Suspicious

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is not a WGM chapter.

 

"Omma, isn't that Minhee?" Cho Ara, Kyuhyun's sister, said loudly to her mom, Mrs Cho, who was preparing for their dinner in the kitchen.

Right after hearing Minhee's name was mentioned, Mrs Cho directly ran to the living room just to see Minhee on the television. "Omo, Minhee! It's been a long time since I met her. I miss her so much," Mrs Cho said as she sat next to her daughter on the sofa. "Oh? Isn't that guy Donghae? What show is this? Why only both of them in this show?" Mrs Cho asked cluelessly as her eyes glued on the television, watching Minhee and Donghae.

A/N: Kyuhyun's mom and sister were watching the first episode of MinHae's WGM. Their first episode was broadcasted after a month.

"I thought you knew about Minhee and Donghae getting married in WGM," Ara said, sounding like a question.

"WGM? We Got Married? Minhee and Donghae?" Mrs Cho asked in shock.

Ara nodded vigorously in reply.

Mrs Cho's expression instantly changed to a disappointed one. "Why Donghae? Why didn't they cast Kyuhyun instead?" she said disappointedly.

"Omma, everyone ships MinHae nowadays. But you ship Minhee and Kyuhyun. Mwoya..." Ara complained.

Mrs Cho ignored Ara's complaint as she was deep in her thoughts. 'Kyuhyun must've been frustrated when he found out about this.' Her anxiety towards her son flamed up as she grabbed her phone on the coffee table in front of her and started to dial up Kyuhyun's number.

Ara turned to her mom. "Who do you call, omma?"

"Kyuhyun," answered Mrs. Cho briefly.

After a while, Kyuhyun's voice could be heard over the phone.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Yeoboseyo. Kyuhyun-ah!"

"Oh neh, omma."

"What are you doing right now?"

"Playing game. Why do you call me, omma?"

Ignoring his question, Mrs Cho asked, "Are you okay?"

"Neh?? Of course I'm okay. Wae, omma?"

"Uhm...are you sure you are okay?"

There was no answer from Kyuhyun for a moment, maybe he was confused over the question given to him. "Why are you asking this, omma?" His voice filled with confusion.

"Ani. It's just..I heard Minhee and Donghae are paired up in WGM. I just wonder if you're okay with it?"

Once again, Kyuhyun went silent. But this time, it was not because of confusion but because he didn't know what to answer. He didn't even know the answer. Was he okay?

After a moment of silence, his laughter (or more like a fake laughter) was heard. "Of course I'm okay, omma. Why? Do you think I like her?" he 'laughed' again after saying that, trying to hide the bitter tone in his voice.

"Kyuhyunie, I'm your mom. The person who gave birth to you and raised you since you were a baby. And you still wanna lie to me?" Mrs Cho said seriously, making Kyuhyun stop laughing.

"Omma.." He sighed. "Don't worry about me. You're watching their WGM right now, right? That's why you call me, right?" he paused and before his mom could reply, he continued, "You must watch the next episode, because I'm in that episode. And something shocking would happen in the episode. You've to watch it, okay?"

"What is that 'something shocking'? You did replace Donghae in the show?" Mrs Cho asked with her already happy voice.

Kyuhyun laughed at her mom's words. "Aniyo. It's more than that."

Mrs Cho's eyes began to sparkle at what she just heard. "Really? Okay okay! I'll surely watch it!" she said excitedly.

"Okay, omma. I'm gonna continue playing games. Annyeong!" Kyuhyun said cheerfully.

Mrs Cho shook her head. "You and your game. Is your game more important than your mom?"

"Hmmm..I think so," he joked then giggled.

Mrs Cho just shook her head lightly, knowing that her son was joking. "Okay, dear. I'm hanging up."

"Okay."

"Wait.. Do you have Minhee's phone number?" Mrs Cho asked.

"No, I don't."

"Aigoo. How come you don't have it, you fool!"

"Why? Do you want her number?"

"Neh. I'd like to give her a call. I miss her a lot, you know. It has been a long time since I met her"

"Oh, you miss her but you don't miss me?" said Kyuhyun, sounding like sulking.

"Aniyo~ I miss you too. Didn't we just meet a few days ago? That's why I miss her more than you."

"Okay, your excuse is accepted. Anyway, if you miss her, just watch her on tv."

"Watch her on tv and meet her personally are two different things, you know."

"What? I don't think she would have a different face when she is on tv." 

Mrs Cho let out a deep sigh at her son's stubbornness. She knew she would always lose to Kyuhyun whenever they were debating. "Whatever. For sure, I want you to bring her here as soon as possible."

"Mwoh?!" There was a pause. "B-but I can't. I'm too busy right now. Super Junior is in the middle of preparation for our next album," he gave an excuse.

"Oh, you're busy but you still can play your beloved game there," said Mrs Cho sarcastically.

"Now is our rest time. That's why I release my tension by playing my beloved game right now."

"Well, if you still don't want to bring Minhee here, I'll call your other friends and ask them for Minhee's number," the elder threatened.

"Omma!" As Kyuhyun was about to say something more, Mrs Cho hung up the phone. 

"Who should I call?" Mrs Cho asked herself as she contemplated on which Super Junior's member she should call to get Minhee's number. "Who among them has Minhee's number?" she mumbled alone as she glanced at her daughter who was watching MinHae's WGM engrossingly. Her eyes then shifted towards the television and saw Donghae on the screen.

"Omo! They're so sweet!" Ara chirped as she watched MinHae feeding each other on the television.

"Donghae..." Mrs Cho muttered as her hands were busy dialing Donghae's number.

 

 

As Donghae was blushing at the members' (excluding Kyuhyun who was playing his starcraft in his room) tease while they were watching MinHae's WGM, he startled when his phone rang all of a sudden. He reached out for his phone in his pocket and his eyebrows shot up upon knowing who the caller was. 'Kyuhyun's mom?' 

"Yeobuseyo?" he said right after picking up the phone.

"Yeobuseyo. Donghae sshi..." Kyuhyun's mom's voice was heard on the other line.

"Oh neh, auntie," Donghae replied.

"Uhm..you must be flustered since I give you a call all of a sudden, right?"

"Yeah...a little," he said with a little chuckle.

"Well, I'm calling you just to congratulate you on your 'marriage' with Minhee."

Donghae chuckled shyly in response. "Kamsahamnida. Are you watching the show (WGM) right now?" he asked.

"Neh! You guys look so good together!" Mrs Cho complimented. That got Donghae blushing before she continued, "Since you're Minhee's 'husband' now, can you give me her phone number?"

Donghae blushed more when the word 'husband' was mentioned but seconds later, his brows furrowed in an instant. "Minhee's phone number?" he murmured. 'I never knew Minhee and Kyuhyun's mom are close before.' 

"Donghae sshi?"

 The voice snapped him back to reality and he immediately answered, "Neh! Her number is-"

"Wait wait! I'm going to get a paper and pen first," Mrs Cho said. Donghae waited for a while before the elder's voice echoed back over his phone. "What is it, Donghae sshi?" And Donghae began telling her Minhee's number.

"Omo, you seem to have memorized her number well, huh?" The lady managed to tease and that made Donghae chuckle shyly. "Anyway, gomawo, Donghae sshi. I'm hanging up first, then," Mrs Cho said. 

"Wait!" Donghae suddenly said. "Can I ask auntie something?" he asked.

"Sure." 

"Hmm..Why do you want Minhee's number?"

"Well, I miss her a lot. It has been a long time since I met her, ever since she came to our house for dinner before," Mrs Cho revealed.

Donghae's eyebrows furrowed. "She came to your house FOR dinner?"

"Neh. Didn't Kyuhyun tell you? It happened a month or two ago though," Mrs Cho told.

Donghae went silent afterwards. 'Why does Kyuhyun never tell me about this? Or...don't tell me there is something between both of them,' he narrowed his eyes lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter