Chapter Forty (Part Two)

Perfectly Imperfect Mr. and Mrs. Wu

His mistake was forgiven and forgotten after that sweet gesture of love from him. That’s how he is so dear for her. She is willing to forgive his mistakes as long as it’s not something major. He is already the soft spot in her heart that she can’t somehow stand a day without seeing him or hearing his voice, even though they are fighting or giving each other the cold and silent treatment, as long as she sees him, it’s already fine with her. The thing about making up with his short comings is another issue.

 

One specific day of the same month February, she woke up from a kiss from her husband.

“Good morning beautiful,” he greeted. She was startled but then she smiled as she kisses him back, “Good morning too.”

“Breakfast in bed,” he placed the bed tray in front of her after she pulled up to sit.

“What’s with this?” she asked, suspicious of his work.

“I am just making up with my previous shortcomings,” he replied.

He just watched her get to her breakfast. When she was done, wiping her lips, he asked her again.

“Let’s go on a date today, shall we?”

 

She blinked, “Seriously, are you sick or what?” she reached for his forehead.

“Babe, I am not sick or anything. I happen to be free for today so I am making the best out of it,” he pouted.

“But aren’t we a little late for a date? I mean we are already married for God knows how long,” she reasoned out.

“Then, let’s assume that we are not married and that you are my girlfriend, I am your boyfriend and we are going out on out very first date,” he smiled.

She sighed, “Arasseo,” she gave in before he squished her face.

“I’ll wait for you downstairs okay? Wear something comfortable,” he lifted the tray then left her wondering what he is up to.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

When she got down after almost an hour, he is already by the front porch, leaning on the post, checking on something from his phone. He wore a white black sleeved shirt, the sleeves just right at the elbow with matching black pants and his black converse. His hair is disheveled in a fashionable way. For once, she forgot that he is a CEO. For her part, she wore her white shirt with black thin stripes, its sleeves just past her elbows with black skinny pants and her white converse with black laces. She strapped a cap on her sling bag, her hair down with large, natural curls at the end.

 

He smiled at her, “So, are you ready for a whole day of fun?” he asked, reaching for her hand.

“Just don’t starve me or let a car run through me then I am ready,” she grinned, accepting his hand.

They did not bring their car; instead, they went for the bus.

“Why the bus? I think it’s more convenient to use the car,” she asked as they got inside the very first bus.

“As I had told you, we are on our first date not as a married couple. Besides, parking the car would just cost much time,” he replied letting her sit first.

She did not argue anymore as she waited for the bus to stop at wherever he intends to bring her first.

 

The first stop over was on her Unnie’s café house. It was good to see the boys already busy serving a few customers. It was still nine in the morning.

“Why here?” she asked as he opens the door for her.

“Because this is where I first saw you and I love the choco-caramel shake they serve in here,” he replied.

“You love it too?” she exclaimed, her eyes twinkling in delight.

She was just rewarded by another smile as they come up to the counter where Namjoon waits.

“Noona, hyung, what can we do for you?” he asked as the others waved their greetings.

“Two serve of choco-caramel shake, to go,” he said as he pulls out his wallet to pay for it.

“No need hyung,” Namjoon said as he punches the order, “Since this is the first time the two of you got in here together, we would give it for free,” he added, smiling at the two.

“Then might as well come in here together for the next days to get free drinks, right babe?”Kris looked at his wife who blushed at the word babe.

 

After getting their order, they decided to walk on their way to the nearby shopping mall. Hand in hand while they are sipping their drink, everything feels so perfect.

“So what are going to do in the mall? Don’t me we will do shopping,” she looked up at him as they dumped their empty cups on a nearby bin.

“Nope, that will be time consuming. We will just watch a movie,” he smiled and pulled her to the cinema house. They had a hard time choosing on what movie to watch since their choice of genre varies. Finally they resolved on whatever movie which her eyes laid upon after winning on a rock-paper-stone game.

 

After securing popcorns and drinks, they went to their seat and waited for the movie to start. It was fine on the first part as the two enjoys the popcorn, but when their food was all spent both find the movie so boring that they fell asleep. She leaned on his shoulder as he leans on her head. God knows when the movie ends because when they woke up, the security guard is already ushering them out of the cinema house.

“I guess I would not ask about how was the movie since both of us fall asleep, eh?” he gave her a gummy smile as she stifled a yawn.

 

“So where’s our next stopover?” she asked as they stood by the bus stop. All the while they are together, he never let go of her hand, which somehow made her feel so secured.

“Namsan Tower. I bet Tao will surely get frustrated if he learns that we went there without him. He just loves that place,” he chuckled.

During the bus ride, Sooyoung kept on insisting a selca for the two of them but he would not abide to it.

“Please? Just how can we keep a memory of this if we would not take a picture?” she pouted.

“I am not confident about my looks so no,” he shook his head. Finally accepting defeat, she sighed and leaned on her chair.

 

“Sooyoung,” he whispered making the addressed one turn her head only to be caught off guard by the flick of his phone’s front camera. He took a selca of them with her surprised look.

“Yah! That’s bad! I am not prepared!” she whined, playfully punching his arm.

“Look how hilarious you look in here,” he pointed then starts snickering much to her dismay.

“I hate you!” she whined again trying to grab his phone.

“Ok, we will do one for real,” he moved closer to her.

He positioned his phone upfront using the front camera as she grins on it. Just before he clicks it, he turned ti kiss her on the cheeks then taps the capture button.

 

“That’s unfair!” she wailed again.

“What? That’s picture perfect already,” he checked on the photo, immediately setting it as his wallpaper.

“Let’s use mine,” she proposed. When they positioned themselves, it’s like their brain clicked that both turned their head, their lips meeting midway the moment she clicked the capture button. Instead of parting, he cupped her face kissing her again, twice and one more. She hasn’t changed her arm position and who would have thought she sets the camera on multiple shots capturing that very moment by scenes?

“Let me see,” Kris pulled off her phone as she blinks and tries hard not to blush but to no avail.

“So you set it on multiple shots huh?” he grinned as he scrolls more on her phone.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The cable car, the trip to the tower to watch the sights and the lock was all they had done during their Namsan getaway. She chose a blue heart shaped lock and printed their names on it. He locked the said item on the millions of locks on the place and together threw the key. They stayed there for a while to rest. He slowly moved to hug her from the back as they watch the view of the city up there. “Perfect isn’t it?” he whispered as she leans on to his hug.

“Ne, perfectly imperfect,” she replied.

“Our next destination will be for food,” he said then felt her stomach grumble which made him laugh.

 

They went over the Jongro Market Place. The place is packed as always with many things to be proud of. The main reason they went there though is to fill her wailing stomach.

“So should I surrender my wallet for your meal?” he joked.

“Oppa!” she exclaimed, but then she already pulled him inside to start her food trip. She went from stall to stall, satisfying her hungry belly. But since they will be going to the amusement park after that, she decided at first to minimize her serve. Yet, it failed because according to her, ‘the foods are calling me.’

 

She let out a loud burp when they waited by the bus stop making him laugh at her again.

“Yah! You are laughing again,” she faked a sniff, wiping invisible tears from her eyes.

“Just kidding. And you know I love that Sikshin in you,” he pulled her on a hug as she lets out another burp making him chuckle again.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

He paid for an all-ride ticket. So for the whole time, they made the best of that ticket. They started from the carousel, which she insisted, and then the bump cars then Ferris wheel and the list went on. When they felt too tired already for another ride, they decided to stop for a while to rest. He bought her a drink when she caught something from her peripheral vision.

“Oppa, isn’t that Lay?” she pointed out over.

“Oh, yeah and that’s Hyoyeon right?” he replied making her splutter on her drink.

When she strained her eyes, there goes her bestfriend laughing along with Lay.

“What’s with that two? Are they dating?” she inquired but since he doesn’t know the reason he just shrugged his shoulder.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

 

It was after a few more rides when they decided to leave the amusement park. For their last destination, the park near Han River where you can rent a bicycle to roam beside the river. Instead of the bicycle, just as what he decided, they walked hand in hand. The sight of a stall with souvenirs caught her attention.

“Oppa, let’s buy something in there,” she pointed out as she took a bite on her ice cream stick.

There are various items available. What caught his eyes is the pair of penguin key chains. They are not those plastic ones but the fluffy small item good for a key chain.

“I want this,” he picked up the two items.

“Why the penguins? There are more of the items which are cuter,” she pointed over the other items.

“Well, because there is this fact that when a penguin finds it soul mate, it never leaves it sides up to death,” he smiled handing her one of the items.

“Remember, it’s not the item that counts but the thought,” he smiled.

 

After tiring themselves from walking, they decided to spend the rest of the time on a bench to take some rest. Good thing that it has a backrest to lean on. He held her hand again, not feeling any annoyance in housing hers on his. The sight of the orange sky reflecting on the river is so beautiful. The constant sound from the people around them and the soft blow of the wind made her relax that she soon drifted off to dreamland.

 

It was only when she felt the strain on her neck when she woke up. The sky had turned black with little white dots scattered about it.

“Good morning my queen,” he greeted her.

“It’s already dark,” she yawned, stretching a bit.

“I know, but you just woke up so good morning. Besides, for a scout, there’s never a good afternoon or good evening, it’s always good morning,” he handed her a bottled water.

“Oppa, let’s go home already?” she looked at him.

 

With a smile, he pulled her left hand and slipped something on her ring finger. “Someday, sooner, I will move that to the right finger, in the front of the same altar,” then pulled her for a soft kiss.

“Happy first anniversary Youngie,” he whispered afterwards.

Her eyes widened in shock, tears it already. She sniffed and hugged him tight.

“Hey, why are you crying?” he rubbed her back, getting alarmed.

“Tears of joy, paboya!” she sniffed again. They stayed like that for a while before she parted.

“Oppa, saranghae,” she smiled. She was just rewarded by a kiss before she pulled her up, “Let’s get home already. The boys might be wondering where we are now.”

Hand in hand, they proceed to get to the bus stop for a ride home.