Chapter Nineteen

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

“Guys, Kris have something to tell you,” Sooyoung started as they are eating breakfast.

Everyone, including his mother looked at him. He eyed his wife, “Something?”

“Yeah, about what you promised last night,” she took a bite on her sandwich.

“I remember, Sooyoung asked for a week summer vacation since classes are finally over.”

Everyone erupted into cheers when they heard it.

“Finally! We get to have a real break!” Sehun turned to give Sooyoung a hug.

“Yah! Sehun, you’re getting touchy already with Noona. Hyung might kick you out of the house,” Baekhyun warned the maknae who retreated afterwards.

“Let’s have it in Jeju Island! The beach is great in there,” Sooyoung suggested; the others agreeing on her proposal.

“Noona, are you going to invite some other people?” Suho asked.

“The girls have their own plans right after graduation so I cannot just invite them. I’ll just have Jinri, Minki, Nam Joon, V, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, Jungkook, and Jin,” she smiled.

“You are not actually bringing your won whole crew right?” Kris spared her a glance.

“Aniyo, they are really coming with us. There are twelve of you, while we are just ten. We can have separate vans. You drive yours I drive mine,” she grinned.

Finding it impossible to refuse, he just made a mental note to tell his secretary to book a one week summer vacation in Jeju Island for 22 persons.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Is everyone in here already?” Sooyoung took one last glance at her passengers. The other van had already started to move, they just have to follow. They have to take the plane to get to Jeju where another two vans await for them.

“Ne, we are all here Noona,” Nam Joon smiled at her. Jinri took the front seat since she is the only girl aside from Sooyoung inside the van.

While they are on the road, Suga proposed a game so that they would not be bored. Sooyoung the Radio to liven up the mood so as not to bore the kids. While they are playing, they also sing along with the music.

 

Meanwhile, Kris and his passengers are all silent, except for the maknae who is calling Jinri. The others are either sleeping or had their earphone and busy surfing the net on their phones.

“Jinri-ssi, what are you guys doing in there?” he asked.

“Suga oppa suggested a game. We are actually playing, wae?” she asked.

“I’m jealous. The boys in here are all so silent,” he replied.

“Poor Sehun. Stuck in a van full of tired Oppa,” she mocked, chuckling a bit.

“Jinri-ah, saranghae,” he said all of the sudden catching the attention of all the boys, even those who are asleep.

“Ne, saranghae,” then the call was ended.

 

He noticed the looks on him, “What?” he asked.

Even Kris looked at him on the rearview mirror.

“What the heck was that saranghae for?” Kai asked.

“That’s just a joke between us,” Sehun replied.

“A joke? Are you kidding?” Chanyeol looked at him.

“You see, we had a bet last time on who will top the finals. But bad luck seems to be looting for me that I got lost. As a consequence, I would call her three times a day, bring her whatever she wants and before I end the call, I need to say saranghae,” the maknae explained.

 

“That’s not a punishment, more like a demand,” Luhan looked at him.

“Are you really sure that’s the consequence? It’s seems rather absurd and quite … “ Lay spoke from behind.

“Well, leave it to the two. Who knows, they might end up together too,” Suho turned to look at the rest from the front seat.

 

When they arrived at the airport, they made a quick check on their things before boarding. It was a two hours trip. When they got off, they had separate vans again, but this time, Sehun insisted to be with Sooyoung’s group. The rest welcomed him that cheered him too. He took the seat behind Jinri before they started to move to their hotel.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Since there are twenty two of us, I decided to have the rooms by pair. So before we split up to our own rooms, find a pair first,” Kris instructed when they got on the lobby. After much confusion and chaos, the pairings came up like this:

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol

Kyungsoo and Suho

Tao and Lay

Xiumin and Chen

Kai and Sehun

Luhan and Jin

Jungkook and Jimin

Suga and Nam Joon

V and J-Hope

Jinri and Minki

Kris and Sooyoung

 

“All set, so get your keys and retire to your quarters now. Dinner later will be by the beach,” Kris said for the last time before following his wife who is holding the key to their room.

 

“Are yo sure the pair ups are fine?” Sooyoung asked when they got inside their room.

Kris immediately lay down the bed, “They did not even bother to complain so it will be fine.”

“Can I just have Jinri with me?” she asked again.

He eyed her with suspicion, “Wae? Is there some problem?”

“Nothing, I just miss my pretty little cousin. And is it true that Sehun said saranghae?” she sat beside the bed.

“I was to ask you that. We are just shocked when we heard him say it,” Kris replied.

“Jinri said Sehun always tell that to almost everyone in their class that they already got used to it,” Sooyoung explained.

“That’s not what Sehun said. All he told us is about losing on a bet and that he is just complying with the consequence.”

“That two must be hiding something,” Sooyoung stood up to get to the door, but he pulled her down the bed.

“That can wait by dinner, just stay here with me,” he whispered, holding her close before closing his eyes.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It was around seven when the two went down for dinner. The others are all having a game on the sand while the dinner was being prepared by the hotel staffs assigned on it.

“So what are you guys doing?” Sooyoung asked the crowd when they got near them.

“We are playing a card game. The one who gets the joker card gets to draw from the box for the punishment,” Chanyeol explained.

Sooyoung pulled her husband and joined the circle. Suho distributed the cards. When they all have their own, they flipped it all at once after the count of three.

Everyone pointed on to the unlucky V.

“Come and pick your punishment,” Jimin handed him the bowl. With one last sigh, he draws a paper and read it.

“Kiss the person in the circle who is wearing pink,” he read aloud.

The rest checked on the other members and teased V since it’s only Jinri who’s wearing pink.

 

“Wah~ ottokae?” he rubbed the back of his neck as the other cheered for the kiss.

“Where should I kiss her?” he asked.

“You can kiss her by the lips if you want,” Minki smiled at him.

“Yah! Minki-ah!” Jinri exclaimed, but blushing.

V stood up and moved to get near Jinri as everyone anticipated what the 4D alien will do.

 

He smiled at first before slowly leaning to complete the punishment. Everyone is anticipating except for Sehun, who lay down by the sand so he would not get to see it. It was Kris who noticed his reaction.

“Soo, look at Sehun,” he whispered over his wife. Sooyoung looked at the addressed one and smiled.

“Looks like they are into something,” she whispered back.

 

Jinri closed her eyes when V leaned even closer. Slowly, she felt his lips touch her forehead.

“That’s a kiss of respect from me,” he smiled after parting. The others cheered as V returns to his seat.

The game proceeds on, mostly Kai and Tao got the joker card and enjoyed the honor of receiving the punishments.

 

“For the last draw since there’s only one paper left,” Suga announced and distributed the cards.

For the finale, Sehun, at last got picked.

“I will do the honor of reading the punishment,” Sooyoung smiled as he reaches for the paper.

“If you get the chance to confess something, what would it be?” she read.

 

Sehun looked at the boys, a blush coloring his cheeks. “Something?”

Sooyoung gave a nod. Everyone looked at him, anticipating from what he would tell.

He sighed, “Actually, I have a crush on this girl. I mean she was never the type to make you turn your head twice but she has her own points that would amaze you once you get to know her better. And I am proud to be the guy whom she gave her ‘Yes’,” he bowed his head from embarrassment.

“So that must be it, let’s go grab some dinner,” Luhan stood up.

“Wait, that’s not actually the dare,” Sooyoung blurted out making all of them turn their head.

“Kiss the one you totally adore and love in the circle,” Sooyoung read and even let the paper run around the people so they can check on it.

 

Sehun grinned and stood to get around the circle as everyone anticipates to whom he would stop by.  He stopped behind Jinri and bent down to get her in the eye level. With much precision, he cupped her face and let his lips touch hers for a brief moment. None of the boys reacted, nor cheered. The shock was evident in all of their faces. Jinri blushed and smiled after the kiss.

“Actually, Jinri and I had been going out for two weeks already,” Sehun confessed that made the boys erupt into cheers.

“I told you, they are keeping something,” Sooyoung whispered but was only replied by a kiss from her husband.