WGM Ep 5: Namsan Tower Date

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The journey to Namsan Tower started with a ride on a Namsan cable car. When they were riding a cable car, the blue sky already turned dark where the sunny day had been replaced with a cold night accompanied with a moon and stars in the sky.

"Woahh! It's beautiful!" Minhee exclaimed as she looked down at the beautiful scenery of Seoul from the cable car they rode that was heading slowly towards Namsan Tower. Seeing the darkened landscape and the bright lights of the buildings, it looked simply amazing.

Donghae, who was attracted to what Minhee had said, looked down at the scenery too. He gasped softly when he found how far up they were from the ground.

"Aren't you afraid?" Donghae asked as he avoided his eyes from looking down there ever again but on the floor.

"Of course I'm afraid, but the beautiful view down there makes me forget we are in the middle of air," Minhee replied as her eyes never left the beautiful view below. She darted her gaze from the night view to Donghae when she felt him holding her hand tighter plus how cold his hand was. "Are you afraid?" she asked while a naughty smile crept across her lips as she found he kept on staring onto the floor.

"Aniyo! What makes you think like that?" Donghae denied almost immediately as he glanced at her then looked down on the floor back.

"If you aren't afraid, you should look down there. It's beautiful, you know," Minhee said.

Donghae just froze glueing his gaze on the shoes he wore, didn't dare to look out the cable car.

Minhee giggled. "You're so cute," she looked at him with a glint of adoration in her eyes, while Donghae blushed at her words, making him look cuter in Minhee's sight. After that, she averted her gaze back outside of the cable car and ended up having her eyes sparkled.

"Omo, oppa! Look at that!" Minhee exclaimed in glee as she pointed her index finger at somewhere.

"I don't want to."

"Aniyo. Not down there, but up there."

Minhee's words made Donghae look up and his gaze followed where she was pointing at. His eyes ended up sparkling like Minhee's when he saw a full moon and twinkling stars up in the sky.

"Whoaa!" he cooed in awe as he looked at the beautiful sky admiringly. Somehow, they ended up singing the song 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' like happy kids together and giggled once they finished singing it.

"We're like little kids in some drama where they are childhood friends and always be together." That was what coming from the drama-maniac, none other than Minhee. She obviously had watched so many dramas until she could relate the situation she was in right now with the drama she had watched.

Donghae frowned slightly. "Aniyo. We're like kids in some drama who like each other and always spend time together since their childhood time until they grow up and end up getting married with each other, like us now. After that, they get a child and live until ever after. Talking about child, I wonder when we will get our baby. It has been over a month since we got married, though," He smiled cheekily at her while she laughed shyly in response.

"I knew it you'll say something like that," she said.

"I can't wait to have a baby. Who would our child resemble? You or me? I think, if our baby is a girl, she should resemble you so she could be as pretty as her omma. And if our baby is a boy, he should resemble me so he could be as handsome as me." Donghae said dreamily.

Minhee chuckled at his dreamy statement. "Mwoya~ You said that as if I'm pregnant right now." 

"You will, soon"

She chuckled shyly as she smacked him lightly on the arm, while Donghae giggled. After that, they went silent, smiling like idiots while looking up in the sky.

"People said if a night has a full moon, that means..." Donghae said suddenly and paused before finishing his words. He turned to her and gave her a serious look.

"What is it?" Minhee asked curiously.

"Ghost..." he was kind of whispering and laughed when Minhee instantly grasped his arm tight, terrified. 

"Hajima (Stop it)!" she said in fear.

Donghae continued laughing at her and at the same time he loved it that Minhee held his arm that tight.

"Afraid of ghosts is more terrible than afraid of heights, you know," he teased.

"Tsk!" That was what Minhee only responded as she glared at him, her hands still in his arm though - she didn't dare to let go as she was scared if there would be something pop out between both of them. Oh, she and her ridiculous imagination.

After a while, they arrived at the destination and they managed to take some selcas before getting out of the cable car. Then, they headed to where love locks (the popular destination in Namsan Tower for couples) located.

As soon as they arrived at the love locks location, they were stunned and amazed at how many padlocks were locked at the fences. There were no people there at the time except both of them and the crews of WGM. They walked towards all the locks and read some of them one by one. Most of them were romantic, making them unknowingly smile reading them.

"Shall we write ours?" Donghae started off.

Minhee looked at him and smiled. "Neh"

"Let's buy our lock first" Donghae said as he took Minhee's hand in his and brought her to the counter to buy their padlock.

After a few minutes, they came back along with a big love-shaped padlock, a key and a marker. They then sat on the bench which sloped in the center that made them fall to each other when they sat down. They giggled after that.

"What should we write down here?" Donghae asked.

"Uhmm..." Minhee hummed, thinking, as she put a finger on her chin. The simple yet cute action of her made Donghae unknowingly smile. "Let's just write 'Min <3 Hae' The cutest and sweetest couple in the universe' ," she blurted out what she had on her mind and that got Donghae laughing. Realizing what she just said and Donghae was laughing at her, she chuckled in embarrassment.

"Don't you think we would look full of ourselves if we wrote it down here?" Donghae commented and chuckled.

"Really?" she giggled.

"I think I have an idea" Donghae suddenly said after they were silent for a moment as they were thinking of what they were going to write on the padlock. "What if we write like what you said just now; 'Min <3 Hae' , on the front and our personal wish to each other on the back?" he suggested.

"Okay" she nodded in agreement.

Then, Donghae started writing down what he had suggested just now on the padlock and when he was done with it, it was time for them to write their personal wishes on the back of the padlock. With that, Donghae handed over the padlock and the marker he held to Minhee and Minhee took it from him and started to be in deep thoughts, thinking over what would be her wish for both of them. Little did she know, Donghae was staring at her throughout the time, quietly admiring her beautiful side-view. And he found himself falling harder with her without he even could control it.

After thinking for a while, she started writing something on the padlock and when Donghae tried to look at it, she covered what she had written with a hand. "You can't see it yet," she complained.

"Fine," Donghae pouted as he scooted away and looked ahead, didn't look at her. To be honest, he was curious with what she was writing down there, but it was okay for him if she didn't want him to look at it yet, because he knew he'd still see it soon.

Minhee continued writing, with a hand hiding what she had written from being seen by Donghae. "I'm done" she said after a while.

"What did you write?" Donghae asked as his eyes landed on her handwriting on the padlock.

"'Let's get a baby girl, jagi~'," She said what she had written on the padlock before burying her face under her palms hiding her flushed cheeks.

INTERVIEW ROOM

Minhee: To be honest, I really didn't know what to write. I didn't want to make it so cheesy and at the same time I didn't want to make it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter