Chapter Fifty Six

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

Anyeong!

been Missing Sookris moments?

oh, i miss them too, but then we all have to wait eh? anyways they will soon meet so please enjoy this 3 chap updates!

*****************************

 

The ride back to the main city was done in silence again as Sooyoung made herself comfortable to take a nap at the backseat. She plugged her earphones and let the music lull her to sleep. As she was asleep, Mrs. Wu’s secretary, Victoria, made an overseas call.

“Have you found the whereabouts of the old queen?” she answered.

“Ne, Xiumin was able to trace their latest deal with his bodyguard. Kris should be aware of that guy. For the mean time, Tao and Kai are on the move to get the target before Tao gets in there for his project. Since they had already the paper, which means the old queen will be leaving right away.” The voice on the other line replied.

“Then I guess we’ll just have to dispose that guy eh? What’s the Young Master’s plan for him?” she asked.

“He just left the instruction about bringing him to the old warehouse. He will probably deal with it after his return from there.”

“How about the suspicious lady who had been trailing you?” she asked again.

“She had been taken care of and looks like she is not part of the whole plan. Just a side liner.”

“Good. Then I hope you fixed that problem in there. I am escorting the Young Miss back into the main city to meet Mister Li.” Then she ended the call.

 

Victoria watched the sleeping lady at the rear view mirror a smile tugged on her lips upon remembering something about her as she escorts her inside the grand mansion.

 

--------------

 

Sooyoung was able to get back to their hotel by around one thirty. She thanked Victoria and informed her that she will call her after the meeting. She took the elevator and was welcomed by Yeojin at the door.

“Oh, thank God you are safe,” she breathed as she pulls the younger one inside.

“Unnie, it’s my Mother-in-law who invited me so no need to worry or fret okay?” she smiled as she moves to get to the kitchen.

“What are you going to get there? Didn’t you have lunch?” Yeojin asked as she follows her into the kitchen.

“I’m hungry. Did you make some kimbap?” she asked opening the fridge.

“Aniyo, we don’t have any more supply of seaweeds and besides I thought you would not want any since you will be busy today,” Yeojin replied.

“But Unnie, I want kimbap,” she closed the door and pouted at the older one.

Yeojin gave a defeated sigh, “Arasseo, I’ll call Jinhyuk to look for a Korean restaurant around and order some kimbap for you.”

 

When Jinhyuk arrives, he had bought three boxes of kimbap. Selfish as she maybe, Yeojin gave them all to Sooyoung when the younger one asked for all of the three boxes. She went to the kitchen humming as she melts a bar of cheese. After melting it, she used it as dipping while she eats the kimbap.

“I wonder how long she will order kimbap in here,” Yeojin sighed as they watch her eat.

“Better prepare her dress because by 2:30 we will leave. The meeting place is quite a distance, so we need to get there earlier,” Jinhyuk replied instead and moves to wash up first.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

KOREA

 

“So where do we start?” Chanyeol asked as he did the honor of driving for the two maknaes in their pursuit of the culprit.

“How about visiting Jongsuk first? Those two are like best buds,” Kai suggested.

“Yeah, so let’s visit Mister Secretary first,” Tao agreed as Chanyeol started the car and started moving to get to Jongsuk’s apartment.

“I really can’t imagine that that guy will be the culprit,” Kai started again as they got on the highway.

“Me too. I mean he looks so dependable and all. Man! He is really smart by employing himself on his target to have the least suspicion,” Chanyeol added.

“I wonder where he had his training or schooling,” Tao mused.

“Must be like where Lay hyung had his,” Kai replied.

“But as far as I know, only Chinese were admitted in there. I am guessing there is a school in here just like that one where Lay hyung went to,” Tao replied.

“Did you know that the main branch of that school is in Paris? And Tao is right, there is a branch of that school in here,” Chanyeol replied.

“Jinja?” the two maknae exclaimed into Chanyeol gave a nod.

“Daebak,” Kai leaned on the seat as he ponders over what Chanyeol said.

“Then if there is indeed a school in her just like that, then there are female agents too right?” Tao asked.

Chanyeol gave a nod as he parks the black van in front of a simple apartment house; “Here we are!” he beamed as the two maknae moved to get outside the car.

 

Jongsuk was surprised to see the three of them in his doorstep. “Oh, is there something hyung wants me to work on?” he asked.

Chanyeol stepped forward, smiling, “We would like to ask something,” he gave the bored Kai leaning on the porch a look.

“Do you happen to know where Woobin resides?” Kai asked.

“Woobin? Does it happen that hyung asks for him?” Jongsuk asked again, getting scared of the three.

“Aniyo, he just asked us to pick him up. Since he is busy on other things, he asked us to look for you so you can point us the way,” Tao replied.

“Oh, is that so? We’ll he owns a unit on the condominium near the company,” Jongsuk replied, “Number 532,” he added.

Chanyeol smiled then waved at the surprised Jongsuk as the three of them leaves for their target.

 

-----------

 

They arrived at their destination just in time to see Woobin get out of a black car which has the emblem all of them are very well aware.

“So it’s really true that he works for that old evil queen,” Tao said as they watched Woobin watch the car leave before turning to get inside the condominium.

“It would explain how he got a unit on such an expensive condominium,” Kai marveled at the tall building which is deemed to be the most expensive one in the whole city.

“So what’s the plan? Looks like we cannot jut rush in there? The old evil queen does not hire easy people which mean he knows how to fight,” Chanyeol looked at the two maknae at the backseat of the black van.

“Then my wushu skills will have to put into test again,” Tao sounded his knuckles as Kai did a few stretching.

“Let’s get this done,” Kai prompted as he opens the door to set out on their mission.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

CHINA

 

Sooyoung let out a loud burp as the car made a curve to park on the space in front f a very expensive looking restaurant. The waiter by the door asked in Chinese if they have any reserves. It was Jinhyuk’s task to tell them where it is before they are lead on a very private room.

“Oppa, are you sure this person is safe?” Sooyoung asked as the waiter slides the door for them to get inside.

“No need to be scared Miss Sooyoung,” the voice inside replied instead which startles Sooyoung.

 

Inside the room waits a man in his mid thirties perhaps. He wears a black suit his hair pushed sleekly at the back making him look so formal. The three of them suddenly became conscious of their dresses. Yeojin and Sooyoung opted for pants and shirts with black jacket which they bought in pair way back in Paris. Jinhyuk has his pants too with a casual long sleeved shirt pulled at the elbows and sneakers to go with it.

 

“Looks like I am overdressed in here,” the old man chuckled, gesturing the three to seat.

The appetizer was served right away.

“So how was the stay in here?” he started, looking at Sooyoung.

“It was very nice. The province outside the city has many things to offer,” she replied.

“So you have been here before?” Mister Li gave an amused look.

“Yes, once when I went to visit some relatives,” she smiled, remembering the visit on her husband’s grandparents.

 

“That project you just wrapped up in Paris is a very remarkable one, if you may say,” he smiled making Yeojin uneasy.

“Oh, thank you for that remark. Andrei made sure that she will come out the best in that five minute short film,” Yeojin decided to join the conversation.

“So can we talk about the project?” Jinhyuk smiled at Mister Li.

“Oh, very well, if that’s what you want,” he replied and asked his bodyguard to hand him a folder.

 

He started discussing the plan about the tourism project which she will be involved. It will be shot on different locations around the mainland where they have posts of their company. The places will be divided with her partner, more like doing a short romance film with the length of five minutes. The last one will be at the famous subway station in Beijing where the so-called ‘lovers’ will finally meet.

 

“So it will have that romantic love story effect?” Yeojin asks after the discussion into which Mister Li gave a nod.

“May I know who will be her partner?” Jinhyuk asks.

“I am afraid I would let that be a mystery as of now. Don’t worry; he is a good fellow, no need to worry about it okay?” Mister Li smiled as the main course of the meal arrives.

The meal was done with few questions into which Jinhyuk and Yeojin answers for Sooyoung.

 

While the table is being cleared for dessert, Mister Li asked the question they thought no one would ask.

“You are married right?” he asked, looking at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung stiffened a bit but she managed a smile, “I would like to know where you got that information.”

“I tend to dig deeper into the profile of my models. It means I would get every bit of information regarding him or her,” Mister Li replied.

“Ne, I am married. Does that have something to do with the advertisement?” Sooyoung asked again.

“No, there is no connection. I am just curious as to how Kris Wu’s wife looks like. You are really indeed a beauty, Mrs. Wu Sooyoung,” Mister Li grinned somehow scaring Yeojin again.

 

“Do we have to sign the contract by tomorrow? I believe it is getting late and Sooyoung has another appointment to go to,” Yeojin interrupted.

“No, we will sign it today. Do you have any more rules you want to implement while we are doing the shoot?” Mister Li gave Yeojin a look.

“Just don’t tire her much. Tend to her in utmost care. She is in a very delicate situation as of the moment,” Yeojin replied which made Sooyoung and Jinhyuk look at her.

 

The signing commence as Jinhyuk secures the copy of the contract before they left. When they got out, it’s getting dark already.

“Are you sure you still want to go to Guangzhou?” Yeojin asks as they are heading back to their hotel.

“Ne, I promised Mommy that I will spend the night in there,” she replied as she punches Victoria’s number.

 

----------

 

Sooyoung and Victoria arrived at the ancestral house at around seven in the evening. Mrs. Wu is waiting by the receiving area near the front porch, reading some magazine.

“Hello Mommy,” Sooyoung moves to give her a hug.

“I see you are back. Have you had dinner?” Mrs. Wu asked.

Sooyoung gave a sheepish smile, “Do you have seaweeds in here? I want to make kimbap.”

Mrs. Wu laughed and escorted her to the kitchen as they work together to make a large bowl of neatly cut kimbaps.

 

 

 

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

how does the main image? do you like it?