Chapter Eighteen

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

“Noona! Palli!” J-Hope handed Sooyoung her graduation cap while they made a rush to get to the car. Today’s her graduation day and the seven lads from her Unnie’s café house helped her get dressed since the boys are all at work, except of the two maknaes who were at school. Her father drive her to get to the school while the J-Hope and the others took the large van while Soojin drives for them.

 

As the ceremony went on, the boys started to arrive one by one, including the maknae who keeps on bugging Mrs. Choi to go up with them on stage when Sooyoung receives her award.

“Please,” he pouted with puppy eyes.

Mrs. Choi smiled, “Sure thing,” then gave the grinning maknae a one arm hug.

Just then, Jungkook slipped next to Mrs. Choi and asked for the same. Getting touched by their desire to share her daughter’s achievement, she agreed. In the end, all of them were dragged to the stage when Sooyoung received her award for being outstanding in her studies. She was even surprised when all of them filed behind her when she went upstage.

 

“Where’s Kris?” Soojin asked when she got down the stage, about to return to her seat.

“He had to attend to a meeting,” Sooyoung smiled at her sister.

Soojin sighed before smiling at her sister.

 

The topic of not having her husband around for her graduation saddened her, but then for the sake of the others, she put up a smiling face.

“For special awards, I would like to ask the following students to line up and receive your distinct award … “

That part came as a surprise to the graduates, even Sooyoung, when she heard her name being called. There were twelve of them; five of her friends were included. All of the awardees lined up with their parent or siblings beside them to go up on stage with them. Even when she walked upstage, none of the people who came with her joined her in receiving her award.

 

“Congratulations,” their dean reached to give her the medal, but she was surprised when he handed it to someone behind her. When she turned her head, there stood her husband, smiling down at her. He pinned the medal on to her toga and moved to kiss her on the cheek as the crowd erupted into teases and cheers. She is still in shock when he pulled her closer for a picture. He held her hand afterwards and walked together with her down the stage. Once they are down, he noticed the spilled tears on her face.

 

“Wae?” he asked, wiping away the tears on her face.

She sniffed and hugged him instead, “I thought you would not come.”

“I would never miss the most important event in my wife’s life,” he chuckled.

He parted and cupped her face before squishing her cheeks, “The ceremony’s not yet over,” then guided her back to her chair.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The party that was held after her graduation was grand because her mother celebrated her birthday too. There were many visitors and friends who came to give their gifts and such for the graduate and the celebrant. Kris’ parents even came.

“Mommy!” Sooyoung exclaimed and enveloped Mrs. Wu in a hug as Kris did afterwards. She just did a bow on to Mr. Wu for the atmosphere between them is still awkward.

“Here’s my gift for you dear,” Mrs. Wu handed her a box. Sooyoung thanked her and moved to place it on the pile of gifts for her, leaving Kris and his parents to have some time together.

 

“Unnie!” Jinri rushed to surprise her with a hug.

“Jinri-ah,” she reciprocated the hug.

“Noona, I already placed my gift in there. Where’s Kris oppa?” Jinri asked.

“He’s with his parents,” then spared a look on to her husband but something was off. The three looks like they are on a serious talk and from the way Kris balled his hands into a fist, somehow alarmed her. But then, her other cousins made it impossible for her to approach her husband.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

It was around ten in the evening when everyone retired to their quarters. Since Mrs. Wu stayed for the night, Sooyoung had to share with Kris’ on his room. Mr. Wu went back to China for a business meeting which seems urgent.

“Oppa, did you have an argument with your father earlier?” she asked, propping her head with her hand to look at her husband.

Kris folded his arms behind his head, “Aniyo, why did you say so?”

“Because you look so tensed when I left you with your parents.”

“I am just stressed from work, no need to worry about it okay?” he turned to look at her wife.

“If you say so,” then lay closely beside him, “So what did my husband brought for me?” he asked.

“For what?” he asked.

 

She pulled herself up, looking down at her husband, “You mean you did not bring me any gift? For my graduation?”

He tries to think and shook his head earning a punch from his wife.

“What was that for?” he asked rubbing his arm.

 

Instead of answering, she made a sad face with sniffs of cry. Kris tried think of the reason why would his wife act like that. ‘Yeah, graduation gift,’ he thought a smile making its way on to his lips.

“Would you want anything?” he asked.

Her face lit up, “A summer vacation!” she exclaimed.

“Summer vacation? Sooyoung, you know very well that I cannot leave my work place right?” he replied.

“I did not say it would cover the whole summer period, a week would do,” she grinned.

“Okay,” he agreed immediately making her hug him with such glee.

 

“Youngie, I can’t breathe,” he tries to remove her wrapped arms on his neck.

She parted, “What did you just called me?” she asked.

“What?” he pretended not to remember anything.

“Yah~ you called me something, what was that?”

“It’s nothing. I said I can’t breathe.”

“Aniyo, you called me something before you said that,” she leaned closer, making him retreat.

“It’s nothing,” he smiled.

“Fine,” then lay down again beside him.

“Let’s have it next week?” she started again.

“Whenever you want,” he pulled her closer, snuggling on the crook of her neck, tickling her.

“Yah! That tickles,” she laughed pushing him away, but his grip on her was tight.

“So this is where you are sensitive huh?” the kissed her on the neck, making her flinch. Instead of getting tickled, it somehow aroused her.

“Oppa, don’t,” she breathed.

“Don’t what?” he whispered on her ear oh so softly and ily.

“Don’t do that,” she bit her lower lip.

He suddenly moved on top of her, “Shall we?” he offered. But before she could reply, he kissed her.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Sooyoung woke up from the warm breath fanning her neck. She moved and turned to look at her sleeping husband. Last night, he just kissed her, nothing more than that symbol of affection before they went to sleep. She ran a hand on to his face to touch the perfection sleeping beside her.

‘What did I do to have you?’ she thought getting caught on his sleeping face. She moved and kissed him on the forehead before resuming on her sleep.

 

“Sooyoung,” his faint whisper made her flutter her eyes open. “Ne,” she replied.

“Stay close, don’t leave me,” he added, his eyes still closed.

Something warm flooded her heart. A smiled got painted on her lips, “Ne,” she whispered back, pulling him close for a hug.

 

Just as she was about close her eyes, a jolly Tao barged into their room with a bright and loud greeting.

“GOOD MORNING SUNSHINES!” then walked to open the draperies, allowing the sunlight to flood inside.

Kris moved to snuggle close to Sooyoung, shielding his eyes from the blinding light.

“Noona, Gege, wake up now!”  Tao pulled away the sheet that covers them. Good thing, both are still clothed.

Sooyoung giggled when she felt his pull on her get tight, “Kris, everyone will pour inside this room if you would not get up right now,” she whispered.

“I don’t care,” he replied, still burying his face on the crook of her neck.

 

Just as what Sooyoung said, the boys poured inside and started to pester the couple. Sooyoung kept on squirming to get away from his grip, but his hold is so tight.

“Yah, get off now!” she pushed herself away from him. He lets go that both didn’t notice Sooyoung’s already on the edge of the bed. When he lets her go, she fell off the bed.

 

Her husband immediately rolled himself near the edge on where Sooyoung fell to check on her while the boys just laughed at their ridiculous situation.

“Are you okay?” he asked, still trying to adjust her eyes from sleepiness.

“Paboya! That hurts!” she exclaimed as Xiumin helps her get up.

He finally moves out of the bed and together with her and the boys went down for breakfast.