WGM Ep 12: HAEpy Birthday

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhee woke up from a deep slumber when Donghae was in the bathroom inside the room. Remembering that Donghae would be going to his schedule after this, she quickly got off the bed and walked out of the room heading to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for him. 

She just toasted a loaf of bread and was about to put jam on it when she heard footsteps rushing downstairs.

"Yeobo! I need to go now!" Donghae said as he passed by the kitchen while clumsily putting on a jacket on his torso.

"Wait!" Minhee rushed towards him with the toasted bread in her hand and Donghae immediately stopped in his tracks right in front of the entrance of the kitchen. She was going to hand the bread to him but as his hands were busy with the jacket and because she wanted to help him with it, she didn't have any option but to bite the edge of the bread and hold it with as she helped put on the jacket for him. Her action made Donghae stop whatever he was doing as a small smile curled up on his lips. That was until his eyes caught the bread that she held with and a cheeky idea immediately popped out in his mind.

Minhee was engrossed fixing his jacket to make it look neat on his torso when the next thing she knew, Donghae was leaning his face forward and took a full bite of the other edge of the bread. His action made her eyes widen in shock and how close his face was from hers made her heart almost stop beating.

Once he pulled away, he flashed her a shy smile as he chewed the bread in his mouth somewhat happily. Meanwhile, Minhee was still frozen in her position with her cheeks flushed red. She thought, after his shocking action, he would immediately leave for his schedule, but no. Instead, he leaned in again then bit another part of the bread as the bread was still held in between . In result, the tip of their noses shortly touched and that made Minhee blush harder.

"I'm hungry" Donghae stated in the middle of chewing the bread in his mouth after he pulled away, his cheeks blushing at his own silly action. He was obviously having fun doing that as he leaned in again, for the third time, to take a bite of the bread again. But that wasn't the last time as he kept leaning in and taking a bite of the bread until only the area of the bread near her lips left. After that, he pulled away and laughed shyly while Minhee was still stiffened in her position before slowly started chewing the leftover bread that was left by Donghae. Donghae looked over at his wristwatch and gasped once he found he was late.

"W-Wae?" she asked questioningly.

"I'm gonna be late. Need to go now, yeobo! Bye!" Before he left, he gave her a hug and the moment she thought he was going to leave quickly, there he was puckering his lips playfully, asking for a kiss. Minhee blinked in shock in response before a deep blush painted her cheeks.

"Mwoya~ You're going to be late. Hurry up and go" she lightly pushed him away and Donghae laughed it off. Then he hurriedly made his way to the door and Minhee followed behind to send him off up until the door. As Donghae was about to enter the company car that had his manager waiting for him inside it, suddenly he turned around and looked at Minhee who was watching him leaving at the door.

"Thanks for the breakfast just now, yeobo!" he said teasingly then waved towards her with a shy smile of his before he hopped into the car. 

Minhee blushed upon remembering back what had happened just now and didn't say anything but only waved at him until the car disappeared from her sight. After she got inside the house back, she decided to wake the others up as they needed to prepare for Donghae's birthday party that would be held in the house since Donghae would be coming back to the house after his schedules were over. And they needed to hurry before Donghae came.

As expected, it was not easy to wake them up. It took Minhee about half an hour to bring them out of their dreamland. After they all had woken up, they all got ready then gathered in the living room. They had discussed everything about their plan for Donghae's birthday surprise last night including about them being divided into groups for each task; Victoria, Minhee and Luna were in charge of the ingredients for Donghae's birthday cake. Sulli, Krystal and Amber were in charge of the ingredients of foods that they would be cooking later. Meanwhile the boys were given a task to buy decorations to decorate the house with a  birthday party theme.

Without wasting any time, they made their way out of the house as the girls and boys hopped into two different cars and directly drove off to the mall. Once they arrived at the mall, each group that had been formed split in different ways to do their own tasks and they did that in a hurry so that they would make it on time. After a few hours in the shopping mall, they finally came back home along with the things they had bought at the mall and instantly busy preparing for the party. The girls were all in the kitchen preparing the foods while the boys were given a task to decorate the house. Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk were decorating the house into a birthday party theme while Leeteuk and Heechul were blowing balloons up. They did their tasks in a rush since it wouldn’t be long until Donghae came back. They all were showing good cooperation.

After a few hours, foods such as seaweed soup (specially made for Donghae since it was his birthday), kimchi stew, spicy chicken were all done and served on the dining table. Since the dining table was located in the living room, so the girls took the opportunity to look at what the boys had been doing while serving the foods on the table. And they ended up having their jaws dropped upon seeing the new side of the living room which looked cheerful after being decorated with colorful balloons and other colorful props.

"Woahh!" the girls echoed in amazement while looking around the living room. "You guys did a good job!" They applauded for the boys.

Hearing all the compliments made the boys smile smugly.

"Well, don't underestimate handsome men like us~" Heechul said proudly.

"And don't think all men don't know how to decorate a house~" It was Eunhyuk's turn to say proudly.

The girls only chuckled at them in response while shaking their heads in amusement.

"What did you guys cook?" Leeteuk asked as he approached the dining table along with the other boys. "Whoaa!" they cooed upon seeing the foods on the table and unconsciously their lips in hunger.

"Ah! Seeing these foods made me hungry" Eunhyuk said while rubbing his growling stomach.

"Oh, is that the birthday cake?" Heechul pointed at the chocolate cake on the dining table.

"Neh" Minhee replied.

"Huh? You said you wanted to make it yourself?" Heechul looked at her confusedly.

Minhee blinked. "Yes. And I'm the one who made it"

"You made it? You mean, this cake?" Heechul looked at her with wide eyes.

Minhee simply nodded in reply.

"Seriously? I thought you bought it. How can you make such a beautiful cake like this?" Heechul looked at Minhee and the cake back and forth in amazement.

Minhee smiled at the compliment. "Since I don't have that creamy thingy people usually put on the cake, so I just put Kit Kat and candies as decorations of the cake. It's not that difficult though"

"Whoaa! You're really creative!" Heechul showed thumbs up to her while his other hand slowly made its way to one of the colorful, tempting candies that were surrounding the cake. As his hand was just an inch away from it, Luna who noticed it immediately slapped his hand away, earning a groan from the latter.

"Don't try to steal it, oppa" Luna looked at him threateningly.

"Aniyo! How could you accuse a person as beautiful as me for stealing? I was just about to take it, not steal it!" Heechul said defensively.

"Can these candies be eaten?" Kyuhyun who appeared from nowhere suddenly asked while pointing at the candies on the cake.

"Of course" Minhee replied, somehow amused at the question.

"Ahh" Nodding lightly, Kyuhyun tried to respond calmly despite his fluttering heart. "Uhm . . . perhaps . . . can you make a cake for my upcoming birthday too?" He didn't know what had come over him until he had a ball to ask such a question. But still he was curious over her answer. He didn't notice that Heechul, who was standing beside him, was looking at him as if he was nuts right now.

"Sure!" Minhee answered without hesitation. That immediately brought a smile to Kyuhyun's face.

"Mwoya? You just sounded like....flirting. Your birthday has a long way to go though" Heechul blurted out, looking at the younger in amusement.

Kyuhyun, who started to get flustered, waved his hands off vigorously, denying. "Aniyo! What do you think you're talking about?" he grumbled, didn't dare to look at Minhee nor the other girls who were looking at him teasingly right now.

"Omo, why are you blushing?" Heechul looked more amused than before.

"A-Ani...."

"Guys, I think Donghae has arrived," Eunhyuk interrupted. With that, they all went silent and the sound of a car entering the yard became clear to their ears. They started to get flustered.

"Yah, put candles on the cake!"

"Yah, where's the lighter?!"

"This!"

"Yah, hurry up! He's coming!"

Meanwhile, Donghae who was clueless of what was awaiting him inside the house, calmly got out of the car and walked to the door of the house.

Soon after he opened the door...

 

"SURPRISE!!"

 

Donghae blinked in shock, looking at all of them who were standing in front of the door (including Minhee who was holding the birthday cake she had made especially for him) with wide eyes. Before he c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter