Practice Day Part 3

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, in SM building.

Minhee was on her way to the elevator to go up to the floor where the practice room that she and Donghae always practiced together was located when she heard a familiar voice calling her name. She stopped in her tracks and turned towards the voice to see Donghae was jogging towards her.

"Oh, oppa" she smiled at him and waited for him to reach her.

"Hi!" Donghae said once he stood in front of her.

"Hi!" Minhee replied then they began walking to the elevator.

"What is that?" Donghae pointed at the plastic bag she held which contained a medium-sized container in it.

"Oh, I bring tteobokki for our lunch today. So we can eat together soon" she chimed in.

"Whoaa! Tteobokki? It must be delicious"

"I guess so"

Once the elevator opened, they got into it as Donghae pressed the button to the floor where their practice room was located and the elevator automatically closed by itself.

"By the way, would Mr Jongmin come to see us practice today?" Minhee asked. They were still in the elevator.

"Mr Jongmin called me yesterday. He said he's sorry because he can't come today. Maybe tomorrow?" Donghae replied.

"Jinjja?" Minhee sounded disappointed. "I already cooked this tteobokki for three people. I thought he'll come today" Minhee pouted.

"It's okay. I can finish it all" Donghae grinned at her.

"Really?" Minhee looked at him in disbelief. "But you don't seem to eat a lot though"

"Like you?" Donghae joked and with that the elevator filled with laughter.

 

After they entered the practice room, they started stretching before practicing. They were practicing as usual and when the last part where they had to look into each other's eyes, both of them instantly blushed as the incident between both of them that had happened yesterday replayed in their mind.

The music ended. But they still looked into each other's eyes, for a long time, and to Minhee's surprise, Donghae suddenly yet gently pulled her into his arms. She stiffened at his sudden action and that was when she heard him saying. "Minhee ah, I...." he hesitated to say the next words, still counting whether he should confess to her now or later. And once he made a decision to confess to her now, it was then when he felt the words 'love' difficult to come out of his mouth - as if his mouth had been locked up. Realizing that, he sighed once he found out that he wasn't ready yet to tell her his feelings for her.

Minhee remained silent as she waited for him to continue his words. At the same time, her heart beat faster to think that he was hugging her right now and not to mention, the sweet smell of his cologne - his scent calmed her down. After a while waiting for him to continue, she frowned when she heard no other words from him other than 'I' just now.

Gently, she pulled away and stared at his face in confusion. "You what?" she asked softly. Looking from his serious face, there was something important he wanted to say. And that made Minhee curious.

Donghae nibbled on his bottom lips as he stared at her nervously. "I...uhm..nevermind. It's nothing" he awkwardly smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"Neh"

Minhee narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously. "Oppa, do you have any problem? You know, you can tell me if you want," she said.

Donghae softened and smiled softly at her. "So you're worried about me, huh?" he said teasingly, ruffling her hair.

"Of course. You're like my own brother. I'd like to take care of my brother well" she grinned.

Upon hearing that, Donghae's smile slowly faded away. Brother? He had to admit his heart hurt a little by that, but nevertheless, it was not bad either - because he thought, brother is better than stranger. Not to mention, Minhee had told him that she wanted to take care of him as a brother. And he was sure he wouldn't hear those words coming out of , if he confessed to her earlier. What a relief.

After a while, they decided to continue practicing and took a rest every 30 minutes and stopped practicing when it was time for lunch.

 

"Did you really cook this tteobokki by yourself?" Donghae asked while chewing on the food in his mouth deliciously. They were eating the tteobokki that Minhee brought, in the same container but using two different chopsticks, sitting on the floor.

"Neh. Why? Does it taste bad?"

"Aniyo, it's delicious" Donghae smiled at her as he fed another round into his mouth.

"It's good then" she smiled in delight at the compliment. She blinked when Donghae suddenly held chopsticks with tteobokki in front of .

"Say aaaah~" he said, waiting for her to open . At first, she was a bit shy, but when he kept on insisting to feed her, she had no option other than to open and receive the food Donghae fed her.

"Good girl" Donghae ruffled her hair and when he was about to feed himself the food again, to his surprise, chopsticks with tteobokki in between it, was held in front of his mouth and he directly blushed because of it.

"Say aaahh~" Minhee giggled afterwards as she copied his action earlier and Donghae laughed at it.

"You copy me" he stated.

She giggled. "That's why you have to open your mouth so I can feed you too~" she said.

Chuckling shyly, he then sheepishly opened his mouth, receiving the food she fed him.

"Good boy" she ruffled his hair, copying his action earlier, and with that, both of them exploded into laughter while Donghae blushed. That was when his eyes caught the ring he had given to her on her finger, and he couldn't be happier other than to see her wearing the ring everyday. Deep inside, he really wanted to thank her for that. He felt appreciated that she always wore it.

"You always wear that ring" he commented.

Minhee looked at the ring on her finger and smiled. "I've promised to the fan who gave me this ring to always wear it. So that I can make him happy" she said.

Donghae couldn't help but smile hearing what she had said. "Yes, I'm very happy" he smiled widely at her, couldn't hide his happiness, and not more than a few seconds after that, his smile instantly vanished from his face as he just realized what he had said.

"Huh? Why are you happy?" she looked at him questioningly.

Donghae froze. 'Aish! Pabo, pabo!' he cursed inside and as the result of that, an awkward smile plastered on his face. "Uhm..because I'm with you?" he said. That was an honest answer though.

Minhee chuckled shyly upon hearing that. "Why are you happy with me?" she playfully asked and Donghae replied playfully too, "Cos' you're cute" With that, shy laughter filled the room.

"You always wear that ring too" Minhee said once their laughter subsided.

Donghae had opened his mouth to reply when Minhee continued, "Oh, I forgot. You gave the same ring to someone you love, right? That's why you always wear it. Am I right?" she said with a bright smile of her, which took his breath away.

Donghae stared at her, amused at how foolish she was. 'You already know that our rings are similar yet you still have no idea that I'm the fan who gave you the ring? You still have no idea that someone I love is you?' Donghae said to himself though deep in his heart he really wanted to say that to her. But his mouth looked like it had been locked the moment he wanted to say those words to her.

"You're an idiot," Donghae said, sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter