A 'Good'bye

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day....

“Unnie...” Amber called out right after she came out of her bedroom and approached Minhee who was watching television in the living room with the other members.

“What?” Minhee asked as she tore her gaze away from the television and looked at Amber. Her eyebrows furrowed when Amber handed over her phone towards her. “What?” Minhee looked at Amber questioningly.

“Uhh...that...Kyuhyun oppa wants to talk to you,” Amber answered, sounding unusually nervous.

“Kyuhyun oppa?” Minhee was confused at first as to why Kyuhyun didn’t call her number but Amber’s. But then she remembered that she just changed her number after getting a new phone (her old phone lost, if you don’t remember) and not many knew her current phone number; only the members and managers.

Looking at the caller id, it was indeed Kyuhyun as she put the phone on her ear and absentmindedly eyed Amber walking quickly into her own room.

“Yeobuseyo?” She expected to hear Kyuhyun’s voice right after that but nope, there was no reply from the other line and that made her crease her eyebrows confusedly. “Yeobuseyo?”

Still, no response. The other members watched her talking on the phone curiously.

Minhee pulled the phone away from her ear and looked at the phone screen to see that he was still in the line. “Yeobuseyo? Kyuhyun oppa?”

“........”

“Oppa, why don’t you speak?”

“.........”

“Oppa?”

“.........”

“If you don’t want to say anything, I’m hanging up” she said, tired of waiting for a reply from the other line.

“Wait!” Finally, she got a response from Kyuhyun but then she noticed something. The voice that she just heard didn’t sound like Kyuhyun, yet it was familiar.

“Minhee ah....it’s me. Donghae” Upon hearing that, Minhee stiffened. “But please don’t hang up yet” he said quickly, too scared that Minhee would hang up before he could say something more – because this was the only opportunity for him to talk to her.

Minhee pulled the phone away from her ear and looked at the caller id then at the number phone that was written below it. The number was very familiar to her and that gave Minhee an idea that Amber had changed Donghae’s name to Kyuhyun’s name as the caller id so that she wouldn’t know that it was Donghae who was actually on the other line. She huffed and glared at the image of grinning Amber in her mind and back to the phone as she slowly put the phone back to her ear.

“What do you want?” she asked quietly as she got up from the couch and headed towards her room. She didn’t want the other members to hear her conversation with Donghae as she was pretty sure that they would be bickering on the phone.

“Minhee ah, listen. I’m sorry. I’m really, really sorry for what I’ve done to you. About what you saw, it’s really not like what you think. I―”

“Wait, wait. What I saw? What do you mean?” she asked though she somehow knew what he was talking about.

“I....I.....Y-Yoona”

“Why are you hesitating? You still don’t want to admit your mistake? You still don’t want to mention it even though you know about it?”

“Minhee ah, listen. I’m so stupid. I’m too stupid. I never thought about it. I never thought that that’s the reason why you wanted to end our relationship. It’s not that I don’t want to admit it but I didn’t expect that you would see us...” He continued blabbering and didn’t realize that his explanation only made it worse.

“Enough” Minhee said with her wavering voice, tears were threatening to fall from her eyes. “No matter how much you explain to me, it won’t change anything. We’ve nothing to do with each other anymore. We’ve broken up.” Right after that, she ended the call and plopped herself down onto the edge of the bed, tears started streaming down her cheeks.

“I hate you”

One week later....

“Donghae ah....” Eunhyuk called as soon as he entered the bedroom and sighed upon seeing Donghae still laying on his stomach while burying his face into the pillow, crying. It had been a few days he had been like this; spending almost all of his time crying, not including the days before he knew the reason behind Minhee’s sudden change towards him. Eunhyuk approached the crying boy and sat on the edge of the bed beside him.

“Yah, you should stop crying. It has been a few days since you ate anything. You should take care of your health, you know” Eunhyuk said softly, looking at his friend worriedly.

“I’ve hurt her so much. I feel so guilty” Donghae said in between sobs, his voice muffled in the pillow.

Eunhyuk only could sigh for the nth time. Donghae had told him everything and he only could conclude that Donghae was very stupid. If he was Donghae, the kiss between him and Yoona was the first thing he would think of after seeing Minhee act differently towards him. But Donghae had thought the opposite from him. Unfortunately.

“Well, Minhee texted me just now” Eunhyuk’s words made Donghae’s sobs practically stop as he turned his body to look at Eunhyuk, revealing his tear-stained face to the latter.

“What did she say?” Donghae asked curiously.

“She asked me if you would be free tomorr―”

“Why, why, why?” Donghae asked enthusiastically as he sprang up off the bed and looked at Eunhyuk with anticipation. His face brightened for the first time in these few weeks.

Eunhyuk clicked his tongue, annoyed. “Can you let me finish first?”

“Aish, ppali!” Donghae said impatiently.

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. “Since SMTOWN Concert is around the corner, so she wants to practice with you for your collaboration stage together.”

“When? Now?” Donghae was fully ready to get off the bed if Eunhyuk happened to answer ‘yes’.

“Tomorrow.”

Upon hearing that, Donghae’s face darkened a bit. “But...why did she text you? Why didn’t she ask me herself?”

“You know why,” Eunhyuk replied lazily. “I’ve checked your schedule and you will be free tomorrow morning. So good luck.”

Hearing the ‘good luck’ wish from Eunhyuk made Donghae suddenly feel nervous. Meeting Minhee tomorrow means he had to face her coldness that seemingly existed only for him. And he didn’t like it even one bit. But he knew he deserved it. However, there was still a spark of excitement inside his chest by the fact that he would meet her tomorrow. Yes, he missed her so much. And he must not let this chance (to explain everything to her) to be lost. He hoped everything would be fine tomorrow. He hoped he and Minhee would get back to how they normally were back then.

The next day came and Donghae was now making his way into SM building nervously. Once he stepped into the building, his steps paused once he saw Minhee standing in front of the elevator along with EXO, waiting for the elevator to open. After seeing her, he felt mixed feelings; nervous, worried, excited, happy. He quickened his steps towards her and the boys and when he finally reached them, the juniors including Minhee greeted and bowed at Donghae and Donghae also did the same to them, but his eyes fixed on Minhee (who stood beside him) who was looking at anywhere but him.

Then, came Sehun to his side, smiling meaningfully at him. “Chukhahae, hyung~” he said a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter