Chapter Fifty One

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

The next minute was about hugs and questions. Tears coursed down Sooyoung’s cheeks while they are talking about Jinhyuk.

“Oppa, why didn’t you even call us back home? I mean you only get to contact Mom and Dad once a year. You are so mean,” Sooyoung pouted over the guy.

“Youngie, I have been very busy in here ever since I accepted that scholarship. You can even ask Yeojin in here. And about calling you, I am so sorry. You don’t know how bad I feel about not calling you. I have to accustom myself or else I might not take the feeling of missing you, especially Mom and Dad,” Jinhyuk pushed back some hair at the back of her ear.

“Ever since he graduated, he had been scouted by a famous agency that’s why he is very busy. Business really is something that makes your schedule tight,” Yeojin sighed, taking a seat after bringing some refreshments for the visitor.

“See?” Jinhyuk smiled, “And what is this rumor that Siwon and Seunghyun told me that you are married?” he asked, a playful smile on his face.

Sooyoung blushed, “Ne, I have been married for more than a year now.”

 

Jinhyuk’s eyes widened, “Jinja?” he exclaimed.

After recovering from the shock, he straightened up and grinned, “So who is this guy? Changmin? Your long time crush?” he teased making Sooyoung smile a sad one.

“Aniyo, although it would have been nice,” she grinned, blushing again. Changmin had that effect on her.

“So who is he?”

“Kris,” she simply replied.

Jinhyuk’s eyebrows shot up, “Kris?” he paused and gave Yeojin a look before looking back at the married woman, “We are not having the same Chinese Kris in here right?”

Sooyoung sighed, “Aniyo, we have the very tall Chinese Kris in here.”

Jinhyuk swallowed the lump on his throat, “Kris Wu? That famous business tycoon? Just how did you met him?”

“It was fixed. It was his mother whom I met, then after almost a month of being friends with her, it was suddenly fixed by Mom and Dad that I would be married. It was only on the night before my wedding day did I learned that he will be my groom,” Sooyoung relayed, a blush evading her cheeks again from the memory of their wedding day.

 

“Well, he is a good man. Very smart and handsome if I may note,” Jinhyuk gave a nod, “So why are you here?” he asked.

Sooyoung smiled instead so it’s Yeojin’s role to join the conversation.

“She is a model. She is here for a photo shoot. She had just finished Jean’s gown collection so for tomorrow she will be doing Andrei’s race outfits. If I am not mistaken, they will be doing it together,” Yeojin explained.

“Really? So you are one gorgeous model indeed,” Jinhyuk smiled at her, “I really can’t believe you are this tall already. Ten years is indeed a long time.”

“Oppa, don’t you have plans of going home?” Sooyoung asked.

“Well, I already have plans, but I will only go home with you. So after your photo shoot, we will go home together,” Jinhyuk replied.

“But I will be staying for a week more,” Sooyoung pouted.

“Then I will stay for a week more too; I will not go home if you are not with me. Mom and Dad will get mad if I do not have me with you when I get home once they learn that I saw you in here,” Jinhyuk explained which made the younger female to smile at hug him again.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Later that night, Yeojin and Jinhyuk had a talk at the kitchen after Sooyoung went to have a sleep earlier for her photo shoot.

“Don’t inform Auntie about her being in here. She firmly stated not to tell them since they do not know that she is out of the country,” Yeojin started.

“What? But why?’ Jinhyuk exclaimed in disbelief.

“To make the long story short, she had a huge fight with her husband that is why she is in here. That thing about GPRS tracing you taught me is quite handy because her phone has it. I just deactivated it so they cannot track her here,” Yeojin sighed.

“I should know. That guy may have been a very good guy in some sense but his history is something that should made Mom and Dad regret for letting Sooyoung be tied to that guy,” Jinhyuk sighed, playing with his phone.

“Why do you say so?” Yeojin asked.

“His grandmother on his father is a real old ‘evil queen’ as to those who know her very well. She is very mean, greedy that she is willing to take on everything just to have her pedestal pushed up higher.”

“Then, it’s really true then. It was actually that old woman who drives her to take the flight at eleven thirty in the evening.”

Jinhyuk gave a weary sigh, “Then I guess, I really have to monitor her closely.”

“Then make it very discreet. She doesn’t want to be monitored closely. That’s the issue she had with her husband,” Yeojin warned.

 

After the talk, Yeojin made her way to her bedroom as Jinhyuk stayed for a while at the living room. Once sure that Yeojin is already asleep, he moved near the kitchen counter. He reached for the mug inside the glass box on the cupboard. He gave it a slight push. The floor in front of him suddenly opens up to show a series of steps leading to a door, blue lights guides the way down. He moved downstairs, the floor slowly closing up together with his every descend.

 

Once on the door, he flipped a box revealing a scanner for the eye and for his palm. After necessary scanning, the door opens up to reveal a setting much like Xiumin’s secret room, but a bit more wide and more techie things around. He removed his coat and checked on the main database. He typed some words and on the very large screen in front of him showed Kris complete profile. On the status section, it shows that he is married and on the spouse name a Choi Sooyoung was shown.

 

It frightened him to know that she is married to him. He tried to search more about their married life and he saw some pictures of them together which was part of the private blog of Sooyoung. How he was able to access it? Owe it to his knowledge about extracting information more than how Xiumin can do. It all the more frightened him after reading or going over few accounts from her blog.

‘Looks like she is so into him,’ he thought, looking at their wedding picture which was the only largest picture from her files.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

KOREA

 

Luhan made a weary knock on the door. He is still in a jet lag and his eyes are getting droopy again. Lay opened the door, “Earlier than expected, so what’s new?” he asked as Luhan dragged himself inside, collapsing on the couch.

“Where’s Kris?” he asked.

“Having a problem about his mother. Mrs. Wu learns about Sooyoung’s disappearance and the old evil queen’s plot. She was so mad, but he assured him afterwards that she will approach the Choi family herself. I bet Sooyoung Noona’s family is still clueless about her whereabouts. Kris is on his way to pay Noona’s grandparent’s a visit,” Lay relayed watching Luhan close his eyes.

“I almost got her in London. But she just disappeared. There was a record of her going into London but then when Drew traced her location in London, there had been none. She just disappeared again.” Luhan explained, his eyes still closed.

“Then you should have thought of tracing private owned planes. You know how unpredictable her connections can be,” Lay reminded, sitting beside him and turning on the TV.

 “Privately owned planes?” he opened an eye, “Is that possible?” he asked again.

“Of course!” Lay replied, settling on watching M Countdown.

Luhan made a defeated sigh, “Stupid me!” he made his body fall on the pillows beside him.

 

True to Lay’s words, Kris is really on his way to his wife’s grandparent’s house. He parked the car, recalling some painful memory from the house itself.

He knocked on the door and was welcomed by the grandmother, “Oh, its Sooyoung’s husband!” she exclaimed, reaching to hug the tall guy.

He felt the warmth and sincere love from the gesture of affection, “Mianhe, I am not able to visit for a while,” he smiled, hoping to see Sooyoung emerge from the front door, but it’s only the grandfather.

 

They led him inside as he hands them the present he brought for them. While he is on the living room, waiting for the refreshments the old lady made he noticed the large family picture on the head of the old furnace. It was a very recent family picture they had, including him and her. Soojin stood between their parents on the right while the two of them stood side by side on the left part, him holding her close. It was shot during the wedding because of both are clad in their wedding dresses. Her grandparents were seated on the seats they used. The picture was so perfect in his eyes somehow threatening some tears to fall.

 

“I can see you are taking a fancy over our family picture eh?” the old woman moved inside holding the tray. He blinked back the tears as he looks up to help the old lady from the tray.

“Where is Sooyoung? Is she very busy on her work?” the old woman asked after settling on the sofa.

“Ne, she is very busy that I am the only one who made it in here,” he replied.

“So what made you visit? Is there something wrong? Are we going to see a baby sooner?” the old woman smiled making him smile too.

“Aniyo, I am just going to ask about how you handle Sooyoung’s tantrums,” he asked.

“Her tantrums? Oh, it’s very easy. You just have to make her large bowl of ramen then place a few more sweet treats on the tray then a rose on it too then serve it on her bed. I am sure she will like it. That is what her father and my husband always do when she give us tantrums,” she chuckled.

He gave a chuckle, “I made her breakfast once but it’s sunny side ups and toasted bread only,” he narrated, recalling the memory of their first year anniversary.

“Then that will do. As long as you are sincere, she will appreciate it. After all, it’s the thought that counts for her,” the old woman smiled.

 

The remaining time was left on reminiscing Sooyoung’s childhood. Her grandmother showed pictures of her which made him laugh at most of it. They even had lunch with them. When it was time to leave, they made him bring the box.

“That’s her wedding gown. She left it in here when you visited us after the wedding,” her grandmother handed him the box.

After bidding goodbye, he left with a heavy heart.