MAMA

When Idols Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhee entered the SM building after her individual schedule finished only to meet Yoona who walked opposite of her. She greeted her politely and flashed the senior a brief smile as she passed by her in which Yoona merely responded to her by staring at her with a somewhat cold gaze.

“Minhee sshi.”

Upon hearing her name being called, she stopped in her tracks and turned around only to face Yoona who was looking at her, still had a cold expression on her face.

“Yes?” she responded, looking at the SNSD member in question.

“Well...” Yoona smiled faintly. “Where are you going?” she asked.

“Oh, I’m going to the practice room,” Minhee replied with a soft smile.

“Practice room? Whose practice room? F(x)’s or Super Junior’s?” she asked with sarcasm, smirking.

Minhee furrowed her eyebrows, didn’t get what she meant. “What do you mean?” she inquired confusedly.

And right after that, a smirk faded away from Yoona’s face and was replaced back with her cold expression. She looked around to make sure that no one was around before she asked, “What’s your relationship with Donghae?” she asked in a cold tone.

Minhee blinked at the question that was thrown to her. “I don’t have any relationship with him,” she simply replied, looking at Yoona confusedly as to why she asked her the question all of a sudden.

Yoona scoffed. “Listen. Donghae is my boyfriend. I don’t like seeing other girls flirting with my boyfriend. And that including you,” she said in a daunting manner.

Minhee stared at Yoona in disbelief after hearing the word ‘flirting’. “Excuse me? Why do you think I flirt with your boyfriend?” she asked calmly.

“Don’t pretend like you don’t know,” Yoona hissed. “Well, it’s forgiven since you didn’t know that he’s my boyfriend before. But from now on, I don’t want to see you getting close with Donghae anymore. Understand?”

“Sorry, Yoona sshi. But for your information, we are just close, like a close hoobae-sunbae. If you want me to keep my distance from him, there's no reason for me to do it though, because I don't have any feelings for him and I'm sure he also doesn't have any feelings for me too. So don't worry, I wouldn't steal your boyfriend,” Minhee said, still in a calm tone.

Yoona snorted. “You think I’ll believe you?”

“Up to you to believe it or not. I’m just telling you the truth,” Minhee casually shrugged, too casual to Yoona’s likings. “If you’ve nothing to say, I’ll take my leave now,” she slightly bowed at her and turned around to leave, oblivious that Yoona was burning a hole on her back.

Once she almost arrived at the practice room where the other members were waiting for her, that was when she heard someone calling her. She looked up and saw Donghae scurrying towards her from the opposite direction. She stopped in her tracks as he reached in front of her.

“Hi,” he said, smiling rather shyly.

“Hi,” she responded, smiling as well. Seeing him there reminded her about Yoona and she hoped Yoona wouldn’t be seeing them at the time.

“Where are the other members?” he asked when he saw her alone.

“They’re in the practice room,” she replied.

“Ahh,” he nodded. “Hmm...are you guys attending MAMA event next week?”

“Yeah. How about Super Junior?” she asked.

“We are. It’s gonna be a lot of fun since you also will be there,” he grinned.

“Yeah, it’s gonna be a lot of fun,” she grinned as well and Donghae chuckled.

“Meet you there, then. Bye.” Donghae said, bidding a goodbye.

“Bye,” she waved at him and continued her journey towards the practice room meanwhile Donghae watched her leaving with a soft smile on his face.

“I love you,” he whispered silently to her once she got a bit far from him and kept smiling as he made his way to Super Junior’s practice room back after Minhee disappeared from his sight.

-----------------

“Here you are,” That was the first thing the girls said after Minhee entered the practice room.

“Here. There’s a gift for you,” Victoria said as she handed Minhee a small box that wrapped in a beautiful wrapper.

“Huh? For me?” Minhee asked as she took the box from the leader. “Where’s this from?” She took a seat on the floor along with the other members.

“I don’t know. When we arrived here earlier, we saw it in front of the door. We saw your name on it so we took it,” Victoria explained.

“Woo~ Someone has a secret admirer~” Luna teased meanwhile the rest of the members smiled teasingly at Minhee.

Minhee scrunched up her nose in response. “Shall I open it?” she couldn’t help but feel curious on what the content of the box would be.

“Of course! We want to see it!” they chorused.

With that, she ripped the wrapper open and opened the box only to have its content another box but smaller than the other one. She opened the smaller box and a soft gasp escaped her lips when she found that it was a ring.

“Wow!” they all echoed in unison, looking at the ring in shock and admiration.

Minhee's gaze then shifted to the paper that was folded into smaller size in the small box where the ring was placed earlier. She took the paper and read what was written on it.

Annyeong~

I hope you like the ring. I want nothing else from you other than your promise to always wear this ring. I hope you wear it always because that's the only thing you can do to make me know if you like it or not. Promise me? I would surely be the happiest person in this world if I saw you wearing the ring. That's all from me. Annyeong~

P/s: This letter was written with full of love by your fan who loves you with his whole heart. Saranghae <3

A smile unknowingly crept in the corner of Minhee’s lips as she read the letter while the other members kept teasing her about it.

“How cheesy,” she mumbled to herself as she folded the paper back and averted her attention to the ring. It was just a simple silver ring without any diamond or decoration on it. It was that simple but to her it was such a meaningful gift from the person named fan. She appreciated it so much for the fan who gave her the ring. But she felt like something was just off somehow. She had received tons of letters like this from her fans but none of the fans forgot to include their names in the letters But....the sender of this letter seemed to forget about it.

“Wait....” Victoria’s voice made the members stop teasing Minhee and looked at her. “Don’t you feel weird?”

“Why?” they asked.

“No. It just....only SM artists and trainees can get in here though,” Victoria pointed out.

Her words made the other members gasp in shock, realizing that what Victoria had said was true.

"Don't tell me there's a trainee having a crush on you here, unnie," Krystal looked at Minhee with wide eyes.

They were stunned for a moment when suddenly Amber voiced out, "But look at the ring's brand here." She showed the brand of the ring that was written on the box. "I don't think any trainee could afford to buy such an expensive ring like this. Just by looking at it, I know it's a white gold ring," Amber said.

"Yeah, that's right!" They nodded as they admitted what Amber just said.

"Is that mean there's someone whether from TVXQ, Shinee, Exo, or Super Juni-" before Victoria could finish her words, suddenly the other members but Minhee cut her off and shrieked, "Donghae!"

"Kyaa! Donghae is the one who gave you that ring, unnie!" Krystal said excitedly.

"Yes, it's Donghae! Who else if it's not him!" Sulli said excitedly too.

"I'm sure it's Donghae! I'm sure! 100% him!" Luna said enthusiastically.

Them repetitively mentioning Donghae’s name reminded Minhee about Yoona and what she had said to her earlier.

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Minhee frowned at them.

"Believe me! It's him!" Amber pressed.

“He already has a girlfriend, guys. Impossible he’s the one who gave me the ring,” Minhee’s words made them turn silent.

“How do you know he has a girlfriend?” Amber asked.

Minhee paused for a second. “He...He told me...” she lied. There was no way she would tell them about Yoona’s warning earlier.

“He told you in your face?” they looked at her in disbelief. They were too confident that Donghae had a crush on Minhee and now that Minhee told them about that, of course they wouldn’t easily believe it.

Minhee merely nodded in reply, feeling bad for lying to them.

“Then what do you feel?” Luna asked.

Minhee furrowed her eyebrows. “Am I supposed to feel anything?” she asked in confusion.

“You aren’t jealous?” Krystal asked.

“Why should I get jealous?” Minhee looked at her in bewilderment.

“You....don’t have any feelings for him?” It was Victoria’s turn to ask a question.

“What?” Minhee chuckled. “So all this time you think I like him?”

“You don’t?” they somehow asked in unison.

She chuckled again. “I would never have feelings for him.”

Upon hearing that, all their heads shot up looking at her, mixed expressions on their faces.

“Why?” they asked.

And the question caused Minhee’s facial expression to fall slowly. She remained silent for a moment, seemed like she was in a daze, before she spoke.

“Because I don’t believe in love.”

And her statement made shocked expressions taking over their faces.

A week later...

A/N: This chapter inspired by MAMA 2012 where Super Junior and F(x) attended the event.

"F(x) hasn't arrived yet?" Eunhyuk looked around them as soon as they, Super Junior, took their seats which had been provided for them and other artists who were invited for the awards. Besides Super Junior, there were other artists too like SNSD, BigBang, Miss A, EXO and others.

"I think so," Donghae said as he looked around with his pouty lips. He couldn't wait to see Minhee there. He bet she'd be the prettiest girl when she arrived soon.

"Oh, they are here," Heechul sang as he pointed at F(x) who were greeting other artists while they were on their way to their seats.

F(x) and Minhee's outfit

"Oh, it seems like they are walking towards us," Sungmin commented.

"Don't tell me.." Eunhyuk turned his head around to see there were empty seats behind them. "I think they're going to sit behind us, Donghae ah" he wiggled his brows teasingly to Donghae who was blushing right now.

"Annyeonghaseyo" F(x) greeted softly once they approached Super Junior and Super Junior greeted them back. Then, the boys took a glance at Donghae, who couldn't take his eyes off Minhee, and giggled quietly. Not to mention, Eunhyuk who nudged him teasingly by the elbow.

"What about me?" Minhee asked as she found there were only five seats in a row [F(x) had six members including Minhee] and all those seats were already occupied by the members but Minhee.

"What should we do?" They asked among themselves and that was when their eyes caught the empty seat beside Donghae. With that, their lips practically formed into mischievous smiles.

"Isn't there an empty seat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter