Chapter Twenty Eight

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Chapter Twenty Eight (Special Chapter)

 

This chapter is dedicated to a friend who has her own so called ‘triplets’ among the list of her biases.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

 

Baekhyun just got off from work. The sun was just about to set, perfect time to walk around and relax before heading home. Besides, there will be no Kris who will nag at him for not getting home, which was under the influence of his lovely wife. A smile got tugged on his face when he remember Sooyoung getting so hurried earlier in the morning for not waking up early for her first day of work. Chanyeol decided to send her to her workplace and stayed with her since he is free of projects as of the moment. The ringing of his phone disturbed his thinking.

“I believe you are already off from work, so can you accompany me for a while?” a female voice said from the other line.

“Are you already off? I mean, I thought you said you will be off by seven tonight?” he asked, a smile plastered on his face.

“Well, my Dad decided to send me off earlier from his company for being a nagger about my late works which he purposely scheduled,” she chuckled.

“Hwang Sung Ah, that’s not a good attitude,” Baekhyun warned, but then the smile persists on his face.

“Just pick me up, I am already waiting in here,” she replied then hung up.

 

He knows very well where to pick her up. They are not best friends for nothing anyway. They met just as students on a university and the next thing; they are always hanging out till they graduated. Even if they had been working on separate companies, they are still in contact. They had been together on both their ups and downs; from their first relationships which all end up as tragedy since their partners ended up together. Both of them cried their hearts out only to laugh after knowing what happened. Then, here comes her parents plan for her to study more abroad which she refused after saying the most ridiculous reason a girl could muster up. “The guys abroad are all ugly, I won’t study there,” she said. It came hilarious for him too that he kept on teasing her about it. There had been so many happenings that he unconsciously fell in love with her. Yes, he is secretly and hopelessly in love with his bestfriend.

 

“What’s with the long face?” Sung Ah greeted him when he arrived on her location, right outside her work place.

From too much thinking, he barely noticed her. “Oh, just thinking why would you say that all the guys abroad are ugly,” he grinned.

“Still living with that stupid reason? Yah! Baekhyun would you want me to spill all your dark secrets, huh?” she threatened, acting like she wants to punch him.

“Chill down princess. No doubt that you are really a spoiled brat and I can’t even imagine how I made it up to now as your bestfriend,” he shook his head.

“Well, firstly because I am irresistible. Second, I am beautiful; thirdly, I am intelligent; fourth, I am very kind and would you want me to go through all the details?” she looked at him.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “Let’s just go so I can send you before your curfew. I don’t want your Dad to strangle me to death,” then held her hand as they started to walk down the sideways to get to where they always hang out, the park near the Han River.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Hey, Taehyung, where are you going?” Namjoon asked while they are waiting for their bus.

“I’ll just wind out for a while, keep the doors unlocked and kindly bring my bag with you, pretty please?” V made and aegyo which made the boys cringe in disgust but then they gave a nod.

They all parted ways, going off in the different direction. He watched the busy early evening streets, relaxing at the scenario. When he looked ahead, he noticed a familiar back, walking with a girl. With curiosity burning in his mind, he moved to confirm his suspicion.

 

When he finally got a few feet near, the very familiar voice of Baekhyun caught his attention.

“Hyung!” he called which made the couple turn. True to his suspicion, it was Baekhyun with a lady. ‘Note, they are holding hands,’ he thought.

“Hyung,” V moved to get even with the two, “Why are you here?” he asked, acting like he didn’t saw the girl.

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be home?” Baekhyun asked, his eyes glaring at the younger one.

“Who is he?” The lady asked Baekhyun.

“Omo,” V blinked at the lady, “Anyeong haseyo,” he bowed.

The next phrase he said made Baekhyun to glare back at him again, “I am Baekhyun hyung’s dongsaeng,” he introduced himself.

 

The lady grinned, “Is he the one you are talking about?” then smiled at V. “I am Sung Ah, Hwang Sung Ah,” she introduced herself.

“I am Taehyung, but everybody calls me V,” he bowed again.

“Is he the one you’re talking about? He really looks like you,” Sung Ah smiled at V.

Baekhyun glared at him, giving him a very low whisper of threat, “Get home now or I will kick your for ruining my moment.”

V made a sad face looking at Sung Ah, “Noona, Hyung wants me home, he don’t want me with you,” then made puppy eyes.

“Oh, come on Baek, don’t be such a drama boy,” Sung Ah pulled V to her right and linked arms with him, same with Baekhyun on her left.

“Because I came to know your dongsaeng, I will treat you both on a dinner,” then dragged a grinning V and a glum Baekhyun.

 

V had his eyes wide open when they entered a very expensive looking restaurant.

“Hyung, is she rich? Is she your sugar mommy?” V whispered earning another glare from Baekhyun.

“She’s my best friend and yes, she is rich. You might probably hear of the Famous Hwang couple who managed the biggest textile company right,” he whispered back as Sung Ah moves to get their table. V gave a nod.

“Then she just happens to be their only daughter,” he rolled his eyes when V gasped, covering his mouth from shock. “Jinja? Daebak … “he whispered again as he follows Baekhyun who is also trailing Sung Ah.

 

They got on a table, quite near the grand piano of the restaurant. The menu was then distributed.

“Order whatever you want V, it’s my treat so no need to be shy,” Sung Ah smiled as she looks over the menu.

Everything in the menu screams ‘expensive’ so he just flipped it down.

“Have you had chosen yours?” Sung Ah asked.

V smiled, “I’ll take whatever Hyung takes.”

 

“Can I have my regular order?” Sung Ah looked up at the waiter.

“Pasta and a slice of mousse as dessert?” the waiter asked in which she gave a nod.

“I’ll have two serve of well done lamb chops, and a bottle of red wine, any dessert for you Taehyung?” Baekhyun looked at the still amazed V.

“Do they have cheese rolls in here?” V asked.

“Oh, we have cheese rolls sir, would you want a serve?” the waiter smiled at V.

He gave a nod as the waiter relays their order again before leaving the table.

 

“Noona, you must be really rich to afford things like this. Don’t you have any girl friends?” V asked after a while.

“I do have but I am more close to this drama king,” Sung Ah grinned at Baekhyun.

“Yeah, like I am the one who made a stupid excuse of ugly boys abroad,” he rolled his eyes, earning a punch in the arm from her.

“How many years have you been friends?” V asked again.

“I don’t know. It’s like we have known each other since forever?” Sung Ah looked at Baekhyun.

“Yeah, I was and will always be stuck on this brat,” he smiled at the pouting Sung Ah.

Their conversation started to drift to the topic of work so V just shut his mouth as they wait for their order to come up. V noticed many things that made him conclude that his ‘hyung’ likes his bestfriend. Even when their order arrived, he just watched with an amused expression as how the two acts.

‘So what does Noona feels about hyung?’ he thought when Sung Ah left the table to pay for the meal.

 

Their next destination is on the park near the Han River where a row of cherry blossom trees grow. Baekhyun sat on a bench together with Sung Ah as V rushed on the scattered cherry blossoms down the ground.

“He really looks like you,” Sung Ah smiled as they watch V gather up some fallen flowers on his jacket which he removed.

“Yeah, funny to think that we are not related at all,” he replied.

“Yeah, you’re right. But you are really fond of him right?” she asked. He can just nod. They shared a comfortable silence as she leans on to him.

‘Just how can I possibly tell her about what I really feel?’ Baekhyun thought, leaning on to her too.

“I hope Mom made sure that my fiancé is handsome or else I would definitely run away from home,” she sighed.

“And where would you go?” he asked.

“I would stay with you. I know you can’t resist me and you can’t stand the thought of knowing that I am sleeping alone on hotels which are unsafe just as how you stated,” she looked up at him.

“That will be good. We need a house helper by the way,” he smiled down at her. She pulled herself and gave him playful punches in the arm.

“Yah! I really hate you! You mean you can stand the sight of seeing me getting tired and working on my own?”

“That’s not bad, I mean, it’s beneficial too so that you can learn to live independently,” he rubbed his arm.

 

They were just shocked when they were showered with cherry blossoms from a laughing V.

“Yah! What the hell are you doing?” Baekhyun glared at the smiling V while removing the flowers stuck on his clothes and on hers too. But Sung Ah was just laughing, mesmerized by the cherry blossoms.

“Noona, let’s look for a four-petal cherry blossom. They said it’s a lucky charm,” he pulled Sung Ah but Baekhyun stopped him.

“Don’t bother her, let’s just do it together since I am needing a lot of luck in my situation,” then pulled V to the scattered cherry blossoms. V even shook a branch letting the flowers shower Baekhyun.

Sung Ah smiled at the view, seeing the two huddle up on the scattered flowers and probably looking for the so called four-petal cherry blossom.

 

It was probably more than half an hour when they returned to Sung Ah.

“So have you found a four-petal one?” she asked.

Both shook their head in defeat.

“Of course because there are no four-petal cherry blossoms, just clover. Four-petal clover,” she smiled at the two.

“I should have known. I probably look so stupid by joining you,” he glared at V who just grinned back.

“But at least you tried right? So why don’t you give a chance to express something?” V smiled at the confused Baekhyun. Ignoring it, he looked at his wrist watch, “Let’s send you home. Your curfew will be in half an hour,” then pulled Sung Ah as V linked his arm on Sung Ah’s right arm and talked about the café house.

 

When they got the bus stop, Sung Ah’s phone rang.

“Umma,” she answered.

“Are you heading home already? Where are you?”

“I am the 53rd bus stop, wae?”

“Oh, then wait for your fiancé in there. He will just pick you up.”

“How would I know that it’s him?” she asked, looking at the curios two beside her.

“He is riding his gray convertible with the plate number ______”

“Arasseo, I’ll wait for him,” then hung up already.

“Who was that?” Baekhyun asked after the call.

“Umma said I will be fetched by my fiancé,” then blushed, “Omo! Do I look fine?” she asked again, doing some weird gestures on her hair and face and even dress.

“You are always beautiful, no need to worry,” Then he tucked a few strands behind her ear with that mesmerized smile on his face which V noticed and the girl didn’t.

“You are so biased,” Sung Ah smiled and looked on the long highway for the said car.

 

V suddenly tugged on Baekhyun’s sleeves, “Hyung, you really like her eh?” with a malicious grin on his face.

“Shut your mouth or I will sweep that pretty face or yours on the road,” he hissed, blushing either from anger or embarrassment from getting caught.

“But seriously, why don’t you confess. You might don’t know how things might turn out,” V whispered, ignoring Baekhyun’s threatening words.

“Do you want me to kick you back home?” he glared again, still blushing.

“Noona, hyung wants me home already,” V pouted over Sung Ah.

“Baekhyunnie, why are you so harsh on the kid?” Sung Ah gave Baekhyun a stern look.

Baekhyun glared again at V who motioned a zipping action on his mouth.

 

Just then, a silver convertible parks itself near the bus stop. A guy with a cap went down the driver’s seat and took a turn to meet the three. He removed his cap and smiled at the three, “Sung Ah right?” he asked the girl specifically.

The three had the same shocked expression, unable to react for a while.

It was V who moved first to check his face on a nearby glass wall, then groaned, “Omo, my face is not an original one,” then turned back to get near the three.

Sung Ah gave a nod, “Daehyun,” the guy smiled, looking exactly like the two. She looked back at the two beside him then on the guy in front of him before letting out a squeal of delight.

“Omo! You guys really look the same, I might mistake you as siblings,” then smiled at Daehyun.

“Baek, I’ll go ahead. Better head straight home or I will let some assassins to go and hunt you down,” she looked at V, “And make sure he goes home too okay?”

 

With a wave, Daehyun opened the passenger’s door for her then made her get inside. He bid the two a goodbye before getting behind the wheels and leaving.

“Hyung, you really like her,” V said as they watch the car disappear in sight.

“And here I am thinking I made myself clear that you zip that mouth of yours,” he looked down at boy beside him with sad eyes.

“But noona is not here anymore! Aha! Let me treat you on a drink,” then dragged the broken hearted Baekhyun.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

They end up on a small tent just near the Han River. There are few customers drinking around it.

“Ahjumma, two bottles of soju in here with my usual,” V smiled at the elderly lady who looks like the owner of the place.

“Taehyung, didn’t I told you already not to drink,” the older woman placed the plate of kimbap on the table.

“My friend here is broken hearted so I need to join him in grievance, and just this once please?” he looked up the old lady who just sighed.

 

It was later when V started rambling about things. He already finished three bottles while Baekhyun had just finished one. ‘I need to be sane so that we won’t end up anywhere,’ he thought watching the boy in front of him getting talkative and drunk.

“Hyung, I understand what you feel. I am broken hearted too…” then he tapped his chest.

“I already told you to… confess..” drinks on his glass, “but you waited for that… that guy… who.. who stole my face..” drinks again, “ to come… and take away your princess..” then drinks straight from the bottle. He then rambles again about nonsense things like adopting a panda bear, swimming on a tub and other more ridiculous things.

“You talk about confessing while you barely had the chance too,” Baekhyun took a swig on his glass.

“Hyung, two guys had already fought because of her,” V suddenly looked sober looking straight into Baekhyun’s eyes, “And she is damn in love with one of those two, so do I stand a chance?”

It made the older one think only to be startled by V’s laughter.

“… Ahahah…! Hyung, you look so stupid like … “ then fell face first on the table.

 

Baekhyun got startled again, “Damn! How can I send this one home?” then stood up to check on his phone, but none of V’s four pockets contain a cellular phone.

With a heavy sigh, he grabbed his phone, dialing Xiumin’s number, “Hyung, need a lift in here,” he immediately said after the call was picked up.

“Wae? Where are you?” Xiumin asked on the other line.

“Long story, just hurry up,” then gave their location before ending the call. He then looked at the boy drooling on the table in front of him who shares the same face as him.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

V fell with a soft thud on the mattress. Baekhyun removed his shoes and moved to cover him.

“So you are saying that you met another guy who looks like the two of you?” Xiumin asked as Baekhyun tends to the sleeping V.

“Yeah, and it’s quite scary. This alien even complained that his face is not original,” he made another sigh. He had been sighing since earlier.

“Well, Noona will not complain once she found out that this young version of you spends the night in here. The problem is she might get mad since you didn’t stop this young lad from drinking,” Xiumin then patted his shoulder before leaving Baekhyun.

“Since you will be the occupant of my room tonight, might as well find someone who will be willing to take me in for the night,” he moved to wipe of some sweat on the sleeping lad. As he was about to grab some shirt to change, he heard V whisper a name which made him look back at him.

A naughty smile got tugged on his lips as he opened the door of the bathroom to freshen up.