Officially

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’ve worked hard” Donghae and Minhee bowed to every crew member who was packing up their stuff after the filming of WGM was over. Since it was their last day in filming the show, they properly bid farewell to the crews and blushed once there were some of the crews complimenting them as a cute couple and there were some of them who teased them for dating in real life. The fact that the tease was indeed true (ever since a few minutes ago) made the new real couple blushed harder while shyly denying it.

“So....you will go home with your manager?” Donghae asked Minhee a bit shyly after they were done bidding goodbye to the crews and stood a bit far from them.

“Neh. My manager told me to call him if the filming has ended so that he would pick me up” she replied, a bit shyly as well.

“Ahh” Donghae nodded lightly then rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. Since he and Minhee were in a new stage of relationship right now, he felt a little shy and awkward with her – so did Minhee. “Shall I....send you home? I came here alone with my car, so I can send you home if you want” he offered, hoping that she would agree to it.

“Sure” she immediately agreed and her answer brought a smile to Donghae’s face.

“Kaja,” he said and was about to take her hand in his but cancelled his intent at the thought that the crews might see them. In result, he only ended up walking by her side awkwardly as they made their way out of the restaurant and then headed to where his car was parked at.

Once they were in the car which was driven by Donghae, an awkward silence filled the atmosphere between them as what had happened when they were still filming WGM earlier replayed in their mind; about Minhee’s unexpected love confession and about the kiss they just shared together. There were moments where they stole a glance towards each other whether at the same time or not. And when their eyes met, they immediately looked away with a shy smile accompanying their lips.

“Uhm...Minhee ah. Can I....ask you something?” Donghae suddenly voiced out, breaking the silence.

“Sure. What is it?” she answered.

“Uhh....did you really mean what you said earlier?” he asked cautiously. As much as he was confident that she was really sharing the same feelings with him, but still, there was a doubt for the possibility that she only said those three words to him just for the sake of the show. Well, maybe he was thinking too much but still he needed to make sure himself that what he was thinking was wrong and the only way to make himself sure was by asking her that and hearing her answer. And most importantly, they weren’t filming right then so there would be no doubt that whatever she was saying after this was just for the sake of the show.

“What I said? Which one?” she asked though she somehow knew what he was talking about.

“Well, you know…when you said…you love me,” he said, sounding so shy when uttering the last three words.

“Why are you asking me that? You thought I meant it?” she wore a confused look as she looked at him to see his reaction. She refrained herself from smiling yet she couldn't deny that a guilt crept inside her heart when she witnessed his smile slowly fade away.

“S-So you said that just for the filming?” He couldn’t hide disappointment that enveloped his voice.

“Of course.”

“Ahh, I thought you really love me,” he muttered under his breath disappointedly. He had kissed her when they were still filming earlier because he had really thought she loved him. But unfortunately, he was wrong. She had said those three words to him because of nothing more than just for the sake of the show.

“You’re right” Minhee suddenly said. Her words caught his attention as he shifted his gaze from the road and looked at her.

“Huh?”

“You’re right” she repeated and met his eyes. “I admit I said that I love you for the sake of the show. But I never say I didn’t mean it” she looked at him to see his reaction and found him looking confused (while paying attention to the road as if trying to register each of her words into his mind). “In other words, I did that for the sake of the show and at the same time I meant it. I really love you, oppa. Not as a virtual husband or brother or whatever you can think of but as someone who has stolen a special spot in my heart” she added, sincerely.

Upon hearing those three words from her again, he instantly turned to her with his sparkled eyes. And when she continued speaking afterwards, he felt very happy upon hearing it and relieved and touched at the same time. He had opened his mouth to say something when he heard her say something else.

“Will you be my boyfriend, oppa?”

That took him by surprise before a smile slowly formed on his lips. “W-What?” He couldn't help but laugh shyly which joined by the embarrassed Minhee later on.

“Mwoya~ I’m the one who’s supposed to say something like that to you, you know,” he said once he had stopped laughing while his gaze fixed on the road, too shy to face Minhee who was face-palming herself in embarrassment right then. “Ahh, I’m so happy,” he added in a whisper, smiling widely in content, his face flushed red.

“So....? What’s your answer?” she sheepishly reminded him about her proposal earlier.

Donghae chuckled a little. “You know my answer,” he replied then looked at her. “I can’t stop loving you. How can I say ‘no’?”

A wide smile graced on her lips upon hearing his words even though it was a little bit cheesy for her. “So, are we.....together now?” she asked shyly.

“Of course!” Donghae immediately said, couldn’t contain his happiness. He then sheepishly took her hand from her lap and squeezed it gently while his other hand held the steering wheel. He broke his gaze from the road and shyly turned to the blushing Minhee. “Gomawo.”

“For what?” she asked, confused.

“For loving me. After you rejected me that day, I thought I’d never have a chance to be with you. I thought I’d never have a chance to make you love me. I’m very happy and thankful.”

She smiled softly at him. “I’m the one who should thank you. You've changed me a lot, oppa. You made me believe in love. You opened my heart for love, to love, to be loved. You made me believe that a person like me can be in love. I thought love doesn't exist for me, but I was wrong. Love actually exists for me and it's your love. Gomawo,” she said sincerely and red blush immediately climbed her cheeks when Donghae suddenly brought her hand that he held up to his lips and kissed it.

“I love you”

“I love you too”

Donghae smiled from ear to ear after hearing those three words again from her. For the fifth time. Yeah, he counted it down since it was unexpectedly very meaningful to him. It wasn’t that it was easy to hear her say those words to him before. Which he assumed he would hear it more often after this.

Then he paid his attention back to his driving and a smile still plastered on his face as he was driving while having Minhee’s hand in one of his. Now that they were officially together, he felt like he was the happiest person in this world – so did Minhee. It had been years since he waited for this moment to come and his patience for loving her was repaid when she eventually shared the same feeling with him. After two years. But then, a question popped out from his mind.

“How come you love me now?”

“Neh?”

Seeing her look confused, he tried to explain, “I mean, after I confessed to you that day, I was sure you didn’t feel the same way as me. But now....why...how...?”

Even though his question wasn’t completed, Minhee somehow could still understand what he was trying to say.

“Actually, I’ve been feeling the same way as you even before the day you confessed to me,” Minhee’s words made Donghae look at her in surprise. “But, because I didn’t believe in love, I closed my heart for love, that’s why I didn’t realize my feelings for you. Thanks to the members, they made me realize my feelings for you. If it’s not because of them, I guess even until now I’d be clueless about it”

There was a silence for a brief second before Donghae spoke, “Ahh, I think I should thank them later. If it’s not because of them, I don’t think I’d be this happy right now” He then smiled at her before he turned his gaze to the road back. Then, they were silent for a moment with a smile attached to their lips, silently enjoying each other’s companion while holding each other’s hands. That was, until Minhee broke the silence.

“Oppa, since when did you like me?”

"Since when, huh? If I told you, you'd be really shocked," he looked at her briefly before looking back on the road.

Minhee looked at him with curiosity.

"I started to like you even before we did WGM together. About two years ago, maybe."

"I know about that two years thingy. But how?"

Donghae looked at her questioningly. "You know it?"

Realizing he still didn't know that she knew about it, she decided to tell him. "Actually, when we were in our honeymoon before, I unintentionally heard what you said when I was sleeping."

Her words reminded him about what he had said to the sleeping Minhee at the time. He froze. "Y-You didn't sleep at that time?" he stared at her in shock.

"I slept. But I awoke when you said something like you were a coward and all because you only could say 'I love you' when we were filming. Well, something like that," she told and Donghae froze even more.

"D-Does that mean you knew my feelings for you ever since then? Even before I confessed to you? Even before my birthday," he looked at her in shock.

"Neh," she chuckled.

"Maldo andwae," Donghae stared at her in disbelief until Minhee reminded him to focus on his driving.

"So now, tell me. When did you start liking me?" she asked her previous question back.

“Actually, I started liking you when we did a show together. You know the show where we were in the same team along with Eunhyuk and Gyuri,” Donghae replied.

“Really?” She seemed shocked at what he just told her. “That’s why you chose me as your partner at the end of the show?”

Donghae nodded.

“Oh my god. That’s s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter