WGM Ep 5: Ice Cream Kiss??

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While her hair blown by the soft breeze, Minhee glanced at her watch to find it was already 4.15 pm in which it had been 15 minutes since she arrived at the park that they promised to meet each other. After a while waiting for Donghae just now, she managed to buy a chocolate-flavoured ice cream cone from the convenience store nearby the park so she could eat it while waiting for Donghae to arrive. While she was enjoying her ice cream on the bench, she eyed a few people who were jogging while inhaling fresh air there. There were also a few families having picnic on the green grass on the other side of the park, and what made her smile was, there were a few children, cute children, playing in the playground happily in front of her. How happy the children looked made her practically feel happy.

"Isn't that Minhee?"

"She's F(x)'s Minhee, right?"

"Omo! Minhee!"

Minhee, who was enjoying her ice-cream while watching the children in the playground, looked up in aninstant when she heard her name was mentioned for a few times. She flashed a smile at the three teenage girls who were walking passing by her and looked at her with admiration in their eyes.

'It's kinda embarrassing sitting here alone. Where's Donghae oppa, actually?' She looked around and found herself hadn't even seen Donghae's shadow anywhere yet. She sighed. 'Am I going to film alone today? Never mind. I still have my ice-cream with me' she thought as she continued eating the ice-cream and closed her eyes, enjoying every moment the ice-cream melted in .

Donghae looked around the park, searching for his wife. "Where's she?" he asked himself and his eyes sparkled the instant his eyes caught a glimpse of a familiar girl who wore a simple white t-shirt with blue jeans sitting on the bench in front of the playground not so far from him. "It must be her," he mumbled as he walked towards her slowly so that she wouldn't notice him. After getting a few steps away from her, he tip-toed towards her carefully before sheepishly hugging her from behind. "Yeobo!"

"Omo!" The ice cream she held almost fell from her grip out of shock. She then looked over her shoulder to see Donghae was grinning bashfully at her. "Oppa! You shocked me!" she scolded as she rubbed down her chest, calming herself down.

Donghae giggled as he pulled away and sat beside her on the bench. He then eyed Minhee eat the ice-cream and pouted. "Mwoya~ You didn't even wait for me to buy that ice-cream,"

"Who told you to be so late? Waiting for you made me hungry, you know," she jokingly chided.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you wait so long. The traffic was so busy just now. That's why I was late," Donghae told, feeling guilty for making Minhee wait for him earlier.

"It's okay. I was just joking. I didn't wait for you that long though. And look at my ice-cream, there is still a lot to be finished. That's mean you're not that late," she assured him. "You want some?" she offered him her ice-cream, holding it in front of his mouth.

"Uhm..it's okay," he rejected the offer shyly although deep inside, he really wanted to have an indirect kiss with her through the ice-cream.

"Why? You gross with my saliva?" She looked at him with a pained expression.

Donghae laughed. "Aniyo!" he denied and when he saw her facial expression, he sighed softly. "Fine. Just say you really want to have an indirect kiss with me." He managed to flash her a teasing smile briefly and also managed catching her confused face before he leaned in and ate the ice cream that was still being held in front of his mouth.

"What do you mean by...i-indirect kiss?" Her voice became super low when she mentioned the last two words but loud enough to be heard by Donghae.

"Simple. When we eat the same part of this ice cream, that means we're having a kiss - indirect kiss. Simple, right?" He chuckled shyly after explaining to her about that ridiculously indirect kiss, while Minhee laughed sheepishly and blushed hearing what he just said.

"Since we did kiss indirectly, shall we...kiss for real too?" Donghae playfully requested.

"W-What??" She seemed a bit shocked at his request before a light pink tinted her cheeks. "We've kissed many times already though," she darted her gaze to the ice cream in her hand and then she ate it. How she ate it while blushing, made her look so cute, making Donghae look at her in admiration.

Donghae was admiring her cuteness without blinking his eyes when he suddenly burst into laughter. Minhee looked up at him and shot him a confused look.

"What?" she asked cluelessly.

Instead of answering, he pointed at her while laughing his heart out and Minhee blinked in confusion.

"Oppa, what? Why are you laughing?" She asked again.

Donghae laughed a little more and when his laughter subsided, he suddenly leaned forward (to Minhee's shock). Slowly. While gazing at her lips. And that made Minhee's heart start pounding in her chest. She found herself difficult to breathe when his face reached right in front of hers. And what made her become more difficult to breath was at how Donghae's gaze kept gluing on her lips. Only god knows how fast her heart beat right then. I-Is he going to k-kiss— She furrowed her brows slightly when she saw him reaching his hand out towards her face and the next thing she knew, he was gently wiping her lips clean from the chocolate stains using his thumb.

Minhee blinked, still processing what was happening, looking at Donghae with a still shocked expression. It took her a while to realize what he was doing, until she found him the thumb he had used to wipe her lips earlier, cleaning it from the chocolate stains that had been on just now. And that was when she felt blood rushing up to her cheeks.

"You were so messy," he chuckled and Minhee only smiled in embarrassment while eating the ice-cream carefully (so that her lips wouldn't be messy like just now). They then remained silent in awkwardness over what had happened just now until Donghae broke the silence, "To be honest, when I looked at your messy lips just now, it reminded me of Secret Garden's cappuccino kiss" Donghae said before chuckling shyly.

It took her for a while to understand what he just meant and when realization hit her, a rosy blush immediately formed on her cheeks. "Mwoya~" she smacked him on the arm lightly and laughed shyly.

Donghae chuckled. "I think if you did it again, I'll really do it like in the drama" he teased. "But it wouldn't be a cappuccino kiss, but ice cream kiss"

Minhee looked at him with wide eyes in response, blushing harder. "What are you talking about~? Ah, jebal" she whined sheepishly at his teases.

Donghae giggled. "But seriously, though, I'm not joking" he teased again.

Minhee pouted and glanced at him in dissatisfaction, having no idea that her face expression also could give Donghae various ideas to .

"If you're pouting like that, I won't wait until your mouth gets messy" he said teasingly for the umpteenth time already. 

The blush she had got earlier still hadn't faded away yet, yet Donghae got her blushing again, making her cheeks get redder than before. "Oppa~" she whined again, slightly frowning and Donghae only replied to her with laughter. "You really love teasing me, don't you?" she playfully glared at him while he kept on laughing. She then carefully ate the ice-cream so that her lips wouldn't get any stain of chocolate anymore - so that 'ice cream kiss' would never happen like how Donghae hoped. To be honest, she felt uneasy to eat the ice cream right now after 'ice cream kiss' was brought up. But what could she do? She was hungry!

"Did you watch our first episode yesterday?" Minhee asked after they remained silent for a moment - after Donghae got enough laughing his heart out for teasing her earlier.

"Neh. You?" Donghae asked her back.

"I watched it too" she replied. "There's the part where you got a mission to find your wife, right?" 

He chuckled a little before answering, "Neh."

Minhee frowned at him. "Why are you laughing?" 

"Huh?? Aniyo" he denied then looked ahead watching the children playing in the playground with a meaningful smile plastered on his lips.

Minhee scoffed. "You must be thinking of Jiyeon right now, right?" she said, there was a hint of jealousy in her voice.

The name she just mentioned caught Donghae's attention as he turned his head instantly to look at her. "What?" The look he gave her looked like he was quietly asking her for explanation as to why she mentioned Jiyeon's name all of a sudden.

"Among Suzy, Jiyeon and Taemin, you seemed so disappointed when you found out Jiyeon wasn't your wife," Minhee said based on what she had watched on their first WGM's episode that had been broadcasted yesterday.

"Aniyo. I wasn't disappointed," Donghae denied.

"Don't lie. Look. You're blushing" She pouted, pointing at his light pink cheeks and lightly poked it with her index finger, which made Donghae's heart flutter a little.

"A-Aniyo" He still denied despite his cheeks turning redder than before which was caused by just her simple action. He was oblivious that Minhee turned to be stiff because of her own action towards him and he froze when he suddenly felt her fingers barely touch his cheek and lightly trailed down her fingers on his cheek, softly. He looked at her in the eyes along with his racing heart and found her gaze slowly averted to his eyes from hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter