Coma

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae restlessly walked back and forth in front of the emergency room where Minhee was having surgery in there while clasping both his hands together praying for Minhee, tears soaking his cheeks. Not only Donghae, Super Junior and F(x) also were there with him, waiting for Minhee to be done with the surgery she was having at the moment. Super Junior were all quiet meanwhile F(x) cried silently on their seat – they all kept praying in their heart for Minhee.

“If you guys wanna go back home, go ahead. It’s late already,” Donghae said to the members, feeling pity at them who had been waiting there even though they were all tired.

“It’s okay. We’ll wait here with you,” Leeteuk replied on the others’ behalf.

After a few hours waiting, finally the door of the emergency room opened to reveal a doctor and nurses were walking out of the room. The idols instantly got up from their seats as they approached the doctor.

"How is her condition, doctor?" Donghae asked on the others’ behalf.

"She's in a critical condition. She's having a serious injury on her head and lost quite a lot of blood. She also suffered from many lacerations and has numerous broken bones. For now, what I can say is, she's in a coma and the chance for her to survive is only 20%."

Everyone gasped after hearing what the doctor just told them, especially the last part.

"C-Can we see her, doctor?" Victoria asked.

"Sure, but I hope not all of you enter the room at once. Let just one person at one time," the doctor answered before leaving.

"Can I see her first?" Donghae asked for permission from the others, especially F(x)'s members.

They all nodded in reply and Donghae muttered a 'thanks' to them before gripping the rounded knob with clammy, trembling fingers. Stepping into the room and closing the door behind him, his heart immediately sunk upon seeing Minhee lying unconsciously on the bed with an oxygen mask over her nose and mouth and had a bandage around her head. There were machines, lights and dials everywhere. A wire leading from underneath the crisp blue hospital gown led to a heart monitor that let out a quiet beep with each pulse. She had IVs running up from each bruised arm; the IV bags dripping lifesaving blood and antibiotics into her abused body.

With his shaking legs, he approached the chair that was placed carefully amidst the chaos of wires and lines and tubing, and sat on it. With tears started to pool and his vision started to blur, he gently took her hand in his and squeezed it lightly. That was when his eyes caught the ring that he had given her on her finger causing his lips to slightly twitch up. ‘She still wears it…’ he thought to himself.

"Minhee ah..." Donghae said with his cracked voice as a new wave of fresh tears cascaded down his cheeks. He couldn't bear to see her like that, laying there unconsciously with the wounds on her arms and her face and her bandaged head. He would’ve exchanged place with Minhee if that was possible – he was willing to endure her pain as he knew that she was already hurt enough because of him. But unfortunately, he couldn't. What he could do was only to watch her in this condition and tell her to be strong. And he hated it so much.

“For now, what I can say is, she's in coma and the chance for her to survive is only 20%”

                                                                                                            “....the chance for her to survive is only 20%”

                                                                                                                                           "...the chance for her to survive is only 20%”

Somehow, those words made his tears stream down his cheeks harder than before. He had ever felt living without her (during their breakup). And it was hurt enough for him to handle it. And he couldn’t imagine living without her in this world, without meeting her forever, being separated from her like Earth and sky.

“I...I love you.” Her weak voice uttering those three beautiful words to him before she had fallen unconscious earlier suddenly echoed in his mind. His tears rolled down his cheeks like a river while his hands trembled slightly – he was so scared, too scared, if it was the last time he would ever hear those three precious words from her. Before, he thought he would never hear those words from her anymore regarding how much he had hurt her. And to hear her saying those three words with such a weak, painful voice, it was the first time for him not feeling happy to hear it. Though, he still felt glad that she still loved him. But, the little happiness of his instantly faded away upon seeing her condition right now and after hearing what the doctor just said about her critical condition.

“...the chance for her to survive is only 20%”

River-like tears of his streamed heavier and heavier as those words haunted his mind. He shook his head lightly. “No. You can survive. You can survive,” he mumbled and at the same time, he was trying to convince himself. “I know you’ll wake up soon. I know you’re strong,” he continued, squeezing her hand that was in his hold lightly.

"Please wake up soon, Minhee ah. I miss you so much. After you wake up, let’s start over. Let’s spend our time together like before," Donghae said as he brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it gently, his tears continuously trickling down his cheeks. “I love you,” he said for the last time and kissed her forehead before he decided to get out of the room to give the others an opportunity to see Minhee. F(x) was the next to come inside the room, followed by Super Junior later. Once everyone had come out of the room, Super Junior's manager told the boys to go back home.

The boys merely nodded in reply as they had to admit that they were tired from their packed schedules that day.

"Uhm...I wouldn't come along with you guys" Donghae said and all of them looked at him. "I want to stay overnight here. I want to take care of Minhee"

"You don't need to, oppa. You should take a rest. You’re tired. We'll take care of her," Victoria said while the other F(x)’s members nodded in agreement.

"No. I'll take care of her. You guys can go back home," Donghae insisted.

"But-"

"Don’t worry. I'll take care of her," Donghae said convincingly.

"Are you sure?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter