SMTOWN Concert in Tokyo

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day the fans in Tokyo had been waiting for had finally arrived. SMTOWN Concert, like the other previous ones, got such an overwhelming support from fans there and huge support from fans could be proved just by hearing their scream throughout the concert. So far, TVXQ, SNSD, BoA and SHINee had performed and now it was Super Junior's turn to perform.

After Super Junior's performance ended, they went back to the backstage only to be greeted by F(x) as it was the girls' turn to perform. All the members of both groups high-fived each other while saying encouraging words to each other as they walked from the opposite direction of each other. Donghae, who was the last one to high-five them, stole a glance at Minhee, who was also standing the most behind among the other members. Surprisingly for him, their eyes met even though just for a second, before she quickly broke the brief eye-contact and looked down on the floor. The event from the last few weeks replayed in their mind and ever since that day, they were officially over.

After a while, it was Donghae's turn as the last one to high-five them. F(x) members took his high-five like how they did to the other boys, but the difference was, deep inside, they were worried about Minhee. After Amber, who was standing before Minhee, had high-fived Donghae, they all eyed Minhee anxiously while making their way to the stage, not waiting for her.

Meanwhile, Donghae looked at her, debating with himself if he wanted to high-five her or not. But, finding her only gazing down on the floor without looking at him and walking away to the stage following the fellow members, he knew she didn't want to. Donghae pursed his lips and he had to admit that he was disappointed. But he had to accept it no matter what. Hadn't he had promised her that he wouldn't disturb her anymore? And he also had said to her that he had let her go, which means he had given up on her. Well, and yes, he couldn't take his words back. He had to accept the fact that they were over. Even though it really hurt and was difficult for him to do so.

Right after F(x) got into the stage, their recent song started to be played in the background. They started dancing to the rhythm of the song and that was when Minhee caught a few fanboards that were held by some fans which had 'MinHae' written on it. Those fanboards which were supposed to bring happiness brought sorrow to her heart – she felt bad for the fans who thought that ‘MinHae’ were dating when actually they weren’t anymore. When her part came and she started singing, suddenly someone shouted 'MinHae' from the crowd.

The shout was so loud. It disturbed her. The 'MinHae' name disturbed her. How she really wanted to tell them that ‘MinHae’ were no longer dating at the time. It really disturbed her until she unconsciously made some mistakes in the choreography. But upon realizing it, she immediately corrected her step back and her dance steps finally became sync back with the other members.

And her second part came. She sang her part as usual and her eyes then caught more fanboards which had 'MinHae' written on it. Her heart felt like it was pricked with a needle. It was weird that the name could give her that feeling, but she really hated that name at the moment. She hated to see it, to hear it. She just really wished everyone who held those 'MinHae' fanboards just hid it at least from her and she also wished that no one would shout 'MinHae' after this. But hope is just hope. She heard that name one more time. Nope, two more times, three, four― her sight suddenly became blurry, her head felt dizzy, and she felt―

BLANK.

The sound of gasps from fans could be heard once Minhee suddenly collapsed on the stage, fainted. Other F(x)'s members were also shocked as they immediately stopped dancing and rushed towards the unconscious Minhee to help her, leaving their song to be played in the background alone.  

 

After the news of Minhee had fainted on the stage was spread out among the people in the backstage, almost all SM artists rushed over to F(x)'s waiting room to visit Minhee who was still unconscious on the couch. However, the concert was still going on as Red Velvet was performing at the time. The fellow F(x) could've just woken Minhee up right then, but they didn't want to as they wanted to let Minhee take a rest. They knew what she had gone through lately and they pitied her for that.

After a while, SM artists who visited Minhee became decreased and decreased until only F(x) was left in the waiting room. They all were silent as they watched the unconscious Minhee apologetically when suddenly their eyes caught someone opening the door of their waiting room slightly and peeked inside the room through the ajar-door.

"Donghae oppa?" Amber guessed. As soon after that, the door was opened wider revealing Donghae who was grinning awkwardly at them. They just realized that Donghae hadn’t visited Minhee along with other Super Junior’s members earlier.

"Is she alright?" Donghae asked, talking about Minhee. Even to visit her (even though he knew she was still unconscious) needed him to gather some courage. And he assumed he had enough courage that he was there now, at their waiting room.

"She still hasn't got conscious yet. You can come in if you want, though," Victoria said.

Donghae hesitantly came into the room and closed the door behind him then watched Minhee from afar nearby the door.

"Why are you standing so far?" Luna looked at him in amusement. "It's not like she'll bite you if she gets conscious," she managed to crack a joke.

"Ani…I'm just scared she'd get more sickened if she saw me," he replied, smiling bitterly.

"Aniyo~ What are you talking about?" the girls denied.

Though, Donghae still didn’t move and stood still nearby the door, looking at Minhee from afar.

"Uh, oppa. Can I ask for your help?" Victoria asked out of sudden.

"What is it?" he asked with raised eyebrows.

"I just remember that Changmin and Yunho oppa asked us to help them with something in their waiting room. Can you help us take care of Minhee for a while?" Victoria's words made the other girls look at her in confusion. She gave a meaningful gaze to them then smiled widely to Donghae. 

"But..." he hesitated.

"Please~" Victoria clasped her hands, begging in a cute way. The others, who somehow knew what Victoria was up to, mimicked her action and words.

Donghae was silent, hesitated to agree to them. But looking at how hopeful they were, he finally nodded. "Okay"

"Thanks, oppa!" they chirped in unison happily.

"Can we go now?" Victoria asked, couldn’t hide the excitement that enveloped her voice.

"Okay" Donghae cluelessly replied. With that, the girls made their way out of the room after thanking him for the umpteenth time. Little did he know, after they all got out of the room, they high-fived to one another triumphantly.

Donghae stiffened, still didn't move from his position, as he stared at Minhee from afar. After a minute, he eventually stepped a step forward, approaching her, and ended up slowly approaching her more until he stood before the couch Minhee was laying on. He then knelt down on the floor and stared at her pale face apologetically. He could feel tears started forming in his eyes as one of his hands slowly reached over her hair, it tenderly.

“I miss you so much” he whispered, blinking back the tears that were threatening to fall. “How can you get sick like this? I always told you to take care of yourself, right?” His voice was wavering at the end as tears started to roll down his cheeks. “Am I the reason why you get sick like this?” he paused as if waiting for her to answer him. He sniffed before he spoke again. “I’m sorry I’ve hurt you a lot.” He hung his head low as tears streamed down his cheeks heavily and draped down on his laps. He cried silently there for a while, totally couldn’t control his tears from flowing.

After his tears seemed to subside, he wiped his tears off his cheeks with the back of his hands and placed his hands back on her hair, then he spoke, "I love you. Don't be sick again. You make me worry…” He wanted to speak more but then his eyes caught a tear trickling down from the corner of her eye. He froze in his position, his heart beating faster.

‘S-She’s awake? S-She heard what I just said?’ he thought and stared at he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter