Chapter Nine

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

“I wonder what the two did last night,” Chen mused over as the eleven of them moves to give the newlywed an early surprise.

“What would you expect a newlywed to do on their first night?” Kyungsoo looked at him.

Chen grinned, “Arasseo, I got what you mean.”

 

As they inched closer to the door, all of them grew excited even when they had opened the door. Kai pushed it open only to see scattered flower petals on the floor. From afar, you could see Sooyoung’s wedding veil strewn on the floor with her shoes. Kris’ coat was near the doorway, crumpled on the floor.

“Looks like they had it rough,” Kai smirked as all of them went inside only to be shocked and dismayed.

 

On the bed lies Kris, holding his wife closer as the latter snuggles on the crook of his neck; both were still dressed save from the clothes the boys saw on the floor. Sooyoung’s gown shields her perfectly from the cold wind from the open door of the balcony, together with Kris’ arms wrapped protectively around her.

 

“I really thought we would get to see a small Kris or a small Sooyoung on the next nine months,” Baekhyun sighed. Chanyeol walked near the sleeping couple, poking Kris on the face, “Hyung, your mother is downstairs,” he whispered which stirred the male for a while.

“Chanyeol, its weekends! I need some sleep in here,” he groaned and pulled Sooyoung closer which widened the onlooker’s eyes.

Sooyoung suddenly stirred from the tight hug, pushing Kris on the chest, “Unnie, I can’t breathe,” she mumbled. Kris let out another sleepy groan his eyes still closed as he reaches to touch Sooyoung’s face. He touched her forehead first then her nose then her chin. Sooyoung slapped his hand off her face making Chanyeol and the other burst out in laughter.

 

The sound of the loud male laughter’s woke up the sleeping couple. Their sleepy eyes widened in surprise upon noticing the proximity of their faces. Sooyoung blinked and finally realizes that Kris is holding her close while Kris finally gets to know that he is hugging his wife and not a pillow. Both of them let out a scream, pushing each other off the bed. The sight made the eleven boys bend over in laughter. Kris groaned again, this time because of pain. He pushed himself up only to see Sooyoung’s face with her messed up make-up on the other side of the bed. He finally joined the boys laughing which confused the girl, especially when the boys laughed even louder when she turned to look at them.

 

With the help of the glass doors of the balcony, she was able to see her messed up make-up together with her morning face. She gasped, pulling the covers to hide her head while screaming, “UMMA!!!!”

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Kris had been stifling himself from laughing even when they had gone to take a bath. Earlier, Sooyoung cried when they would not stop from laughing. It was Kyungsoo and Baekhyun who helped her wipe off her make-up before she gets to take a bath. Chanyeol and Luhan, together with Chen somehow managed to capture her face before she hides it under the cover and can’t stop from laughing. He reminded himself to get a copy of it for future use.

 

The hotel’s restaurant is not that full, spare from their large table. The boys started to tell about what they witnessed on the newlywed’s room leaving Sooyoung’s disastrous face out of the topic. The others teased the couple about their first night. Kris gave a polite smile, “Both of us are not that ready.”

 

“Kris, we would want you to come with us. Your parents will not make it today for they had to leave early for a business trip. We will pay a visit and pay respect to Sooyoung’s grandparents, will it be fine?” Mrs. Choi asked over the table.

“Ne, I’m fine with it,” he nodded and spared Sooyoung a look. She had her head down; still unable to recover from what had happened earlier.

“Your mother said that you will do the same to your grandparent’s in China. But it will only be Sooyoung who will come with you,” Soojin said making her younger sister jerk her head up.

“Bwo? But Unnie, wae?” she pouted.

“It will be good for you so you can get yourself to be accustomed on your husband’s homeland, right Kris?” Soojin smiled at Kris who gave a nod.

“Woah! Noona, buy us presents!” the boys exclaimed so as the girls, “Ne, Sooyoung, you should not forget to buy us presents too.”

Sooyoung can only sigh and continue on her food.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The trip to Sooyoung’s grandparents took almost three hours. Soojin and her parents were on a separate car while she and Kris used another car with her husband as the driver. All the way, she just slept that he has to wake her up when they arrived.

“Sooyoung, were here,” he nudged her slightly. Sooyoung stirred on her chair and looked outside the windows. When she recognized the place, she stretched, hitting him on the head.

“Mianhe,” she apologized reaching to touch his head but withdrew when she realized what she is doing. She looked upfront to see her grandmother and grandfather meeting her parents and older sister.

“Yah, Kris, there’s my grandma, let’s go!” she exclaimed removing her seatbelt before opening the door and runs to meet her grandparents.

 

“Grandma!” she exclaimed, enveloping her in a warm hug. She proceeds to give her grandfather a hug  afterwards.

“Where’s your husband?” her grandmother asked. She turned and saw Kris moving near them, rubbing the part of his head she had hit.

“Is there something wrong son?” her grandfather asked. Kris bowed his head first before he answered, “Aniyo, she just happened to hit me when she woke up,” he smiled. Her grandmother looked at her, “Soo, that’s bad. Did you apologize?”

 She pouted, “Ne, I already did. Let’s get inside. I really miss the house and your cooking!” She skipped on her steps on her way inside, resembling a small girl.

“That is just her attitude whenever she gets to visit us. I still can’t grasp the idea that my youngest granddaughter is already married,” Her grandfather smiled warmly at Kris.

‘Looks like I stole their precious Sooyoung’ he thought as he follows the old man inside.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Throughout their stay, she had been so hyper and childish since her grandparents always favor her. He finally gets to see a part of his wife. The very happy and sincere smile she displays with her childish acts that he founds to be cute. During the night, they had separate mattress. But both had a hard time since those bed materials were short for their heights so they resorted to bending their knees and sleeping on their sides.

 

Clumsy as she is when she sleeps, she soon invaded Kris’ space, first, by rolling near him. Second, she clung to his arm like her life depended on it because of a bad dream. Thirdly, she cushioned her head on his chest, somewhat making it hard for him to breathe. He woke up and moved her head on the nearest pillow and the other side. But then, Sooyoung lifts her leg and placed it atop his sides, disturbing his sleep again. No matter how hard he tries to find some space and peace to get a sleep, Sooyoung would always find him, thanks to the limited space the small room has to offer.

 

By morning, Sooyoung woke up to see Kris bent on a corner, hugging the mattress as if it’s a pillow. She watched him first, slowly moving to check his sleeping figure. ‘Damn! This guy is really gorgeous!’ she thought as she trails her forefinger on her face, accidentally slipping on his lips. The thought of their wedding kiss came back to her mind making her blush.

 

While she is lost on her thoughts, her forefinger remains touching his lips, he fluttered his eyes open. His eyes widened in surprise but he didn’t move when he noticed her dazed and lost on her thoughts. An evil thought crossed his mind when he felt her finger on his lips. With a smile, he opened his mouth and bit her finger making her scream.

“YAAH!! KRIS!!” she shook her hand to ease the throbbing pain on her forefinger. She pushed herself up and glared at him.

“Why are you touching my lips?” he smirked and pulled himself too.

“I am trying to wipe off some dirt,” she lied, still glaring at him.

“Dirt? Or you are tempted to kiss me?” his smirk turned into a malicious grin as he slowly moves towards her. She starts to back off, “Kiss you? Huh! Kiss yourself,” she scoffed still backing off.

“Admit it Miss Choi Sooyoung or Mrs. Wu Sooyoung, that you want to kiss me,” his grin turned wider when her back came in contact with the wall. He let his other hand lean on the wall, closing her off.

“Over my dead body, from what I can see, you’re the one who wants to kiss me,” she smirked back.

“And if I do? Would you get mad?” he teased, bending over.

She froze on the spot, ‘What devil maniac possessed this guy this early?’ she thought as she watch him slowly and dangerously close the distance between their faces only to be stopped by the sliding of the door on their right.

 

Soojin gasped and bowed her head, “Mianhe,” then she slid the door close. Sooyoung wants to speak and clear the situation but Kris bent over to kiss her on the corner of her lips.

“You must get used on my lips on yours because I want my morning greetings like that. Let’s just say that this is just a pre-test. But when you get to my place as my wife, there will be no more pre-testing,” he softly whispered on the frozen Sooyoung.

 

When he finally stood up and left the room, Sooyoung pulled her hair in frustration. ‘The nerve of that guy! I thought he is like his mother but he is the exact opposite. Self-centered jerk!’ she thought fixing her hair afterwards.