The Truth

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Entering her bedroom, Minhee switched the light on and closed the door before she tiredly made her way to the bed – she had just come back from her schedule. She stopped in her tracks and winced when she felt her foot step onto something hard and small that caused a little pain on her foot. She moved her foot away and looked down at the thing that she had just stepped on. Her face immediately changed to a sadden one when the silver ring that Donghae had given her back then came to her sight.

Putting her handbag on the bed, she slowly crouched down and took the ring up and brought it in front of her eyes, eyeing it with her eyes that started glistening with tears. It had been a long time since she wore the ring. Ever since the day she had seen Donghae and Yoona kiss, she frustratedly had thrown it somewhere in her room and it seemed to be miraculous that it appeared in front of her again after a long time she didn’t see the ring. She ran her thumb against it before she put it on her finger. It was one of many meaningful memories between her and Donghae. And she didn’t want to lose it.

Suddenly, her eyes caught something glittering at the corner of the room. She shifted her gaze towards it and squinted her eyes a bit to allow herself recognizing what it was. When she failed to recognize it from afar, she got onto her feet and walked towards the glittering thing only to find out that it was the necklace with a ‘D’ pendant which Donghae had given her when they were filming WGM back then. She still remembered how the necklace was there in the first place – she had taken off the necklace from her neck and thrown it away somewhere in the room out of anger when she first found out Donghae was cheating on her. She took it and smiled bitterly at the ‘D’ pendant as her tears were threatening to fall.

She missed him so much, too much that now her tears started rolling down her cheek. Sometimes, she regretted her own action. She should’ve just pretended that she didn’t see him and Yoona kissing. She should’ve pretended that she didn’t see anything and continued to be happy with him. Maybe if she did that, she wouldn’t be this hurt. But then, would she be happy for pretending to be happy? Would she be happy for faking a smile in front of him? She didn’t think so.

“Yeobo, let’s get married?” His sweet voice suddenly rang in her mind. “Let’s have both twin boys and twin girls.” Upon hearing that, she laughed; bitterly and sadly – making her tears stream down harder than before. Maybe they weren’t meant to be, but their memories together always lived in her heart. Always. Forever. Because he was her first love and maybe last love – she didn’t have any plan to have any relationship again. She didn’t believe in love. Again.

After taking a shower, she decided to go out to take fresh night air. And now she was driving her car to somewhere she didn't even know, as if to let her car bring her to anywhere while she was trying to rest her mind from thinking about everything that had been disturbing her mind lately, including him.

However, instead of resting her mind like what she had planned, she unconsciously ended up reminiscing about all her memories with Donghae and only stopped when she felt a teardrop escape her eyes. Finding her eyes getting blurry by her tears that made her difficult to focus on the road, she pulled the car over to the roadside and soon after, another drop of tears without hesitation cascaded down her cheek and not long after that, she ended up crying silently.

Her heart.....it hurt a lot. Still hurt a lot. It never changed even one bit.

Once she felt a bit better and her tears seemed to subside, she wiped her tears away with the back of her hands and only then did she realize that she was in such a dark and quiet street that was only lightened by dim street lamps and only had old buildings there. No car. No people. She didn't even know how she could reach there.

As if she was possessed, she opened the door and hopped off the car without hesitation.

The cold night breeze brushed softly against her face, making her shiver slightly. She quietly thanked the thick jacket that was hugging her body which was protecting her from the cold night air. She looked around her and suddenly felt eerie at how silence the street was with only old buildings there without any occupant. The buildings had its paint already worn off, the sound of crickets chirping was the only sound she could hear, and the dim street lights that were surrounding the place made it look scarier.

Feeling horrified, she opened the car door and was about to get into the car when suddenly…

“HELP!”

She flinched at the sudden loud scream which she assumed came from not far away from her. She froze in her position.

“What was that?” she whispered to herself and froze more when she heard the scream again, louder than before. She had never known there was anyone there besides her. And she was pretty sure that the scream came from a woman. The scream continued to echo in the silent night and eerie street and without her realizing, she was following the direction of the voice slowly and carefully. The more she walked, she felt that she became nearer and nearer with the voice as the scream became more clear and clearer to her ears. She walked past one of the old buildings there and that was when she heard a husky voice come from a man.

"Just scream as loud as you want. No want would hear you, you know! Hahaha!" 

Hearing the voice made Minhee turn to her left where the hallway between two old buildings was located. And that was when she saw three guys were surrounding something in the middle and she was sure that they were surrounding the owner of the voice that had screamed earlier. She didn’t know where the braveness came to her until she could bravely walk towards them. But still, slowly and carefully.

Finding them still oblivious of her presence (as their focus was fully on the woman that had plopped down on the ground) even when she was standing right behind them, she without hesitation kicked the of one of them making the kicked one fell on his hands and knees while the other two instantly turned towards her in unison.

"Who are you?" asked one of the guys, the bald one who had been kicked by Minhee earlier, as soon as he stood up. He looked at her furiously, the same went to the other two as they approached her slowly.

Without answering him, she kicked his private area, earning a groan from him soon after, while the other two who were shocked by her action began to attack her back.

She thanked Heaven by the fact that she had learned Taekwondo when she was in high school before, and the fact that the guys were drunk made it easy for her to reply to every of their weak and sloppy attacks towards her. It didn’t take long before the drunk guys landed on the ground for the umpteenth time, groaning in pain.

"Guys, let's go!" said the bald guy, who had been kicked on his private area before and was still holding the area and probably was the leader among them, to the other two guys.

Soon after that, the two guys got up on their feet and they all directly ran away, sometimes stumbling and sometimes bumped into each other on the way. Minhee sighed in relief as she bowed down holding her knees, panting. She then averted her gaze to the crying woman who was still sitting on the ground.

She made her way to the woman and crouched down in front of her. Because of the darkness, she couldn’t clearly see the woman’s face. Placing her hand on the latter’s shoulder, she could feel the woman was trembling, still in fear. "You're safe now, miss," she said softly. Because of the white shirt the latter wore, Minhee could somehow see a part of the woman’s shirt near her shoulder ripped, probably was done by the thugs which she assumed were about to the woman. Minhee couldn’t help but feel glad that she had come there right on time.

As soon as the woman heard the voice, her head immediately snapped in Minhee’s direction. She was shocked to hear that the voice was lady-like as she thought the one who had saved her was a man. Because of the darkness, she couldn't see the face of the person who had saved her.

“T-Thank you. Thank you so much,” the woman said with her trembling voice.

Minhee blinked as she found the voice kinda familiar. But brushing off her thought, she replied, "Welcome". Then she helped the woman stand up on her feet. "Um...your shirt, it's a bit ripped. It's cold right now, so here..." she took off her jacket from her body and draped it on the woman’s shoulder.

"Oh, it’s okay. You don't need to do this. You'll get cold" the woman said.

"Aniyo. I still have my sweater on me. It's okay" Minhee said. "By the way, how did you reach here? By walking or…"

"By car" the woman continued.

"Where did you park your car, then?" Minhee asked.

"Uhm, there…" she pointed at the opposite direction of them, opposite from where Minhee's car was parked. The woman's car could be seen because it was located right under a dim street lamp.

"It's quite far and dark on the way there. Want me to accompany you?" Minhee offered.

"Uhm….yeah. If you're okay with it," The woman responded, a bit shyly. After what had happened to her earlier, there was no way she would walk towards her car through the dark hallway alone. What if the thugs came back again? She didn’t want it to happen again.

"Alright. Let's go," Minhee gladly agreed as they walked together heading to the woman’s car. She could feel the woman softly holding her wrist with her trembling hand, probably was still terrified over what had happened earlier. Not that Minhee mind about it.

They walked in silence and that was when the woman broke the silence.

"Uhm…you're so nice. Can I know your name?"

"Oh, sure. My name is Minhee. Lee Minhee"

"M-Minhee? F-F(x) Minhee?" the girl stuttered, seemingly sounded nervous.

Minhee chuckled. "Do you think there’s only one person named Minhee in this world?" she said, not revealing herself. "By the way, what's your name?" she asked the woman back.

"My name is Yoona. Im Yoona"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter