Chapter Forty Nine

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

PARIS

 

“Sooyoung, would you want to watch a recital with kids as the lead?” Yeojin offered one sunny day during her second week.

“Recital? Kids?” Sooyoung’s eyes glimmered at those words.

“Ne, Jean gave me these two VIP tickets. Must have been a real good performance from a good school since the ticket is quite costly. And the leads are Korean kids, let me see,’ Yeojin read the prints of the ticket, “Han Twins.”

“Han? Twins? Could it be Andy and Janine?” Sooyoung asked as she pulls the other ticket from Yeojin. She was not wrong, it’s really the twins Andy and Janine. Unnie, let’s watch! I don’t mind travelling even to London to watch them. Please?” Sooyoung begged.

“No need to beg, we will really watch them. We already have the tickets anyway,” Yeojin smiled, “And pack up since Andrei will be in there to meet you right after the recital,” she added much to Sooyoung’s glee.

Right after those words, Sooyoung rushed to her room to pack some clothes and personal belongings.

 

Immediately that afternoon, they are booked for a flight to London to watch the recital at the Royal Albert Hall. They booked a two night stay on a nearby hotel and decided to tour for the remaining time since the recital will be tomorrow afternoon.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Appa!” Andy rushed to meet Luhan’s open arms as he arrives at the Heathrow Airport straight from Korea. Janine did the same as Joo In watches her husband get enveloped by hugs from the two kids. After the said greetings, Luhan smiled and moved to give his wife a hug whispering, “I miss you so much,” and parted for a long kiss full of emotions. When they parted, the kids are looking at them in grimace.

 

“I just miss your Mom. So what is this recital in which you two got the lead?” Luhan asked to divert the attention of the two as the family of four moves forward to the waiting car.

 

Just as they had gone off, Sooyoung and Yeojin emerged from the long lane of passengers from the local airlines. They are welcomed by Jean who had been into London a day ahead of them.

“Baby Beauty! Yeojin!” he squealed in delight when he saw the two. “Looking fabulous eh?” he remarked.

The two ladies are dressed in trench coats and skinny jeans with matching glasses to complete that chic look.

“You said that fashion is a way to express yourself, so here we are,” Yeojin smiled, removing her glasses.

“Oh, you two really are beautiful. So let’s get ahead before people gets to recognize her. She had been also the talk in here,” Jean pointed over Sooyoung as they moved to get to the waiting black limo.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

KOREA

 

Kris stood behind Xiumin as they go over the various feeds of the CCTV which Kris asked him to check. Lay came inside afterwards bringing along two mugs of coffee. The ‘Mirrors’, or the panel of computers monitors in front of them, glowed with light. The one which they are focused in the mean time are the one in the middle. He handed Kris the other mug, “How’s the findings?” he asked, stopping beside Kris.

“Still negative. There are no other intrusions or the likes,” Xiumin replied, stretching a bit.

“Let’s replay all of it again,” Kris asked as Xiumin types on the keyboard and restarts every feeds.

 

Lay noticed something from one of the CCTV feeds inside Kris’ office. Being trained to notice even the slightest glitch or anything off, he exclaimed surprising the two. “Replay that feed,” he pointed over the said feed.

Xiumin did and the three of them focuses on it.

“Did you saw that?” he pointed as the two focuses on it.

“There’s nothing wrong about it. You must be sleepy again,” Xiumin looked up at Lay.

“No, there is a slight glitch on it. Replay it once, start from the 2:05:34, then watch it closely,” he said as Xiumin starts it again from the given point. Much to their dismay, there’s nothing unusual on it. Not even the time interval.

“You must be really sleepy Lay,” Kris tapped the younger’s shoulder.

He rolled his eyes, “I have been to school to learn things like that. Let me take over,” he pushed Xiumin who gladly gave him his seat. He was really expert even on manipulating the keyboard and everything about the computer.

“Now watch this closely. Let’s play it in slow motion,” then pressed play as the two watched closely. There is indeed the very slight glitch in the video right after 2:05:53. It’s so slight, almost like it is part of the feed.

 

“But the other video may have one of those too. Check out the other feeds,” Xiumin pointed over a random video, playing it on the same time start. But then, it’s very clear, no glitch or anything at all. Lay even showed them the other video which were also clean.

“So what does that mean?” Kris asked as they watched the various feeds.

“That means someone intercepted this particular video. Someone is smart enough to do such thing. Whoever he is, he is able to stop the time without interrupting the flow of the time so it won’t be suspicious. That very slight glitch maybe the clue we need,” Lay explained.

“But there are no suspicious people within the perimeter and from the feed of the CCTV outside Kris’ office, no one dared to get near the door to even check the inside of the office,” Xiumin relayed, as if rebutting Lay’s statements.

“That would mean one thing. An employer who knows the security system of the building can do such clever thing; rob a document despite the CCTV’s around,” Lay looked up at Kris and Xiumin, turning the swivel chair.

“Again, none of the people in the company would dare to study the security system I embedded on the building perimeters. I even made sure that no one can just manipulate or even make a move on touching the system,” Xiumin sighed.

“Then that is really weird. But one thing for sure, the thief is and insider, an employee,” Lay concluded.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

PARIS

 

Sooyoung watched with such excitement as the kids perform on the stage of the famous Royal Albert Hall. Her eyes twinkled with the sight of kids and throughout the three hours performance; she just kept on complimenting about how adorable the kids are; especially Andy and Janine.

“So what do you understand about the performance?” Yeojin asked as the audience files to leave.

Sooyoung just gave a grin, showing that she knows nothing about what the recital was all about.

“Unnie, let’s just get to the backstage so I can congratulate the two. You know how I love kids,” Sooyoung pouted into Yeojin gave in.

 

As they are going down the stairs to get to the door leading the backstage, they saw Andy and Janine appear from the door and run on the very person Sooyoung forgot to note regarding the two; their father, Luhan welcomed them with open arms.

“What’s wrong?” Yeojin asked when Sooyoung stopped from her steps, people slightly bumping on her.

“Let’s leave. He must not see me,” she turned around, confusing the older one.

“See? By whom?” Yeojin asked again as she looks forward to see the two kids talking to a man and a woman.

“Luhan, Kris’ friend and the father of the two,” then she joined the crowd leaving the hall. Yeojin watched as Luhan lifts up Andy while the woman beside him lifts up Janine. The kids really resemble the two which made her conclude that the woman is his wife. Turning on her heels, she moved to keep up with Sooyoung.

 

Once outside, Sooyoung sighed, “I really want to see them again. I really miss those two.”

“Well, sad to say that you just have to bear with it this time. Why don’t you just make one for Kris? I mean, return back and make some babies since you really love kids,” Yeojin chuckled.

“Unnie!” Sooyoung whined, pouting childishly.

“Okay, I get it. Now, we just have to meet someone. I bet they are already at the restaurant so we can go back to Paris right away. Like you said, Luhan is here so he might learn that you are here too and that he might call Kris and then Kris would fly right away get you back,” Yeojin smiled as they hail a cab.

 

They arrived in front of a high-class restaurant. Sooyoung marveled at the classy sight, “Unnie, that person must be big time to meet us in this kind of restaurant.”

“Yes, he is really indeed big time,” Yeojin replied and pulled Sooyoung inside as they asked for the reserved table for them.

Sooyoung was surprised to see Jean on the very table, looking comfortable already.

“Jean?” Sooyoung looked at Yeojin, “You mean the big time person is Jean?” she asked in disbelief.

“Aniyo, he’s just a friend of that person. He must have been late again,” Yeojin smiled as they moved to greet the ever diva, Jean; who welcomed them with much enthusiasm. Once seated, the appetizer arrives as Sooyoung watch in awe the approaching guy.

 

He looks so dashing with his leather jacket above a printed white shirt. His blue pants hugged his legs perfectly with casual Converse shoes. His hair is in a disheveled fashion which all the more accentuated his boy-next-door look. He smiled showing a pair of dimples. His brown eyes, rare for most European, a perfect nose and that eyebrows and lips with the perfect body proportion too. He must have been a Caucasian with a few features but over all, he is really handsome. Sooyoung was seven more startled when the man stopped in front of their table.

 

“Andrei!” Jean exclaimed as the guys smiled again, showing his perfect set of teeth with those dimples.

“I’m sorry I’m late. Hey there, Yeojin,” he addressed Sooyoung’s cousin as he sits beside Jean.

“What made you come late?” Yeojin asked.

“Things,” he replied.

“I hate you Andrei! I am your bestfriend like for how many years and you still address Yeojin before me,” Jean whined, acting childish which pulled Sooyoung back to reality.

“You two are best friends?” Sooyoung asked in disbelief, looking at Jean then back to Andrei.

“Yeah, since God knows when. Sad to note that this guy preferred to be of the opposite rather than preferring the opposite ,” Andrei chuckled, earning a playful punch from Jean.

 

“So you must be Sooyoung, Yeojin’s cousin,” Andrei extended his hand for a handshake in which the female on accepts.

“My, I must say you really look good in those gowns and even in personal. Yeojin never fails me whenever I ask for models,” Andrei smiled.

“Model?” Sooyoung asked in disbelief into which Jean did the honor of elaborating.

“You see, Andrei is a rare, quote, single, quote, race outfit brand owner millionaire,” and made gestures during the word quote, “Since I had just finished my recent gown collection, he took fancy of you the moment he saw you on the magazine telling me that you look like the very perfect girl for his brand apparel. So there it is, Yeojin accepted the offer and you were even tricked that the sole purpose of going to London is just about the recital. This meeting is actually the real deal,” Jean smiled at the flabbergasted Sooyoung.

“You mean I am already hired as a model for a race outfit?” Sooyoung pointed to herself. Jean gave a nod of affirmation.

 

“So what do you know about cars and motorcycles?” Andrei asked as their meal was being served.

Sooyoung thought for a while, “I don’t know much, just the fact that you need a key to start it and gasoline to run it and of course a human to man and control it,” she replied.

“But you know how to drive,” Andrei looked at her.

“Yes, I know how to drive. I am not just that good enough for motorcycles; only scooters. I have my own license already,” Sooyoung replied.

“How about racing?”

Sooyoung stared at Andrei, “Racing?’ she shook her head.

“Oh, stop beating the bush, you are just confusing Sooyoung,” Jean swats Andrei’s arms.

“What’s wrong about asking?” Andrei looks at Sooyoung again, “So I’ll just have to teach you a few techniques and the basic which will be very essential while we are taking the shoot for your endorsement.”

 

Sooyoung was left speechless again. “You mean, you will teach me how to race?”

Andrei gave a nod, “Yes, using a car and even motorcycles,”

“Oh, let me teach her then. Let me handle the driving classes of my Baby Beauty,” Jean eagerly giggled and looked at Andrei with puppy eyes.

This even surprised Sooyoung, “You even know how to race?”

Andrei chuckled at Sooyoung’s expression, “Yes, he knows very much how to race. He is actually a very dreaded participant. He is very ruthless in the race track, running like the speed of lightning.”

“Stop that blabbering, you are scaring her,” Jean punched him again in the arm.

Instead of being scared, Sooyoung squealed in delight, “Omo! You race? Oh, please teach me! I really want to learn. Unnie! I will finally learn how to do racing!”

 

After her moment of happiness, Jean spoke, “Oh, call me Unnie too. I want to be called that way too.”

“But Unnie is for female only. I should call you oppa instead,” Sooyoung looked at Jean.

“Please, even just for this time. Yeojin would not call me like that, please?”

Andrei decided to but in, ‘What’s that?”

“Oh, Jean wants to be called Unnie. But we only use Unnie when a female calls someone older than her which is also a female. It’s a female-female term,” Sooyoung explained.

Yeojin laughed, “Korean Language 101?”

“See? She’s even laughing at me. What was that you say to a man? Op-op… what was that?”

“Ah, Oppa?” Sooyoung asked into which Jean nods.

“We use Oppa when  female address a male close to her or special to her like brother, a cousin, a friend or even use it as an endearment to our boyfriends or lovers,” Sooyoung explained again.

“Then that’s what’s Yeojin is supposed to call Andrei,” Jean giggled which Sooyoung perceived especially when the two had that evident blush on their faces.

 

All of the sudden, Yeojin stopped and looked over behind Andre and Jean.

“Looks like we will have a visitor. Lucas is on the way,” she said casually as the three turns to see a man in suit moving to their table.

“Don’t let yourself be persuaded Sooyoung. He is Andrei’s greatest rival, he steals models,” Jean warned Sooyoung who gave a nod.